Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Japan's Response To Usa's Robot Duel Challenge

Soju.

Their first mech showed is dual pilot, they're going to "upgrade" it however, and remote controlling might be considered an "upgrade" as it means less harm for the pilots. Japan's Kurata got a pilot seat too, and it only requires one, but after watching a few videos of theirs, I'm assuming they can remote control the robots as well, or if not, then it's probably on the way.

Probably. However, if they're planning on working with Nasa to upgrade the cockpit to withstand several-ton impacts, why would they go remote control?

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord

Probably. However, if they're planning on working with Nasa to upgrade the cockpit to withstand several-ton impacts, why would they go remote control?

Well in their concept art of an upgraded Mk II from Megabot, there is a giant chainsaw attached on its right hand, so this fight might be a bit more serious than we think it is so remote controlling is probably still safer, but then again, it might be like 2 piece of toys controlled by human babies fighting each other.

Edited by AlphaWolf003

Well in their concept art of an upgraded Mk II from Megabot, there is a giant chainsaw attached on its right hand, so this fight might be a bit more serious than we think it is so remote controlling is probably still safer, but then again, it might be like 2 piece of toys controlled by human babies fighting each other.

The chainsaw might not actually be functional. On their reddit thread, they said they were going to fight using the sheer mass of their mechs. Also, even if it becomes functional, the Japanese will likely be remote controlling the mech. Their Kuratas frame doesn't look sufficiently armored compared to the USA mech. However, we'll have to see the specs on the upgraded Kuratas first.

The chainsaw might not actually be functional. On their reddit thread, they said they were going to fight using the sheer mass of their mechs. Also, even if it becomes functional, the Japanese will likely be remote controlling the mech. Their Kuratas frame doesn't look sufficiently armored compared to the USA mech. However, we'll have to see the specs on the upgraded Kuratas first.

They have several prototypes of the Kuratas and we've only seen one, that and the fact that they haven't reveal much of anything yet except their advanced softwares and handles built specifically for the robot and functional hands and what seems like a thruster.

Edited by AlphaWolf003

They have several prototypes of the Kuratas and we've only seen one, that and the fact that they haven't reveal much of anything yet except their advanced softwares and handles built specifically for the robot and functional hands and what seems like a thruster.

It's actually shoots little balls, or puffs of air in one of their demonstrations at some expo. Kuratas doesn't seem capable of equipping hard hitting weapons due to its size and hands. (Hands in mechs can't carry heavy objects compared to modular arms.) Kuratas also runs on wheels, which are vastly inferior against treads (which have more grip).

It's actually shoots little balls, or puffs of air in one of their demonstrations at some expo. 

What you mean the 2 mini gun attached on above the left hand? Yeah of course they use little balls instead of real bullets .-.

What you mean the 2 mini gun attached on above the left hand? Yeah of course they use little balls instead of real bullets .-.

No, the thruster thing that you mentioned. The one that charges, and then opens up.

@2:40

They need to armor up Kuratas somehow. It looks fragile.

I can't wait for the fight. I hope they open up the cockpit on the Kuratas to find a pool of blood and gore afterwards. Heh.

No, the thruster thing that you mentioned. The one that charges, and then opens up.

@2:40

They need to armor up Kuratas somehow. It looks fragile.

I can't wait for the fight. I hope they open up the cockpit on the Kuratas to find a pool of blood and gore afterwards. Heh.

Oh so it's like a mini cannon. The Megabot's one has one too I believe, auto loader. Though it's going to be a melee duel so I guess they are going to have to make heavy modifications on the armor to sustain more damage(and melee).

And yeah I see what you mean it does looks kinda fragile maybe it's just for placeholders, but it probably has more mobility than Megabot's Mk 2. Still too soon to say anything about it atm. Oh yeah it has the shield thingy too.

Edited by AlphaWolf003

Oh so it's like a mini cannon. The Megabot's one has one too I believe, auto loader. Though it's going to be a melee duel so I guess they are going to have to make heavy modifications on the armor to sustain more damage(and melee).

And yeah I see what you mean it does looks kinda fragile maybe it's just for placeholders, but it probably has more mobility than Megabot's Mk 2. Still too soon to say anything about it atm. Oh yeah it has the shield thingy too.

Well, it's max mobility (as far as I know) is only 10kph. Even if it was a melee duel. Kurata's arm (the one with the mini-shield) would be heavily damaged after taking several blows. Kuratas weighs 9000 pounds, the current USA mech weighs ~12000 pounds.

Well, it's max mobility (as far as I know) is only 10kph. Even if it was a melee duel. Kurata's arm (the one with the mini-shield) would be heavily damaged after taking several blows. Kuratas weighs 9000 pounds, the current USA mech weighs ~12000 pounds.

Hmmm, the video where it was out for a drive test on the street showed that it can go as fast as a normal car (following speed limit ofc). Plus they got glove control to control its hand, can't wait to see what they got next year. It'd also help a lot if they reinforce the shield and the cockpit (they already have bulletproof front armor as a separate part).

Edited by AlphaWolf003

Hmmm, the video where it was out for a drive test on the street showed that it can go as fast as a normal car (following speed limit ofc). Plus they got glove control to control its hand, can't wait to see what they got next year. It'd also help a lot if they reinforce the shield and the cockpit (they already have bulletproof front armor as a separate part).

You fell for CGI, you filthy scrub.

The video where it drove on the streets is CGI. It also isn't hard to move at 10kph.

How da hell do you know that?

Besides, 'long as it's faster than the one Murica's holding right now... for da moment.