Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mgs 5: The Phantom Pain - To Pre-Order Or Not To Pre-Order For Ps3?

XxCurtennoxX

So with 14 days to go until MGS5's release, i'm going to get it for sure. Always loved all of the Metal Gear Solid games and i've been watching gameplay enough to know i want this one as soon as possible.

However, i'll be getting it on PS3, rather than a next-gen system or PC (Due to lack of PS4 and lack of decent PC).

I've seen side-by-side comparisons of PS4 vs PS3 visuals, and i am impressed how good it looks on PS3.

The one thing that is putting me off buying it before waiting is performance. Being a last-gen system, i'm wondering how well it will perform on PS3. Ground Zeroes was fine, but that was very small-scale compared to Phantom Pain.

I know the Multiplayer aspect won't be as active as the newer systems and PC but that's just a bonus since i play MGS games for the stealth and story. It won't bother me too much if not many people are playing on PS3 still...

I am very eager to play the game, but i also feel like i should wait a bit to see if people have any performance issues on PS3. Don't wanna spend full-price for the game if it plays badly, i'd end up waiting for a price drop if such a thing happened.

Reckon it's worth waiting to see how it performs? I believe the FOX Engine was originally created for PS3 and 360, and it was adjusted for the newer-gen systems, but i can't help but wonder if they've managed to neglect the older system versions.

preordered for PS4.

as for scale... open world map of TPP is very barren and most of the side missions are even smaller than a GZ base.

I wouldn't hesitate on PS4 because they've spent so much time on it. All of the footage has been shown on next-gen systems which is why i'm concerned about if Ps3 and 360 have been neglected.

Reckon it's worth waiting to see how it performs? I believe the FOX Engine was originally created for PS3 and 360, and it was adjusted for the newer-gen systems, but i can't help but wonder if they've managed to neglect the older system versions.

GZ is a very good PC port, and most can run it on rather high settings even if you don't meet the recommended specs. If that's anything to go by, I'm pretty confident TPP will have get jus' as much port love as the latter. However the framerate is going to be locked at 60fps like GZ was. All in all only time will tell how the performance will be adjusted for last gen consoles, but I'd not worry. Hell, even MSG3 still looks good for it's time.

well... buy a PS4 then.

because perfomance may be the same, but not the graphics.

besides PS4 is just a good choice.

I'm buying it for the gameplay and story. Not the bloody graphics.

If i could afford a PS4 or better PC i would buy one. But there's other things i need to pay for soon so it isn't an option right now. I also have Ground Zeroes data on my PS3 to be transferred over to TPP.

Never pre-order anything. Ever. Anything.
Simple rule.

Why no.1- you might get disappointed- wait for a public oppinion, watch some youtube videos.
Why no.2- pre-orders are always overpriced. When it will come out it should be considerably cheaper.
Why no.3- developers get lazy- when they get money before the game comes out, they will acknowledge it as a success already and won't even consider to expand on it. Because they got all the money they wanted already. You know what I mean.

GZ is a very good PC port, and most can run it on rather high settings even if you don't meet the recommended specs. If that's anything to go by, I'm pretty confident TPP will have get jus' as much port love as the latter. However the framerate is going to be locked at 60fps like GZ was. All in all only time will tell how the performance will be adjusted for last gen consoles, but I'd not worry. Hell, even MSG3 still looks good for it's time.

Metal Gear Solid games have always looked great in my opinion.

But yeah i do have faith in Konami (Despite all the crap that's happening with the company right now).

I just have some slight doubts that they've been focusing more on newer-gen systems that they haven't tested enough on older systems.

Simple rule.

Why no.1- you might get disappointed- wait for a public oppinion, watch some youtube videos.

Why no.2- pre-orders are always overpriced. When it will come out it should be considerably cheaper.

Why no.3- developers get lazy- when they get money before the game comes out, they will acknowledge it as a success already and won't even consider to expand on it. Because they got all the money they wanted already. You know what I mean.

You have a point. Watch_Dogs was a flop as was Assassin's Creed Unity.

I trust Konami more than any other company though, but i guess waiting a few days can't hurt.

i am just saying that on PS3 you may have longer loading time and less fps.

The only loading is between Helicopter and Motherbase, and when you start up the game. So i'm fine with that. 

Simple rule.

Hmm...

Nah, I already pre-ordered it.

Why?

I trust Kojima.

My bad. Kojima already left and they've removed his name from the game case. That's so wrong just removing his name and not acknowledging his and his team's hard work...

They did that ages ago, hell him leaving was the first thing that ever happened.

I remember reading Silent Hills was cancelled, but i thought he had yet to leave. 

Well, only 14 days till MGS5.

14 days until Konami will start to fizzle out. 

After MGSV, I'm buying another Konami product. 

Even if it's Silent Hill, I'm not buying it.