The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo The Invulnerable And Mesa The Untouchable

Fait

I love the idea of void monsters, even though I feel like it steps a bit too close to League of Legends territory. And mobile mesa ult that you aim yourself? As much as I want that, mesa might just turn into excal 2.0 where no one even uses her other abilities, even though no one currently does, anyways. granted, mesa isn't as tanky as excal and can't regain health with a mod, so at least people would use shatter shield in order to survive.

21oqazq.jpg

That is an adorable looking limbo :U <3

Mesa's my favourite Warframe and I don't mind how she looks so unarmored (personal opinion) And that GUNSLINGER theme is just too awesome. Sure 4th ability breaks the game. With the Greedy Mag + Mesa combo gone, players still find alternatives to it like Trinity and Limbo (as mentioned). The problem wasn't with Greedy Mag, it's been Mesa's Peacemaker all along (but please don't remove the Regulators, it's one of the biggest reasons Mesa looks so darned AWESOME!)

Note: an archer's scope for an alternate helm would be wayyy cooler :D

(Sorry guys, and Fait, just fanboying over Mesa's looks XD)

I would be annoyed if they took out the regulators.

I love the idea of void monsters, even though I feel like it steps a bit too close to League of Legends territory. And mobile mesa ult that you aim yourself? As much as I want that, mesa might just turn into excal 2.0 where no one even uses her other abilities, even though no one currently does, anyways. granted, mesa isn't as tanky as excal and can't regain health with a mod, so at least people would use shatter shield in order to survive.

The only difference is that Excalibur uses radial blind and then ulties everything to oblivion while Mesa doesn't really have that.

Whilst I love the idea of the void monsters, I can't help but feel as though that's too big of a change to be implemented, as awesome as it would be. All of the other changes to Limbo I think are long overdue and I really hope DE see this and listen.

Mesa on the other hand, I never realised how easily her ultimate could be reworked. I love Mesa, but when I play her, I force myself to only use her first three skills and never ever press 4. I think reworking it would make her so much more fun to play and I'd love to see that happen!

Thanks for the insightful thread, and I hope this gets some more recognition!

I think all of your ideas are great except for "Void Monsters". Do you mean that Limbo will use banish to put enemies like the drahk in the void so that when you use cataclysm these drahk fight for you? Sorry for being stupid but I need some clarification. Other than that I completely agree, the alternate skins and other changes are a must!

The Orokin did. And how would you know the personality of the first Limbo(Prime)?

the Orokin didn't make the 1st armours proto excal gives us enough insight on that, most prime weapons are made by the Tenno during the Orokin era when they were able to make their own primes

I think all of your ideas are great except for "Void Monsters". Do you mean that Limbo will use banish to put enemies like the drahk in the void so that when you use cataclysm these drahk fight for you? Sorry for being stupid but I need some clarification. Other than that I completely agree, the alternate skins and other changes are a must!

Basically any enemies entered into the void are visited with monsters for CC capabilities. So either Cataclysm or Banish, as long as they are in the void.

Would the void monsters be mutated and misshapen since they live in the void? 

Well, that's for DE to decide if they actually do it. Though it would be awesome if they were scary looking creatures.

1.2 Design :

A lot of players feel that the warframe just does not fit the seriousness of what a warframe represent, though respectfully we know that there are people that adore the look of limbo, that is fine in many levels because we all have different tastes in style. The only difference is, Warframes are supposed to represent something; a symbol of hope and the seriousness of warframe.

Yes I am aware of Mirage's look but at least with Mirage you can tell that she fits as a warframe due to the stylistic choices that DE has chosen for Mirage, giving either a jester type or a creepy looking warframe thanks to the helmets and customization of color choices they have given us. As for limbo, no matter what you do to the warframe you can tell that the warframe not a Warframe but just a character.

What I mean by "just a character", he looks like someone who portrays exactly like a 1980's stage magician, meaning, he is just wearing regular looking clothing with some lighting on him wearing a top hat, while a real warframe looks like an actual suit.

On a side note : I actually like how Limbo looks, I just don't agree him being a Warframe is all due to the look. Limbo kinda got that sloth face going, so adorable! <3

1.3 Solution upon Design :

Now I shall repeat, I am not here to say that it should be completely reworked and take out because there are people who absolutely adore the look (Like me), but what I and a majority of players think he needs is an alternate skin of the "original" Limbo. In other words give us a skin along with a helmet that fits the theme of Warframe. If Valkyr is going to have one then why not Limbo?

