Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nikana Prime

DoritosandDewGG

But...it isn't an esclusive of the "china founder pack"? Like the kunai? i'm not sure that we'll see these weapons ever....

Only thing exclusive to China is Excal Umbra Prime.

Everything else is fair game

Yes D.Nikana will be thrown into trash can when Nikana Prime hits

if the stats are same with chinaframe

Ill be keeping mine in hopes that when the Orbiter arrives I can have a weapon rack and see my entire arsenal before me and feel like a badass.

Also I have 3 forma in that thing and I like the way it looks

Ermm the stats of your "old" weapon dont change ya know, if it works now it will work then.

The new one might be more effective sure, but nobody is stopping you form using the old

True, but as the game continues and the enemy's get a higher level and the Nikana prime does have higher stats in china frame, if the stats cross over DN will no longer be a viable weapon.

True, but as the game continues and the enemy's get a higher level and the Nikana prime does have higher stats in china frame, if the stats cross over DN will no longer be a viable weapon.

I dont think the game will just throw out stronger enemies, that would make little sense, im expecting the game to evolve ot just play smarter in the future.

To answer OP's question: I see no reason to give up on your DN.  If you enjoy using it, there's no reason to stop.  I forma'd my Soma 4 times, I think, so I'll be keeping it even though I have a Soma P.  Same for Vectis.  Call it sentimental value, but I enjoy those weapons and there's no reason to give them up after all the work I put into them.

With regard to the Nikana Prime...looks neat, I'll farm it, lol.

• 3 months later...

Looking at these screenshots... the community made a huge ruckus and got Chroma's original helmet changed, right? I'm hoping for something similar this time around. The hilt and scabbard are hideous (I'm guessing the blade'll be relatively unchanged) and the tassle looks annoying.

Don't even get me started on what they did to the Kunai. 

What, Nikana Prime? I thought Dragon Nikana was the fancy "prime" version of Nikana. Even wiki said so some time ago if i remember correctly?

Well, i think it will have similar or better stats -- Prime weapons are usually faster or have a bit more utility or damage so my guess is Nikana Prime will have a better reach and attack speed at least and a similar damage, or distributed a bit differently?