Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Engraving Names Onto Weapons

Ape3po

... not much else to say. Would naming your own weapons be possible/feasible? Would be even cooler if we named these weapons (start with the Dragon Nikana as a test, then add more and more to with this feature), and it was translated and transcribed on the weapon in the tenno/orokin language (see https://warframe.com/news/tenno-language-decoded).

Of course, this just means more loading time and more data on a model, so the option to toggle this visual on/off in the options menu would be wise.

We are warriors, I'm sure I wasn't the only one to suggest this. I just think a personal touch would be an interesting way to make us all a little more unique than we are already.

Love you guys and all the work you've been doing thus far. This game has been evolving to something awesome.

Edited by Ape3po

Tenno 1: BEHOLD MY (ENGRAVED) KATANA OF SPACE NINJA-NESS.

Tenno 2: What's engraved on it, is it something cool like 'The Purifying Blade'?

Tenno 1: Oh, no, I put my name on it just in case someone else takes it from the armory by accident.

Tenno 2: -_-

I honestly don't see the appeal.

Edited by Ailith

I'm all for engraving (the weapon's) name onto a weapon. It gives not only gives it a personal feel but an awesome look! It would be cool to show it to your friends, clannies or in a video.

And, like mentioned, turning the effect off (fot squadmates only, haha >:D) would always be an option.

+1!

Edited by Raniu

Not an fps, so not even you would see it.

Lol I'd be able to see it. The fact that it's 3rd person allows you to turn the camera and see if need be. Mostly you'd see it in the armory and in combat when you're swinging the thing around... especially if it is glowing slightly with the same color as your energy color...

Tenno 1: BEHOLD MY (ENGRAVED) KATANA OF SPACE NINJA-NESS.

Tenno 2: What's engraved on it, is it something cool like 'The Purifying Blade'?

Tenno 1: Oh, no, I put my name on it just in case someone else takes it from the armory by accident.

Tenno 2: -_-

I honestly don't see the appeal.

It's an option. Not a requirement. If you don't want to do it, you don't have to. Just for fun. Like... all appearance changes. None of them hold any real appeal other than you can customize a preference... And I didn't mean YOUR name... I meant a name of your choosing.

Edited by Ape3po