Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Sniper:crossbow

noveltyhero

I am surprised that nobody thought about this before, but if it has been mentioned and put down sorry. My idea is for the devs to add in a crossbow, used for sniping. It will have innate armor piercing like the paris. Now you might wonder why not just get paris, well the crossbow will have a very fast travel time on the projectiles so that is one reason to pick it over. Accuracy increased and damage increased but reload speed quite high to keep it balanced. What do you guys think?

http://www.outdoorlife.com/files/imagecache/photo-single-upscale/photo/1001321579/crossbow2011_06.jpg

You can also have another type of crossbow, a short range one with 5 bolts, higher damage worse accuracy and lower travel time. 

http://behance.vo.llnwd.net/profiles3/208653/projects/5772041/hd_f36252822bc8c50e6a9310e610810703.jpg

As stated by 

IlIlllIO0pallaO0IlIlIlIl

These are the clearly-stated features of this weapon:

-Incredible bullet damage

-faster travel time

-Bolt damage AKA armour ignore

-Reliable unlimited piercing(Paris's multihit is a bit unreliable and funky since the arrow stops after the first target and the flying body deals the damage)

-uber slow reload speed.

Edited by noveltyhero

I would think higher projectile velocity would mean higher damage. Would make more sense to balance by making it have a long reload time/slow fire rate.

Ohh yes of course, sorry. Forgot to count in reload speed. Yes higher damage+high reload speed.

I hope it would actually feel like a cross bow-hated that in Skyrim.

Something like:

-faster travel time

-Reliable unlimited piercing(Paris's multihit is a bit unreliable and funky since the arrow stops after the first target and the flying body deals the damage)

-uber slow reload speed.

One shot death machine. Should be able to one shot lvl 40 Ancient lol.

I hope it would actually feel like a cross bow-hated that in Skyrim.

Something like:

-faster travel time

-uber slow reload speed.

One shot death machine. Should be able to one shot lvl 40 Ancient lol.

Yes that is exactly what I want :D

Hmm, it's a promising idea...but frankly I doubt they will anytime soon, given paris had a unique charm to it, that's not vanished with the new stalker weps. adding ANOTHER bow style wep...maybe not for a while :( 

(Although I still support it, just being realistic)

Hmm, it's a promising idea...but frankly I doubt they will anytime soon, given paris had a unique charm to it, that's not vanished with the new stalker weps. adding ANOTHER bow style wep...maybe not for a while :( 

(Although I still support it, just being realistic)

Yes I understand what DE is like. Especially now because at first they gave the community one impression and the past few updates they had a downfall. At first I thought, hate posts. But the game is becoming more and more based around platinum rather than in-game achievements. Thanks, I hope they see this! :D