The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I Bought The Grakata...

Teilzeitgott

Question

Cheers fellow Tennos!

Not sure if this is the right forum, if not, pls move it :)

So, like i said, i bought the grakata, and im not sure what to think of it.
Yeah, its got a nice speed. But thats it. Firin like a bawz, runnin out of ammo like a bawz, not dealin any dmg like ..well...not like a bawz for sure.

What am i doin wrong? Still only got 8 slots, so i put +crit chance into it, planning on going: + crit chance, + crit dmg, +arpen, +ammo,  +split dmg (ain't got that one yet tho) once i unlocked enough slots.

But is this right? WILL it ever be a good weapon or should i stop wasting my time on leveling it up?

Thanks for your help!

16 answers to this question

just rank it to 30 for the mastery points if you don't find it to your tastes

I personally rock the loadout that you have just stated

'bezt gun pls trust meh' isn't very helpful.

The Grakata has the potential to do similar DPS to the Gorgon once fully modded and polarised. The high DPS doesn't change how the weapon handles, so if you dislike the recoil, accuracy, aesthetics or ammo consumption, the Grakata may not be for you.

In any case, here is what I recommend for DPS. Assume that all mods are maxed or near maxed.

Serration

Split Chamber

Point Strike

Vital Sense

Cryo Rounds

Hellfire

Stormbringer

This results in 2 damage mods, 2 critical mods, and 4 elemental mods, giving it the highest damage output it can possibly reach. If you don't have the Forma to fit all those mods in, then it remains underwhelming. The Grakata only begins to pull ahead of other guns when the Critical mods are fully implemented.

Edited by Tryysaeder

The Grakata is terrible and people saying it's good are probably lying to themselves

Fires 20 rounds with 9 base dmg each per second, that's 180 base DPS (207 with crits). Braton has 226 DPS. Let's not even consider the reloading time because you empty a Grakata's clip almost twice as fast, and it eats up your entire ammo twice as fast as well

The stagger and crit chances are nice, however, crits can be pretty unreliable and they probably can't make up for the hilariously bad ammo economy.

If you want a reliable DPS rifle, get a Boltor or Braton. And if you really want a lot of burst DPS, get Twin Vipers. They have twice as much DPS as the Grakata.

Agreed the grakata is bad. The 9 base damage doesn't scale very well with Serration nor any other elemental mods.

Twin Vipers are everything Grakata should have been.

This is the only gun i've ever completely regretted using a potato on, kept levelling it up thinking it HAS to get good at some point. At the end I had max crit chance/dmg, maxed out element damages, extra ammo and a high level serration. Sadly no Split chamber because RNG gods decide after 200 hours played I still can't find one. 

Finally at 30 it managed to do some decent damage, only on crits mind you. But it's ammo economy made even the Gorgon look great. Imo unless split chamber completely changes this gun it's just a handicap compared to others like the Gorgon or Braton.

I sold it to make room for the Latron and I'm enjoying that much more.

The Grakata is terrible and people saying it's good are probably lying to themselves

Fires 20 rounds with 9 base dmg each per second, that's 180 base DPS (207 with crits). Braton has 226 DPS. Let's not even consider the reloading time because you empty a Grakata's clip almost twice as fast, and it eats up your entire ammo twice as fast as well

The stagger and crit chances are nice, however, crits can be pretty unreliable and they probably can't make up for the hilariously bad ammo economy.

If you want a reliable DPS rifle, get a Boltor or Braton. And if you really want a lot of burst DPS, get Twin Vipers. They have twice as much DPS as the Grakata.

Yeah, the other day I was like, "this game is too hard! If this gun did just 40 more dps I would have been fine!" But that was a different game and this one is easy, so you might consider letting people use whatever they want without passing judgement. Grakata's only real weakness is ammo, everything else is much more reliant on the mods and the player.

Edited by happyfunba11

its good weapon when full moded (full crit chance -damage )  and its bad when u dont have serration -split chamber 

for people said its crap maybe they have point  compared to braton -boltor  its bad 

and the only disvantage in this weapon it eat tons of ammo ( its not wise using it for deff mission )

use it in other mission and its fun to use  due high fire rate :D

Edit :

P.S grakata max ammo can up to 670 without ammo drum you start with 540 but u can lot riffle ammo untill 670 idk if its bug or advantage 

Edited by RMaXiMoo

Maybe this graph will help (not to scale).  

300px-Exponential.svg.png

The difference between high-crit weapons (like the Grakata, Snipetron, etc.) and low-crit weapons (like the Braton and Gorgon) is that high-crit weapons have another set of mods that can offer a powerful multiplicative bonus.  To explain the graph:  

The red line is a weapon modded for straight damage bonuses.  Elemental mods and serration type mods add a straight amount to damage.  Most of us use this type of mod build until there is enough space for both damage and a respectable multishot mod.  

The blue line is how most of us mod low-crit weapons once we have enough mod space.  Multishot mods allow us to multiply all of the damage we stack on a weapon.  

The green line shows how high-crit weapon can be modded, if one is willing to invest a potato and possibly forma.  We take the total damage, multiply it by some multishot factor, and the multiply it again by some extra amount of crit damage.  

So while crit-based weapons can catch up to and possibly surpass low-crit weapons when fully charged (high level mods, potato, possibly forma), they lag in power at the beginning.  They can't be buffed to be competitive at low levels, because then their growth would render them overpowered once leveled.  

Edited by LazyTemplar

you forget the %15 crit chance...

wrong.. lol..

this    misinformed knowledge. ignore him.