Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mgsv Online Mode Is Locked Behind A Paywall

TheErebus.

Ugh so Konami is like :

MilkCowLevels.gif

I do love MGS series, but since Kojima isn't with them anymore, then my money goes with him.

(btw. really hate all those pre-order, DLC (as in one small thing costing few bucks Q.Q), microtransaction bs in paid game titles - f2p are another story tho).

Edited by tocorro

I know right, but also how does a ghost smash a computer? Maybe he's become a spooky poultergeist after that statement.

I channeled enough rage from your comment to form a physical hand.

Makes sense. Last TRUE Metal Gear Solid, last chance at easy cash-in from the already huge fanbase, yet taken to the max this time. I'll laugh my ! off it half of the singleplayer will also be locked at release and later become DLC content for like 7,49$ a piece.

If that happens, Konami will be sent to hell with no chance for redemption

Edited by TheSpookyGhost

He'd go full Silent Hill.

Um... Well he doesn't know where I live, so I'll be okay.

[breaking news] 100,000 people killed in mysterious circumstances in NZ, police are baffled as to what could have caused this incident.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

Well to be fair, it's not a huge issue. Like I said, the main focus is the story mode. 

Which has microtransactions.

Makes sense. Last TRUE Metal Gear Solid, last chance at easy cash-in from the already huge fanbase, yet taken to the max this time. I'll laugh my ! off it half of the singleplayer will also be locked at release and later become DLC content for like 7,49$ a piece.

Nah, it's more like "pay more to see less"

Haha...

"Thankfully this is the last game I'll buy, then not a cent!!"

...few months pass, something else that looks good comes out...

"okay this is definitely the last one! Then they're cut off!"

...few months later...

Learn how to take a stand if you feel so passionately, mate. Boycott that shiz now, I passed on getting Ground Zeroes for free.

Haha...

"Thankfully this is the last game I'll buy, then not a cent!!"

...few months pass, something else that looks good comes out...

"okay this is definitely the last one! Then they're cut off!"

...few months later...

Learn how to take a stand if you feel so passionately, mate. Boycott that shiz now, I passed on getting Ground Zeroes for free.

Listen, I've been waiting for this game for a long time now and I love Metal Gear. 

I'm not going to stop right now when it's 8 days from release.

Listen, I've been waiting for this game for a long time now and I love Metal Gear. 

I'm not going to stop right now when it's 8 days from release.

I know, and that's why they know they can get away with it.

You're telling me this is the last time you buy a Konami game? That if they announce Reveangence 2 with "Rules of Nature" blaring in the trailer you won't be first in line to pre-order it? You're exactly the poor sod that re-inforces their choices.

I know, and that's why they know they can get away with it.

You're telling me this is the last time you buy a Konami game? That if they announce Reveangence 2 with "Rules of Nature" blaring in the trailer you won't be first in line to pre-order it? You're exactly the poor sod that re-inforces their choices.

No, I'm not going to get it, I stand by my choices. 

And I don't take kindly to being called a poor sod. 

No, I'm not going to get it, I stand by my choices. 

And I don't take kindly to being called a poor sod. 

If you really mean that, good for you.

Konami and all these other companies are walking all over you. Speak with your wallet, even if it hurts that you won't be able to enjoy the games. It's tragic that you're unable to resist the temptation of Phantom Pain, but perhaps in the future you'll be able to see the intrinsic value of taking a stand.

I admit it is possible the flow of the game can be affected by the microtransactions to tempt you to buy Mother Base Coins. But I have the game Pre-Order digitally and there is no way in hell I'm not missing Kojima's last Metal Gear game. And I have no interest in the Forward Operating Base because its stupid to pay for stuff that you can lose to other players and I do get very very salty when I lose. So the real and core of MGS V is the Phantom Pain single player experience that I paid specifically for and Metal Gear Online is just a bonus. A bonus I don't give a crap about.  And if I can wait for a Warframe to be built in 3 days I definitely can deal whatever wait time they throw at me in Mother Base Development... even though I already paid for the freaking game...

Konami has released a statement:

"The FOB mode will be fully accessible at launch and the micro-transaction layer to that specific feature in the game primarily acts as an accelerator."

Today, further clarification came as Konami stated "the initial FOB, which includes the FOB command platform and all sub-platforms, is not behind a Mother Base coin paywall. Maintaining other FOBs past the initial set of FOB platforms can be purchased with Mother Base coins."

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/xbox-one/news/g55dcd49e080d2/Metal-Gear-Solid-5-microtransactions-still-under-question/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GPNZ+Newsletter+2015-08-26

Edited by (PS4)Pharen