Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Shooting Ramparts Decrease Mission Accuracy Score?

AgentScarlet

This is an issue that has always bugged me, but I never got around to making a thread about it until now: shooting destructible objects (e.g. explosive barrels, grates, crates) brings down your mission accuracy score. Only shots that land on an enemy count as hits, even though there are a variety of reasons to target objects as well. Want to shoot an explosive barrel to stagger nearby enemies, or to break open a secret area? Shooting that barrel is counted as a miss. Want to shoot out a fan/grate in the ceiling/floor, instead of having to do an awkward directional melee attack/groundslam? Also a miss. Want to break open that weird loot crate on the ceiling in that one parkour room? Miss.

This has become more of a problem with the introduction of ramparts and blunts. These can require a lot of shots to destroy, and you have more reason to shoot them - especially ramparts, which present a threat that is often best neutralized by shooting it down from behind cover... even though doing so will ruin your score.

Related issue: using the codex/synthesis scanner to scan objects also decreases your accuracy score. There's an entire codex section dedicated to objects, obviously we're meant to scan them, yet the game punishes us for doing so.

Of course, if shooting objects was counted as a hit, this could perhaps make it too easy to cheat up your score by shooting crates. But what if hitting destructible objects counted as neither hit nor miss, but instead didn't count toward your score at all? This seems like it would be an acceptable solution.

Edited by AgentScarlet

This.

Of course the accuracy score doesn't really have much meaning, like the "Skill" score (what the pancakes does it stand for anyway??), other than perhaps bragging rights. Still, I find it bugs me plenty. That being said, this is probably a bug no one has bothered to look over or even notice.

• 3 weeks later...