Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best melee weapon?

GhostXIII

I spent my little amount of platinum on a Warframe upfrade and a weapon upgrade. and now i have the first weapon print being constructed now. So i don't want to waste my one and only weapon upgrade on the first weapon print and i'm asking what would be the best weapon to install the upgrade on. If you can please put what the weapon majors in and if you know them or have a link to the it please put the stats on there too.

Heatsword is my favourite atm. Very fast swings and charge speed up. It's AOE is weak, though, all it does is add a pretty but usless burning effect to mobs.

Cronus has a very nice stagger aoe, but it's general melee potential is a downgraded Heatsword. The aoe is very nice, though, good to take as a back up in case you get swarmed.

The axe feels good so far, I've only got it leveled to 8 but its power makes up for its slow swing. Most enemies will stagger you before you releae a charge unless you time it just right, though, and if you go 1v1 charge move they will beat you every time.

My favourite three so far. Building a hammer now...

The Furax are pretty great. Part of that is that I just really like using them for sure though. It's mostly a chargespamfest and abusing electricity/jumpstrike to lock things down. (also hits through armor) I think Scindo and Bo have high potential as multihit options and I think they are both largely better than the hammer althought I have yet to max any of the above. And dual skana if you are doing a specifically melee build.

Guest DarkAuthority

Leveled up axes with mods reducing charge time become the ultimately efficient melee weapon. At level 23 and -120% charge delay it pretty much charges up as quickly as a mid leveled sword, yet dealing tremendous amount of damage (240-260 charge) and hitting multiple enemies at once (I took out 7 infested "troops" at once, my best score so far).

You can't go wrong with the axe especially playing as rhino. The 'iron skin' power become simply the essence of your gameplay.

Edited by DarkAuthority

Leveled up axes with mods reducing charge time become the ultimately efficient melee weapon. At level 23 and -120% charge delay it pretty much charges up as quickly as a mid leveled sword, yet dealing tremendous amount of damage (240-260 charge) and hitting multiple enemies at once (I took out 7 infested "troops" at once, my best score so far).

You can't go wrong with the axe especially playing as rhino. The 'iron skin' power become simply the essence of your gameplay.

If you're doing a build devoted to meleeing, the pattern I've seen is that charge attacks lose ground to spamming attacks if you dedicate your frame to melee mods and mod the weapon with crit and melee damage. I don't know if this is true for the axe or not though. But for the few other full melee builds where I saw people devoting their frames to doing more melee damage, the charge ended up not being as good.

The rhino is definately the class to do a pretty hardcore melee build on though.

Guest DarkAuthority

If you're doing a build devoted to meleeing, the pattern I've seen is that charge attacks lose ground to spamming attacks if you dedicate your frame to melee mods and mod the weapon with crit and melee damage. I don't know if this is true for the axe or not though.

You're right, but the two new weapons change the play style a bit. If you are to hit e.g. all surrounding enemies and waste them in a single blow, it is worth waiting a bit longer, yet to deal much more damage per hit.

Standard sword = some 85-95 dmg / hit.

The axe = 200-240 dmg / hit (2-3 hits to take down a 'big' infestation leveled 20-25).

The above is level dependent.

Edited by DarkAuthority

Axes are new "Gorgon"?

No, the axes are good at something. The gorgon is good at almost everything.

You're right, but the two new weapons change the play style a bit. If you are to hit e.g. all surrounding enemies and waste them in a single blow, it is worth waiting a bit longer, yet to deal much more damage per hit.

You can't know this until you've tried it mang (unless you have done some ungodly maths and in that case i want to see your formuals). Without proper speccing its pretty much better to go with charges over regular attacks on every other weapon. I haven't seen anyone try to spec the axe for melee spam yet, but the pattern so far has been; when you try to make it viable, spaming attacks beat out charge attacks. Granted, you still use the charge sometimes, its not like you cant sprint while charging and so it is still worth doing when you aren't actually hitting something.

Edited by AreWeHuman

Guest DarkAuthority

No, the axes are good at something. The gorgon is good at almost everything.

You can't know this until you've tried it mang (unless you have done some ungodly maths and in that case i want to see your formuals). Without proper speccing its pretty much better to go with charges over regular attacks on every other weapon. I haven't seen anyone try to spec the axe for melee spam yet, but the pattern so far has been; when you try to make it viable, spaming attacks beat out charge attacks. Granted, you still use the charge sometimes, its not like you cant sprint while charging and so it is still worth doing when you aren't actually hitting something.

What's so hard to understand here? You are surrounded by n number of infestations (e.g. 7 of them). You charge up your axe, say, for 2 sec. All of them die in a single blow. You can't do this so fast with a sword regular melee spam. There you have it.

This is what I meant above - charge over melee - in case you misunderstood.

Edited by DarkAuthority

What's so hard to understand here? You are surrounded by n number of infestations (e.g. 7 of them). You charge up your axe, say, for 2 sec. All of them die in a single blow. You can't do this so fast with a sword regular melee spam. There you have it.

This is what I meant above - charge over melee - in case you misunderstood.

Again, that is what is true of other weapons UNTIL YOU SPEC SPECIFICIALLY FOR MELEE DAMAGE. You can get 100%+ melee damage on your warframe. On your weapon you can get more +melee or swingspeed or critchance+critdamage. It is a specific thing you have to build for. When you haven't done that THE NORMAL PATTERN, AND WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, IS THAT CHARGE ATTACKS ARE BETTER.

I'm not the one who is misunderstanding here.

Have you fully specced your build including the frame for melee damage yet? If not, you HAVE NOT TRIED WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

So, to make this simple, Just give me a straight answer to this question:

What amount of +m.dmg% do you have on your frame? If it isn't at an absolute minimum ~80% then you have not even begun to attempt what I am talking about.

Edited by AreWeHuman