Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Repeated System

Doom_Bunny

I guess I'm a little tired of seeing the same system in Warframe. That system being:

Collect the parts for a certain type of character/archwing/sentinel/kubrow. Collect some mods then max a couple of r10 mods. Forma the thing six times and maybe put a potato in there.

Now the main system of warframes, weapons, and mods is great. It has changed a lot and has continued to build after mod 2.0. My problem is that with each new system kubrows, archwing, and sentinels the system is mostly the same.

Sentinels: Repeat the process of collecting and building the stealth/heavy/assault version then mod it with it's own sentinel mods. This was fine the sentinels were our first companions having their own mod system made it even better. However the sentinel gun mods are the same as your gun mods hence you're not allowed to use the same mods. This continues to feel like a cheap way to get us to max out another r10 mods that we already have maxed.

Kubrow: Find an egg then hope to rngesus it pops out as the type of kubrow you want. This was different however the grind when trying to get a specific type can be equal to the void. The mod system is even more different from sentinels in that it now relies on your warframes mods. This can be a problem in early stages but once you've maxed some r10 mods and forma the kubrow six times (just like we do with everything else) it'll be fine.

Archwing: Collect parts for the heavy/stealth/assault archwing, then mod it with it's own mods. At this point I'm wondering why I can't just use the mods from my frames and weapons that are already maxed at r10.

I do recognise that when archwing was released they tried to something different with it. It was similar to the kubrows mod system in that it relied on the warframe and it's mods however it relied too heavily.

What I would like to see is more variety.

Examples:

Archwing: Instead of just having the heavy/stealth/assault. Why not allow for the player to build their own archwing out of those parts. The wings of itzal, the harness of elytron, and the systems of odonata. All of which would result in different base stats and various abilities from those three.

Kubrows: Allow for the player to choose the kubrows abilities with the mod system. Then breeding becomes more about changing base stats and default colours/patterns rather then hoping for the correct type of kubrow.

Sentinels: Just allow for us to use same mod on both the sentinel weapon and our gun.

Edited by Postal_pat