Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Check Your Rng & Loot Tables, De!

Namacyst

Running Xini a whole day to get the new common mods: Nothing. Only common Skill and Sentinel mods over and over and over and over and over again. Noone needs that many, it's just wasting time looking for something usefull because you need skill mods only once and after that it's garbage.

Same with Rare mods like Thunderbolt... i farmed it for weeks and still have none.

Your RNG is S#&$. Make it better please.

Idea: Have different rarities appear on different worlds, and advertise the percent for rares in the world description (ie - Earth: Rubedo, Neurodes, 20% Rare Chance). That way we somewhat go back to the old system (tougher planets = better sh*t), while still maintaining the randomness of the current system.

Maybe try something other than Infested? That is if you don't want to see a ton of skill mods over and over.

Problem is i try to farm reach for melee (common) and thunderbolt (rare). Both drop only from Infested.

Try constructive criticism: offer a better alternative or ways to improve the existing system.

Can't coz i don't know how RNG systems work behind the curtain.. only thing i know is that the distribution of loot in the current system sucks.

Also, please please please nerf the Latron Prime BP and stock drop rate...

This. So much this. I currently have 7 Latron Prime BPs, 6 Stocks, and 5 Reaper Handles. I have 2 Barrels, 1 Reaper Prime BP, and 0 (zero) Blades and Receivers (as well as zero Forma BPs!). I'm uncertain if these were intended to be harder to get, but this is getting absurd; I enjoy playing in the Orokin tileset very much and think it's brilliant (despite a number of falling-through-the-floor issues), but at this point, I've given up running them until the issue is at least considered. I don't think anyone in my clan (Test Clan Pls Ignore, there are kind of a lot of members) has seen the Receiver or the Blade either; at least, no one vocal in clan chat (which, granted, is a minority of players). It's fine to have rare rewards in the Void runs. In fact, I believe that there should be (and they should probably be the Frost Prime parts). They should not be something that, to our eyes, is identical to the common drops (Receiver (should) be equivalent to Stock; if I have 6 Stocks and 7 BPs and 0 Receivers and this is considered common, I'm going to curse DE and the RNG in that order (this is obviously a turn of phrase and I'm not actually angry and understand the nature of beta-stage updates); it becomes clear that this is an issue with loot tables or weighted rarity, but one piece of the Latron Prime should be no more rare than the other, as far as we can tell; that is to say, and pardon the semicolons, that all components of a single item should clearly be of equal rarity, and if there should be a rare piece, it should be BP - but it should probably be little more rare than its components). I would suggest offering some other reward - something suitably uncommon and useful as to be worthy of Orokin runs, but also something useful in quantity. Seeing useless components pile up in my Foundry while there is a single, presumably equivalent component whose absence is halting production of the BP is rather frustrating, particularly when it seems that it is not, in fact, the RNG (the frustrations of which we are all familiar with and have accepted), but some actual difference in loot rarity.

Edited by PleasureMan

2 things DE can do.

1) They switch their pseudo-RNG to a true RNG

or:

2) They expand their rarity categories to fit with their pseudo-RNG. (because some items in the same rarity category are still more rare than the others.)

going from:

a) common

b) uncommen

c) Rare

to

a) common

b) uncommen

c) special

d) rare

e) legendary 

(something like that)

The new mods seem to only drop on void runs as far as I can tell.

That's not true since i had clanmates get new mods from Xini and other missions. It's just the broken RNG DE uses to distribute loot.