Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Drops After 12 Hours Of Farming

Namacyst

Played 12 hours with my Clan. We did different missions.. endless defense, raid, void, extermination, mobile defense, capture and assassination in every system on various planets vs. all factions.

I found not a single one of the new Mods. I checked: No -Sanctuary -Reach -Master Thief -Insulation -Rage -Melee Channel -Acrobat -Hawk Eye -Eagle Eye -Swift Death -Vaporize -Thunderbolt - Retribution or -Handspring Mod.

NOT A SINGLE ONE. I picked up about 350 Mods today.. all of them old crap i already have a S#&$load of but none of the new mods? Half of them are even common. COMMON!

That can't only be bad luck and noone can tell me "Dude, it's RNG" without having a single tad of doubt when looking at those stats.

DE.. i said it before and say it again: For a game that lives from farming right now your loot distribution, Random Number Generator and loot tables are crap, insulting, unfair and worst of all: unrewarding.

There are more and more Threads about this in the forum... not only about Thunderbolt or Mods in general... the Alert RNG system, the Void BP Rewards and the Vauban Blueprint nonsense regarding their rarity on par with Artifacts...and there will be even more until you do something, DE.

I don't mind farming 12 hours for stuff but when i finish i dont want to have the feeling of having gained nothing and just being screwed over by the RNG loot system.

My 2 cents...

Played 12 hours with my Clan. We did different missions.. endless defense, raid, void, extermination, mobile defense, capture and assassination in every system on various planets vs. all factions.

I found not a single one of the new Mods. I checked: No -Sanctuary -Reach -Master Thief -Insulation -Rage -Melee Channel -Acrobat -Hawk Eye -Eagle Eye -Swift Death -Vaporize -Thunderbolt - Retribution or -Handspring Mod.

NOT A SINGLE ONE. I picked up about 350 Mods today.. all of them old crap i already have a S#&$load of but none of the new mods? Half of them are even common. COMMON!

That can't only be bad luck and noone can tell me "Dude, it's RNG" without having a single tad of doubt when looking at those stats.

DE.. i said it before and say it again: For a game that lives from farming right now your loot distribution, Random Number Generator and loot tables are crap, insulting, unfair and worst of all: unrewarding.

There are more and more Threads about this in the forum... not only about Thunderbolt or Mods in general... the Alert RNG system, the Void BP Rewards and the Vauban Blueprint nonsense regarding their rarity on par with Artifacts...and there will be even more until you do something, DE.

I don't mind farming 12 hours for stuff but when i finish i dont want to have the feeling of having gained nothing and just being screwed over by the RNG loot system.

My 2 cents...

Pretty sure these mods drop only in the new void missions. I've had a fair few from there (reach, elemental resist ones, swift deth, eagle eye).

I don't know for sure but I haven't heard of people getting these mods anywhere else. I don't know how many void missions you did exactly but it's something to consider 

Edited by Segolia

Pretty sure these mods drop only in the new void missions. I've had a fair few from there (reach, elemental resist ones, swift deth, eagle eye).

I don't know for sure but I haven't heard of people getting these mods anywhere else.

They drop from certain factions outside of the Void (atleast for other, not me). Melee Reach, Thunderbolt and Elemental resistance mods for example are common drops from Infested (the Resistance mods may be dropped from any faction.. not sure).

I've gotten several of the new mods. though every single one was from void missions. sanctuary, a few reaches, some of the useless resistance ones, and a hawk eye. Seems they've made the new mods only drop in the void, or at least they are extraordinarily rare outside of it.

Edited by Attenburo

They do drop in void, I found like 4 insulations (I'm so happy) and even some not listed in update like the rare antitoxin I found (come on).

But I still didn't found any of the 3 exterminations event mods so well.

They do drop in void, I found like 4 insulations (I'm so happy) and even some not listed in update like the rare antitoxin I found (come on).

But I still didn't found any of the 3 exterminations event mods so well.

Yes, they do drop in void.. but they also drop outside of it. It has nothing to do with them being void exclusive because they arent. I have the feeling DE just can't get their RNG right when it comes to new added mods so the droprates suck.

And Antitoxin is poison resistance, yes.

Yes, they do drop in void.. but they also drop outside of it. It has nothing to do with them being void exclusive because they arent. I have the feeling DE just can't get their RNG right when it comes to new added mods so the droprates suck.

