Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition Announced

TheErebus.

That would be fantastic. However I'd say it would be extremely resource hungry since the WiiU is essentially an xbox 360.

Well, someone made a Wii emulator, and I managed to get the WiiMote working on my laptop to play Xenoblade Chronicles, so I was hoping for someone skilled enough to get a WiiU emulator working, and then I could try and connect the WiiU tablet to my laptop to play WiiU games.

Well, someone made a Wii emulator, and I managed to get the WiiMote working on my laptop to play Xenoblade Chronicles, so I was hoping for someone skilled enough to get a WiiU emulator working, and then I could try and connect the WiiU tablet to my laptop to play WiiU games.

Well a good emulator could just use a standard 360, Xbone or DS4 controller, since the Wii U "Pro controller" is supported. The main difference between a Wii and Wii U emulator are that the Wii was roughly PS2 hardware level, whereas the Wii U is roughly PS3 level, therefore it could require up to 6x the processing power to emulate.

Well a good emulator could just use a standard 360, Xbone or DS4 controller, since the Wii U "Pro controller" is supported. The main difference between a Wii and Wii U emulator are that the Wii was roughly PS2 hardware level, whereas the Wii U is roughly PS3 level, therefore it could require up to 6x the processing power to emulate.

I have a feeling it might work if the settings are lowered. Either that, or I go find a few spare, stronger processors and see if:  

A: I can rig it into my main computer. 

B: It can still play. 

If not, there is always a bit of trading to do. 

I have a feeling it might work if the settings are lowered. Either that, or I go find a few spare, stronger processors and see if:  

A: I can rig it into my main computer. 

B: It can still play. 

If not, there is always a bit of trading to do. 

Fair enough. My PC can run PS2 emulators fine (in terms of performance and framerate), however I do get emulator based crashes occasionally (assuming bits of the game the emulator doesn't know what to do with). I'd say current gen consoles would be pretty easy to emulate, since they are literally PC's with a custom OS.

Fair enough. My PC can run PS2 emulators fine (in terms of performance and framerate), however I do get emulator based crashes occasionally (assuming bits of the game the emulator doesn't know what to do with). I'd say current gen consoles would be pretty easy to emulate, since they are literally PC's with a custom OS.

I've ordered in parts to build a high end PC so that I can run some emulators. Because on my laptop...it's terribad.

Well, I did manage to get a Wii Emulator working on the 2006 Macbook, so there's that. 

Well yeah, but like I said, Wii and Wii U have significant differences in hardware and performance. I don't know how much power a Wii emulator takes to run, but my flatmate runs one on his smartphone.

Well yeah, but like I said, Wii and Wii U have significant differences in hardware and performance. I don't know how much power a Wii emulator takes to run, but my flatmate runs one on his smartphone.

Not that much. It only took up around 5% - 10% of CPU when at medium graphics settings on a 2006 Macbook, from Activity Monitor. 

Must've had similar hardware to a PC, the reason why most emulators are intsensive is due to having to emulate the custom hardware.

True, which is why with running emulators, I would just make better ventilation for the host computer involved (yes, I know ventilation and/or cooling is a must for using computers).