Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon With Unique Function.

Pisirk

Lets alllll face it. Almost every weapon feel the same! And when one does noticeably better than the other, a NERF is called on it or a cry for balance is in place. And it gets real bland when everything is balanced cause they all function the same way like one gun with a dozen skins.

But not all hope is lost.

Look at the glaive, the most unique weapon in the whole game, the only one so far that does the damage dealing in it's own way. So DE, can we ever expect unique function weapons in the future?

Example: Rope Dart, Pull enemy towards you use their body as shield and retracts to pull you in when shot at surfaces.

Roller grenade belt with 3 deployable rollers.

Impact stun gun, knocks enemy down for extended time while dealing little to no damage

Smoke gun that obstructs vision but do not render you invisible

Anyway that's all that I can think of mainly for utility purpose but can be very helpful at times and promotes team play instead of everyone just full blast their arsenals.

Edited by Pisirk

Maybe something with electric arc? Dealing damage to multiple targets, as the electric arc is spreading?

Also: grenade launchers and FLAMETHROWERS (die Infestation!)

Edited by Angius

I have ideas for the weapons we already have. Not sure if anyone wants to hear it, though.

spill it.

Say hi to Volt.......

Kunai say hi to Ash

So it's safe to say it doesn't hurt to make a secondary that does what volt does.
Edited by Pisirk

spill it.

It's all longswords, really.

The Machete could grapple and pull onto enemies with a damage tick per second while pulling (idea from neKroMancer), and a little stun after to make it worthwhile.

A charged attack with the Heatsword that allows it to "sear" through enemies, spreading fire damage with all the effects with of fire damage itself.

The Dark sword on it's jump attack would leech life from enemies, each enemy adds on a percentage with a maximum percentage. A kill with it grants back 1%, killing another enemy in the same period of time will grant a additional 1% added on top, up until maybe 5%?

The Pangolin sword could maybe cause knockdown on it's charge attack, since it's known for it's swift ground execution. Buff the damage on that and make the AoE of the jump attack longer, and make the knockdown last more. Make the attacks on them do more damage to weakspots as well.

Plasma sword is good with it's crit rate, range, and charge attack. I'm a bit stumped on what to add here, I wouldn't want the Plasma sword to be the boring weapon.

Edited by BleuNoir

It's all longswords, really.

The Machete could grapple and pull onto enemies with a damage tick per second while pulling (idea from neKroMancer), and a little stun after to make it worthwhile.

A charged attack with the Heatsword that allows it to "sear" through enemies, spreading fire damage with all the effects with of fire damage itself.

The Dark sword on it's jump attack would leech life from enemies, each enemy adds on a percentage with a maximum percentage. A kill with it grants back 1%, killing another enemy in the same period of time will grant a additional 1% added on top, up until maybe 5%?

The Pangolin sword could maybe cause knockdown on it's charge attack, since it's known for it's swift ground execution. Buff the damage on that and make the AoE of the jump attack longer, and make the knockdown last more. Make the attacks on them do more damage to weakspots as well.

Plasma sword is good with it's crit rate, range, and charge attack. I'm a bit stumped on what to add here, I wouldn't want the Plasma sword to be the boring weapon.

Interesting. I wonder if DE is willing to spice things up.

Interesting. I wonder if DE is willing to spice things up.

Honestly, the Machete is just a reskin of the Skana right now. They both have the same prices.

I sure hope they do though, if they have the time. They seem pressed with a lot of things right now. Seem.

Why not have a "weapon" be replace with a "tool": something that can do damage, moderately, but shines with utilitarian use?

A grappling hook could be awesome. If you fire it at an enemy and connect it to either the ground or another enemy the foes will accelerate towards each other, stunning larger foes and possibly killing smaller, more common, or already weakened adversaries.

The true shining moments though are when it's used to propel players and teammates through a level.

Sure, you wouldn't use it in a ship environment; but it could help out with defense missions or outdoor areas. It could possibly allow players to cling to walls and get a better vantage point. It would be great for stealth if the player was then able to fire their primary or secondary weapon (whichever one is not replaced) from their position, either off of a wall or from a ceiling.

Maybe something with electric arc? Dealing damage to multiple targets, as the electric arc is spreading?

Also: grenade launchers and FLAMETHROWERS (die Infestation!)

i cant wait till my clan finishes researching the flamethrower it's gonna be mega!