2.2 Mesa’s Design

Though I do not mind how she looks, I personally love her look, but the only thing that she has in common with Limbo is that, it does not fit the warframe theme. She is wearing clothing, something that really shouldn’t be a thing as a Warframe, it should be a suit, not clothing at all. It sort of breaks the whole theme of warframe.

I know the thread is mainly about the abilities of these Limbo and Mesa but since you also brought this up; do you think Vauban fits into the universe or is he also in need of some visual changes?

Edited by S1ckM3tal

I know the thread is mainly about the abilities of these Limbo and Mesa but since you also brought this up; do you think Vauban fits into the universe or is he also in need of some visual changes?

In all honesty, he is wearing a suit so that is really a "maybe." Though the only thing I would love them to change is to have those balls he throws to be unique. Like actual tech he throws instead of balls of different uses. :/ He's considered an "engineer" and throwing balls just doesn't seem original to me. That's my opinion of course.

so he would actually set up the machine? The animation could be a bit like when the grineer deploy their Blunts. 

Pretty much. Though I would keep the throwing animation instead of an animation of placing them down.

Edited by Fait

when they showed off mesa as a guy I was like yeah vash the stampede and thought the ult was gona be similar to valk ult but all I got was aimbot =( I do hope they revise this they could even make it have melee alt fire that uses a stance for gun kata =P perfect for the triple grakata melee we will be getting some day

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

Pretty much. Though I would keep the throwing animation instead of an animation of placing them down.

Perhaps they could make some sort of divice other than a ball, kinda like the castans for the 1st ability for exampel but obviously not the same.

Edit: Or they could make is sort of a effect when thrown.

The same balls are also used for the spawning of eximus units and the like.

Edited by S1ckM3tal

Does the appearance on warframes really matter? If it is so much of a problem we could always just wait around for a skin for them. Especially since DE upped their game with premium skins. The skins shown as in the last Devstream are all quite drastic from the orginal forms of the warframes, but all still capture the essence of each frame so you can still tell who it is suppose to be. I feel if you gave DE some time, there would be more "serious" appearances for Limbo and Mesa, while allowing the fans of the default to still have them.

As for the reworks, I really can't say much about it until I actually play it and get a feel of it from practice. To me, any idea can seem really good on paper but the real testament is how it performs on the field. 

I wholeheartedly agree with the Peacemaker changes. A more mobile, skill based ult would compliment Mesa's other abilities a lot better than they do now. If these changes do happen, will the energy consumption be like Excalibur's exalted blade, where there's a cost to cast it and a constant energy drain, or a cast cost with no energy drain, but each shot uses energy?

I also think it would be kinda cool if Mesa could "see" enemy positions while in Peacemaker (kinda like the codex scanner, but with visual differences). 

I never used Limbo before so I don't have a big opinion on him (apart from what I've read, heard and seen in-game) but I love the idea of rift monsters! The idea of wraith-like figures pinning enemies and attacking sounds amazing and can give Limbo some offensive options. If they want to throw some lore into it, perhaps the "creatures" could be what's left of those who didn't survive being twisted by the void? It'd be a stretch but hey, just a thought.

I would LOVE skins for Limbo and Mesa! I don't think they have any skins right now, so it's definitely welcome!

Have a good one Fait!

why not make a syndicat mod for limbo, where he/ anyone who s banished can pick up loot, i believe that would help and make things simpler rather than have many brains debate on how to change limbo s stuff

how about no? this would simply be a lazy solution, also taking away a vital mod slot. They should simply fold it into the ability itself.

In fact tbh I'm not a huge fan of the fact that augments are mods in the first place.

Hey fait, I love your work! I like your limbo idea and I agree about his design seeming a little um "out of place" but as a fellow mesa fan how can you say that about her design:((( lol. Change her jacket to blak and she feels like a cowboy bebop character or rock the all yellow with blak trimming, equip the dragon nikana with decisive judgement and your ready to Kill Bill!. I love the idea of being able to use her regulator pistols like excal's Evicerating, Holy Blade of Righteous Destiny. That.. would.. be.. the %$#. Ballyhoo.