Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Most Badass Moment Yet

Sni7ch

I was doing a Spy mission (Oceanum-Pluto). I hate Spy missions so I was running through solo. On my evening jog, I ran into a huge hanger. Then all of these dropships started to land. It was 3 and they started to deploy troops. 

All I could think of is damn, I want more moments like this. I have been playing for more than 200 hours and this was the most "Okay, I get it, these guys really really hate me." 

To sum up, I don't really feel (in terms of immersion) that the Infected, Corpus, and Grineer are not all that motivated to destroy all Tenno. So, I would greatly love to see a moment ingame where it looks like I am winning, then a dropship or some other type of attack craft starts to destroy everything in sight, like a sense of urgency.

or you can go play world in coflict. that game was badass and it had choppas droppen troops. and A-10 thundertrolls aka trollhogs trolling every20 seconds and gunships dropping clusterfuck daisy cutters to clean whole city and uss missouri to clean house of all Ivan activity in the town you were defending.

I was doing a Spy mission (Oceanum-Pluto). I hate Spy missions so I was running through solo. On my evening jog, I ran into a huge hanger. Then all of these dropships started to land. It was 3 and they started to deploy troops. 

All I could think of is damn, I want more moments like this. I have been playing for more than 200 hours and this was the most "Okay, I get it, these guys really really hate me." 

To sum up, I don't really feel (in terms of immersion) that the Infected, Corpus, and Grineer are not all that motivated to destroy all Tenno. So, I would greatly love to see a moment ingame where it looks like I am winning, then a dropship or some other type of attack craft starts to destroy everything in sight, like a sense of urgency.

Yeah I get you; more epic &#! moments. +1 to that.

or you can go play world in coflict. that game was badass and it had choppas droppen troops. and A-10 thundertrolls aka trollhogs trolling every20 seconds and gunships dropping clusterfuck daisy cutters to clean whole city and uss missouri to clean house of all Ivan activity in the town you were defending.

LMFAO, what did I just read?

Edited by destroyyouall

Events like that would go a long way toward making gameplay experience more dynamic, and give the player more of the impression that the Corpus/Grineer/Infested really don't like you. In fact, they don't like you to the point that they're willing to throw entire battalions at you - JUST TO MAKE SURE.

Having moments like that where you hear through the PA that allied dropships have arrived, followed shortly by a small crowd of very angry enemies would help with this impression. The numbers of enemies are fine now, but having them panic, call in reinforcements, or even try to trick you into getting locked out would go a long way toward this experience - as long as the player has a way out of each one.

Well, in my head canon, the Corpus are not that determinded to destroy the Tenno. THe only one outright said to have marked the Tenno as "kill on sight" are the Grineer. The Corus always appeared to be alright with our incursion. But it was when we went to kill them they became aggresive.

Why? Killing the infested is what they would like to do anyway. Killing the Grinner open their ability to expand their markets (they are, after all, merchants). They can extert more monetary control without coming at too many odds with the Tenno.

WHy am I saying this?
Because the Grinner would have the type of epic troop movement you described. The Corpus are crewmen, the Grineer are actual soldiers. The Grinner want to kill you, the Corpus fight to live.
It would add another layer of personality to these epic moments. They would become a moment of harsh realizations for the player and being able to build the world in a strongly moving way.