Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Thinking Of Building A Pc

TheErebus.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

You can pick your country in the top right.

Firstly, you need to decide if you want to buy a bundle or all parts seperatley.

Decide on a Case, HDD/SSD, PSU, CPU, Motherboard, Optical Drive if needed. RAM, Graphics Card etc etc

www.cpuboss.com
www.gpuboss.com

Both great sites to compare cpu's and graphics cards.

Make sure you get a motherboard that will support the CPU you want to get, For example if you were going for an i7 4790k you would want to get a Z97 motherboard (Asus is best imo, Gigabyte boards are also good) then you want to make sure your motherboard and CPU support the RAM you get, all of this info can be found on the manufacturers websites.

For example, Say you decided on a Z97 Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard, you simply go to the Asus website and it will list all the CPU's and RAM that the board supports.

There are plenty of guides available online, tomshardware is a great site with an outstanding community that can help you decide on parts and make sure they are compatible.

I've probably made this sound more complicated than it is but it's really very simple if you take the time to do a little research, building your own PC can be very, very rewarding.

[built well over 40 PC's]

Feel free to message me on the forums if you have any other questions!

EDIT: Here's an example of a pretty solid and not too expensive gaming rig,

Asus Maximus VII Hero Motherboard
Intel i7 4970k CPU
Asus GTX 970 4GB Strix GPU
Corsair HX850i PSU
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM

Welcome to the Master Race!

Edited by Kamachi

I've been using laptops for about 5 years, and then built a PC a few months ago. Absolutely loving the change.

I had some friends helping me out quite a lot, especially when looking for the parts.

I can't say much more than that you have to pay attention to compatibility issues when looking for parts, but PC part picker will tell you if something isn't compatible, so I highly recommend using that.