And Antitoxin is poison resistance, yes.

bah ok, was hoping for something like "you can ignore poison damage once every X seconds", but what, it's 3% per level? so it can get to like 18% for a total of 9 points? that's slightly better than the others (i.e. there are enemies who use this damage...) but still pretty bad (imo)

FYI I know a couple of friends got Eagle Eye, Hawk Eye and Reach from Void missions, I myself got Swift Deth and the elemental resistances from Void missions as well. (That said I also got mostly crap mods in Void missions)

Edited by Kyte

Sorry OP. I got most of them everywhere. I don't have Master Thief yet. That and thunderbolt is the only mod I have any need for. I got most of other stuff in the void, defense missions, hell even on random missions.

Drop rate overall needs some tweaking though.

Biggest issue with drop rates is this. Devs say they want constructive criticism. Saying how we could have an idea how to improve the game. This is impossible without understanding their algorithm that governs their drop system. I'd be more than happy to go over that and give my input on it if I had a chance. So far they never stated anything about it besides saying "it's a random number generator". Which is a lame answer, since that only a small part of their drops system. The system isn't fully random and it's difficult to properly criticize it without a massive data pool (which if someone has I can do some tests with, but again it has to be massive and it might take me some time) or giving us the overview of their drop algorithm.

I don't know for sure but I haven't heard of people getting these mods anywhere else. I don't know how many void missions you did exactly but it's something to consider 

So I either pay money for card packs, or pay money for void keys to get these nice shiny cards.... "Facepalms"

How is this RNG? More like U-N-F-A-I-R

Sorry OP. I got most of them everywhere. I don't have Master Thief yet. That and thunderbolt is the only mod I have any need for. I got most of other stuff in the void, defense missions, hell even on random missions.

Drop rate overall needs some tweaking though.

Biggest issue with drop rates is this. Devs say they want constructive criticism. Saying how we could have an idea how to improve the game. This is impossible without understanding their algorithm that governs their drop system. I'd be more than happy to go over that and give my input on it if I had a chance. So far they never stated anything about it besides saying "it's a random number generator". Which is a lame answer, since that only a small part of their drops system. The system isn't fully random and it's difficult to properly criticize it without a massive data pool (which if someone has I can do some tests with, but again it has to be massive and it might take me some time) or giving us the overview of their drop algorithm.

Don't see it as criticism but more as a personal statement of how it feels while playing the game.

I play alot, farm alot, loot alot and it feels as if i only get the same mods all the time and none of the mods that are newly added or mods i look for. I know that some mods are more rare than others and that some mods drop only from different factions, that it is best to farm mobs with level 20+ to have the best chances of rare mods (as steve said).

Based on those informations one should increase the odds to get what one wants in farming the right mob type in the right region with the right level but sadly that's not how it works. Thunderbolt for example is a mod that's suposed to drop from any infested and has the highest chance to drop from mobs lvl 20+. I farmed Xini, Infested Alerts and random Infested Missions for weeks many hours a day and still have not gotten a single Thunderbolt. Or the new Reach Mod for Melee which is supposed to be a Common Drop from Infested aswell has not shown up since release of Update 8 and i played ALOT. It's a COMMON Mod.

As i said.. i feel that the Loot-Table or RNG is somewhat broken, unfair and arbitrary without any reasoning or boundaries one could understand to farm "the right way" to increase the odds of getting rewarded.

I feel the new mods are rarer than the "rare" mods we have, I've picked up 2 flow (from level 1-2 on mercury no less...) but haven't picked up any of the new mods outside of the void. While this is ok, it'd be nice to know that the new mods only (almost, seeing as people have found them outside of the void) drop in the void.

(I also hope nothing new is added to the void judging by the trouble people have getting receivers, blades, etc)

I got diamond skin, insulation, flame repellant, swift deth, vaporize, hawk eye, retribition, rage, reach and acrobat. most of them in void missions, together with other mods like flow that refused to drop for me ever before.

I also got half a dozent latron prime BRs, Barrels and stock but not a single reciever

Most of the new mods are awful and not worth the slot/points though. Particularly the elemental resistances. I don't even think we take elemental damage, and 10% reduction against it is not worth a slot and 10+ points.

they drop outside the void. but for "common" mods as most of them are rated that's some rare stuff ^^