The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Drop Rate Is Killing Small Clans

MetaMortred

Unless you have a large clan or 3000 Plats lying around - there is no way a small clan can in anyway afford to build even a HALLWAY!! it simply is not possible. I'm in a good clan with a large number of members, but what about those small ones? how many years they have to wait until they can complete their first dojo? skipping the hallways altogether!

More members = more forma

With this system I can see small clans getting crushed and merged into big ones. Many of my friends that owned clans had to merge with big ones for "greater good" and "mutual benefits" well gee! I wonder what that is!

But you know what? they are right, after all! Clans in today's society is not governed by talent! but by money! However capitalism allows them to steal it from those less powerful that them! how about here? If you want realism then enable that in the game!

I just feel bad for players that cant afford to buy loads of Plats and are clan owners, what should they do?? runaround in the main hall?

Here's an idea: add resource scaling but reduce the added costs for every new member. For example:

1 member in clan - room costs 100 units of something

2 members - 200 units

3 members - 250 units

4 members - 275 units

That way smaller clans will be able to build their dojos, while larger clans will still benefit from recruiting new members.

EDIT: Of course this should also apply to forma.

Edited by borehk

Yea, I have a small clan with a few friends (3-4 people or so) and it's pretty brutal. I don't mind the larger clans having an advantage (they should!) but small clans / groups of friends should be a VIABLE way of playing the game.

+1. cause obviously, a 10 man clan will be able to build a dojo when some clans who have members in the hundereds have trouble with getting the mats. 

I like the idea of it taking a while. But this is insane. Scaling with number of people in clan is a must.

They should just remove the Forma requirements for the Dojo, that's pretty much the main issue here. Small clans can't get them normally and are usually forced into buying them. It's ridiculous.

If the Forma requirements are removed, definitely a lot less complaining about the Dojo issues (Forma is too rare for Dojo requirements for small clans, and bigger clans get too much of it because they usually get them every day and already have all the rooms finished and just either sells or uses them on their items [Frames and Weapons])

Part of a 5 man clan currently and we only have the Reactor finished with the Forma requirements but not the Mats because of a GrandMaster (A fellow clan member) spent 100plat to help with it, but he won't be able to help with all the rooms. Having all the rooms requiring 5 Forma (100 Plat), INCLUDING HALLWAYS/CROSS CONNECTORS, is just too much for small clans.

Either two methods, make the Forma requirements gone... or have the Forma easier to obtain.

Here's an idea: add resource scaling but reduce the added costs for every new member. For example:

1 member in clan - room costs 100 units of something

2 members - 200 units

3 members - 250 units

4 members - 275 units

That way smaller clans will be able to build their dojos, while larger clans will still benefit from recruiting new members.

EDIT: Of course this should also apply to forma.

Or the reverse : you have reasonable cost and time is of the essence. Then you can drop more mat/credits/forma to speed things up.

Small clan could afford to create a dojo, but it would take them a lot more time.

I put a lengthy post about it : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/51931-a-proposition-for-the-dojo-costs/

It gets rid of the forma problem without removing forma ! You would need a little forma to build things, and a lot more to get things faster. So even the devs would be pleased. Remember they earn money thanks to platinum.

Edited by vieuxchat

Or the reverse : you have reasonable cost and time is of the essence. Then you can drop more mat/credits/forma to speed things up.

Small clan could afford to create a dojo, but it would take them a lot more time.

I put a lengthy post about it : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/51931-a-proposition-for-the-dojo-costs/

It gets rid of the forma problem without removing forma ! You would need a little forma to build things, and a lot more to get things faster. So even the devs would be pleased. Remember they earn money thanks to platinum.

This sounds like a big improvement over the current implementation.

This sounds like a big improvement over the current implementation.

Don't hesitate to let your opinion on the aforementioned thread and let devs know what you think about it.

I'd like to know what people thinks of the time I proposed.

All Dojo buildings should be created on the cheap but limited use by # of people in clan. Kinda confusing to say it that way but it means that you'll get to build a Dojo meant for say a clan of 10 people. If you have more than that you'll have to pay more and upgrade it to be useful again. This stops the problem of people making a clan with only themselves, building a dojo for cheap then inviting 100 people to it.

All Dojo buildings should be created on the cheap but limited use by # of people in clan. Kinda confusing to say it that way but it means that you'll get to build a Dojo meant for say a clan of 10 people. If you have more than that you'll have to pay more and upgrade it to be useful again. This stops the problem of people making a clan with only themselves, building a dojo for cheap then inviting 100 people to it.

This is what I was thinking, they could have a "dojo blueprint" with which you choose the population limit.  Depending on the population you choose the resources scale accordingly.  But you are then set at that limit.

This is what I was thinking, they could have a "dojo blueprint" with which you choose the population limit.  Depending on the population you choose the resources scale accordingly.  But you are then set at that limit.

I still think that is a lot of work from the devs when a simpler solution (more time, lower price, ability to pay more to speed build : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/51931-a-proposition-for-the-dojo-costs/) is available.

Limiting the number of clan member will lead to some problems : a hard limit (you cant enter the clan) or a soft limit (a 10 members clan can shelter a 11th member but that one has some drawbacks, or the entire clan), what about people that come and get kicked ? You can't contribut with forma ? Gget out !

It's a lot of things the devs would have to think about.

What I propose wouldn't need such thinking : it's just the same way as today, but small clans can get their dojo. And it would put an incentive on people to buy some forma (as of now it puts incentive on buying LOTS of them)

My entire clan of 7 people (close friends irl) quit because they decided the grind wasn't worth it for dojo or dojo research weapons. No one in my clan has seen any forma and if we got it we would like to use it to upgrade our gear first which means dojo will essentially never be built being that we need 15+ Forma for all the weapons we want polarized and Forma drops are RNG which for me in every game I've ever played means never or damn near never. RNG is going to kill this game. Just make bosses and/or login/alerts grant tokens we can exchange for stuff in the market. At least then you can know when you are going to get stuff instead of farming a defense to wave 35 for a Marathon mod and wasting peoples time. People are probably more likely to buy something if they know how long it will take as opposed to "it could drop any minute I'll just wait". RNG on crucial items will kill this game and I don't want that. Mods and building resources are fine but potatoes, forma, and BP are a nightmare. Login rewards are entirely useless to me since they are random and not scaled well. At 7 days I don't care about ammo boxes or XP, especially when it gives it for things I've had at max level for months. Take away all this nonsense RNG. I just want my friends back =(