Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe Market Is A Joke And Actively Discourages Impulse Purchases (Updated, Includes Solution To Installed Catalysts/weapon Slot On Weapons)

Didn't bother reading most of the OP.

If you look at other F2P games you'll notice stuff is overpriced everywhere. Some games even go into the thousands of euros for endgame legendary items. Nobody cares about the "average joe", nobody cares about the rich kids, nobody cares about the poor people. What they care about is profit and by adjusting the numbers they can maximise their profit. If profit maximisation means that the average joe and poor people can't afford items or that things like the skana are 150p then that is the way it is.

Except any of the F2P games worth your time and who actually do very well don't have these stupidly absurd prices, because, just as OP explained in detail, these ridiculous prices do the opposite of maximizing profit. Look at league or something. There are no qualms for most people when choosing to a skin or champ there. It's just 5-7 bucks for average skins and champs. You can do that on impulse. And there are still expensive things like the fairly luxurious skins that attract people with more money. I'd have to be incredibly well off AND incomprehensibly lazy/careless to buy a 22 dollar warframe when I can just gather the easy resources myself and just rush the build if I want.

Doesn't take half a brain to figure this out.

Edited by SolidSp33d

(PS4)Azmose the Warframe Market is not yet complete,body armament section as well as gender limitations show that.Warframe prices should have a limit of 400 platinum

A summary of how the Market should be

Original text posted

1.Warframe Gender change 100$

2.New Quest purchase 50$

3.Armor parts for two body regions 30$

4.Void imbued Warframe color set 30$

5.Prime Catalysts 30$

6.Garments such as Mantle/Mantle Prime,Hood/Hood Prime,Cape/Cape Prime etc 30$ and 50$ for normal and Prime respectively

7.Entrance for one month to the design council 200$ with two prime Warframes as a gift and one of the two to be Excalibur Prime Staler version

8.Huge Weapon series(two times like Galantine) 30$ per weapon

9.Sentinel upgrade to include Titan extractor properties 30$

10.Inventory Slots for Warframes 5 platinum each

11.Lore Mods.....   100$

Edited text posted

1.Warframe Gender change 100$ - the price is high due to the fact the DE team has not started examining thoroughly this subject

2.New Quest purchase 50$  - Void Quest/Lore Mission where many items not available in the normal game can be found(the price is set to help the game production )

3.Armor parts for two body regions 30$ - The price is set that high so as to help the game on the section of design cost as well as form the market from beta to final version

5.Prime Catalysts 30$ - twice the points offered,it should not be easily accesed that's why price is high

6.Garments such as Mantle/Mantle Prime,Hood/Hood Prime,Cape/Cape Prime etc 30$ and 50$ for normal and Prime respectively

7.Entrance for one month to the design council 200$ with two prime Warframes as a gift and one of the two to be Excalibur Prime Staler version

10.Inventory Slots for Warframes,Weapons and Sentinels  5 platinum each

11.Lore Mods.....   100$

The prices are under debate by you

Edited by VoidGhost

1.Warframe Gender change 100$

2.New Quest purchase 50$

3.Armor parts for two body regions 30$

5.Prime Catalysts 30$

10.Inventory Slots for Warframes 5 platinum each

11.Lore Mods.....   100$

I'm assuming you're not talking about actual $....

If you are, I can't help but wonder if you pay rent or any sort of bill- not to come off rude or anything, I'm just legitimately curious on who DE would be targeting with those kind of prices.

Not me, I'll tell you that. Landscaping in Wisconsin is seasonal to the extreme. In Winter, you make almost nothing and what little I do make (from snow shoveling) goes straight into rent. If DE wants people to support them and basically spend more money, RAISING the prices will do more harm than good. Lower them, and more people will be enticed to purchase.

Edited by Cepmosod

(PS4)Azmose the Warframe Market is not yet complete,body armament section as well as gender limitations show that. (No pls) Warframe prices should have a limit of 400 platinum

A summary of how the Market should be

1.Warframe Gender change 100$ Never happening. Outrageous price.

2.New Quest purchase 50$ Lol wat

3.Armor parts for two body regions 30$ pls

4.Void imbued Warframe color set 30$ pls x2

5.Prime Catalysts 30$ what is this even?

