Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Many Flaws Of Slash Dash.

(PSN)theelix

1. Always forces forward momentum in some degree, even if used just after a jump is still forces you to go forward a bit instead of straight up or where you're aiming.

2. Doesn't carry momentum properly. If you jump backwards and use Slash Dash, you suddenly start going backwards at the end of the animation.

3. Natural Talent reduces the distance of Slash Dash since its distance appears to rely solely on the animation. Or something. I dunno. I can tell you that I never used Natural Talent until I got tired of the four second animation delay of summoning the exalted blade when not hosting. I put it on, I could suddenly get absolutely no where with slash dash.

Now onto the more.. Serious problems.

4. If enemies are too close together, you can't target them separately. This brings up two sub-problems. 

4a. This counts as one melee counter strike.

4b. Since it counts as one melee counter strike, this means Surging Dash takes a huge hit. I've been to groups of up to seven enemies count as only one enemy. It'd give me 5 hits instead of my proper 35 hits.

5. Getting stuck on objects.

5a. You lose your combo counter during the duration. Freakin' why? It's not MY fault there's a railing in my way, that's where the enemies pathing makes it run away while I'm slashing to three of his friends.

5b. Slashing target whilst being stuck on objects.

6. Missing targets. The whole targetting thing looked good on paper. It really did. Before I realized it can slash to targets, derp out a bit and follow them as they back pedal, and subsequently miss the slash completely, doing NO damage, and not knocking them down.

7. The glitch. There's something where it'll consider you still in slash dash even after the animation is cancelled, and you'll be unable to use any of your abilities or shoot or anything but be invincible.

No mention of how it's incapable of hitting more than 3 targets?

This actually seemed to improve slightly in the many updates since 16.9 (Slash Dash can now hit almost every enemy in a cone if they're VERY neatly and evenly spaced, e.g. freshly-spawned and Blinded in the Simalcrum). But yeah, it's still way too common that we aim at a group of enemies, press 1, and watch as our Excal hits the guy at the front and another guy at the back without bothering to do anything about everything else in between.

I'm still surprised that DE hasn't done anything significant about this in the week that 16.9 came out on PC, especially when a pretty large percentage of the comments were straight-up "SD's targeting sucks".

Edited by SortaRandom

It's a bit mechanically broken, and inconsistent.  

-The targeting cone appears to stop at a certain distance, even though with Stretch the range of SD is quite far.  

-Should there be a piece of geometry between you and your target, you will be stuck on the wall for the maximum duration possible.

-Multi-targeting is incredibly inconsistent.  Sometimes I'll kill  8 dudes with one cast, sometimes it's 2.... roughly the same distance apart.

Still, it's incredibly powerful with Surging Dash, and still worth using constantly (especially when paired with EB)