6.Garments such as Mantle/Mantle Prime,Hood/Hood Prime,Cape/Cape Prime etc 30$ and 50$ for normal and Prime respectively syandana's don't even cost that much

7.Entrance for one month to the design council 200$ with two prime Warframes as a gift and one of the two to be Excalibur Prime Staler version troll confirmed

8.Huge Weapon series(two times like Galantine) 30$ per weapon my sides

9.Sentinel upgrade to include Titan extractor properties 30$ you've elevated your game

10.Inventory Slots for Warframes 5 platinum each go on

11.Lore Mods.....   100$ This is next gen

plat/10

Nariala good question,a complete in structure Market as a meaning refers to covering all needs by price.In case I am miscalculating allow me to apologise yet I am more than certain that many players seek items and respective to them upgrades that have not yet apeared

Cepmosod I completely understand what you say these prices are based on the beta test period and correspond to the option of finding the most of the mentioned in the game

SolidSp33d indeed the prices are high,they are ment that way in order for the market to take form from the beta  to the final game version Edited by VoidGhost

Nariala good question,a complete in structure Market as a meaning refers to covering all needs by price.In case I am miscalculating allow me to apologise yet I am more than certain that many players seek items and respective to them upgrades that have not yet apeared

Cepmosod I completely understand what you say these prices are based on the beta test period and correspond to the option of finding the most of the mentioned in the game

SolidSp33d indeed the prices are high,they are ment that way in order for the market to take form from the beta  to the final game version

The game is in a "rolling release" state. I more than anyone try to beat it into people's heads that the game is obviously in its beta stage, but DE is still in a situation that they have to treat their market seriously. Even then, prices for things are often far lower in early stages because they want to actually make cash to help them along. Stupidly high prices for individual things do not do. People don't want to get robbed when they try to support a game. Prices like that are extremely counterproductive.

Edited by SolidSp33d

SolidSp33d indeed the prices are high,they are ment that way in order for the market to take form from the beta  to the final game version

If the prices are that high, nobody will buy anything. The game will quickly die.

That's the entire point of this thread, which you seem to have missed.

Edited by SortaRandom

Can we create a price list for the critical to us items in the game ?

Catalysts --> ...  plat

Inventory Slots --> .... plat

Warrame/Weapon/Sentinel Mods---> ... plat

Potatoes are more or less fine at their current price.

Inventory slots could be a less awkward 10p instead of 12p for weapons if they had to stay near their current place. But I'd prefer them to be about 5p for weapon slots and 10p for warframe slots. A weapon slot would also come with every mastery level. A warframe slot with every 3rd master level.

Mods? If you meant those mod packs, I'm not sure what the prices of those are atm. They should probably cost just enough to be worth the purchase but not have everyone spam the bloody things and not farm. That depends on the mod pack of course. Probably ranging from 10p-20p-30p. idk

SortaRandom I wanted to give my opinion about the curent Market form so as to enrichen the discussion,you are correct about the danger of derailing and I am sorry for that

SolidSp33d yep corrected that thanks for the notice.I can buy mod packs due to high price and the random occurence of mod to be bought/you cannot choose which mod you buy Edited by VoidGhost

Once the prices get lowered.... people will start complaining of the already discounted items....

"WTF, 25 PLATNUM FOR DIS VIPAR? NO DIS IS A SHIET WEPON. I COULD BUY ANOTER ONE FOR CHEAPER AND BETTAR"

~Someone who is new to warframe and is willing to put 50$ on it 

With the founders package or even prime access, $50 got you multiple things and the satisfaction of supporting DE. Win-win.

$100 to put a single knob on nyx or saryn is definitely over the top.

At least give me three.

Edited by Cepmosod

20 bucks for a new character is a bit out there to be honest. I would spend 20 bucks on this game in a heartbeat if i got more than just a new character.

maybe if it was like a pack i wouldn't mind ... spend 20 bucks get the potato (which you do) weapon of your choice, and some cosmetic stuff of your choice.

Personally, I'd love to see the prices in the Store lowered (although there's nothing I actually NEED from there anymore), however, the current prices didn't stop me from throwing money at DE for a couple Frames.  This was before I realized you could farm Frames from bosses, but regardless, if DE is making money as it is (making enough money to support their employees and building and servers, etc. etc. with some to spare) they simply AREN'T going to change it.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Has anyone from DE replied this topic?

it's hard for me to believe that they haven't read this, since there is a lot of activity in this topic...

They had to have read it several times now.

I'd assume they will approach this topic at a later date. They'd probably rather not mess with the market juuust yet, because while the game is still in heavy development they don't want to screw up whatever income predictions they have. Once they do (and if they do, hopefully) decide to experiment with the change, they will probably do it slowly. Just like with trading. 

Is it a "later date" yet? 10 months and 1,200 upvotes isn't "later" enough?

It's still in beta, so....nope not later enough lol.

I doubt the store will change much. Of course people will keep asking for the prices to be cheaper, that's just a given. If DE feels they are making enough money on it so far, they won't bother to change it. If no one bought anything, then they would likely redesign the game store. As for the weapons and warframes, maybe they price it high because it's easy to farm them and build them, and DE would prefer you played the game - farming and building them. I don't know, and I doubt they will ever tell us lol.

• 4 weeks later...