Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Hecate, The Witch

(PSN)Cerata_

(9/3/15: Adjusted  Passive, Mis/fortune and Uncanny Rite and Aura Polarity)

EdiYeY2.png

"This is Hecate, Manipulator of the divine. Hecate Specializes in causing violent misfortune for her enemies, while being a boon to her allies."

Name: In Greek Mythology, Hecate was considered to be the goddess of witchcraft...and a number of other strange things.

Role: Squad Buff/Debuff Frame, With interesting stealth possibilities with her first skill.

Appearance: Something indicative of her dark-magic theme without being as on-the-nose as limbo. I was actually partially inspired by the look of Meryl Streep's witch from Into the woods, specifically the texture and her shoulder designs.

kwEBtbg.png 

If anyone is moved to doodle something, feel free, I'd certainly appreciate it. 

Stats:

HEALTH: 100 (300 max)

POWER: 150 (225 max)

SHIELD CAPACITY: 75 (2255 max)

ARMOR: 100

SPRINT SPEED: 1.2

POLARITIES: 1 V, 1 -

AURA POLARITY: --

Passive: Occult Absorption 

Upon inflicting any status proc, Hecate gains a 1.5 health regeneration rate for the duration of the proc. Effect does not stack with multiple procs. Effect corresponds to the most recently inflicted proc.

Abilities:

1. Possession. 25 Energy

Hecate teleports into a hostile unit, taking control for X/X/X duration. Enemy armor will be completely stripped. Enemy weapons will gain the benefits of your mos, according to weapon type. Does not raise alarm. Upon either the duration running out, or recasting the ability without a target, Hecate will remove herself from her host, leaving them confused for a few moments. If the enemy is not alerted after Hecate dismounts, they will simply go about their business, retaining the armor debuff.

Hecate can also switch from one host to another seamlessly if Possession is cast again at a target.

If Hecate engages a hostile while possessing one of it's peers, the host  body will gain large amounts of aggro. If Hecate is still within the body when it dies, she will suffer the total damage done to the host. If she escapes in time, she will remain unscathed, and the victim will continue to draw aggro until dead.

Effected by Range, Duration and Efficiency

2. Dispel. 50 Energy

Hecate casts a radial wave with a range of X/X/X meters that briefly staggers hostiles before blocking the special abilities of enemies (Radial stomps/blasts,swarm clouds, Pulls, etc..) for X/X/X duration. Recastable. Allies in range will be cleansed of all currents procs and given status immunity for the duration of the skill. 

Effected by Rage Duration and Efficiency

3. Mis/fortune. 30 Energy cast + 5/s

Hecate summons an Aura around herself that effects enemies differently depending on how close they are to her. There are three zones of effect:

Long range: Enemies suffer an accuracy debuff

Medium range: Enemy weapons have a high chance to jam, stunning them into the unjamming animation.

Close Range: Enemy weapons have a high chance of exploding, dealing moderate Blast damage and disarming them. 

Chance % increases with level.

In addition, allies receive a boost to critical chance depending of their distance from Hecate:

Long range: +25% crit chance At max

Medium Range: +50% crit chance at max

Close range: +75% crit chance at max

Effected by Range  and Efficiency. Blast Damage and crit bonus effected by Strength Mods.

4. Uncanny Rite. 100 Energy

Hecate claims the area around her for

X/X/X duration, summoning ancient tennobet characters that flicker and glow on the ground within the perimeter of the ability. Enemies within the event have a 25%/50%/75% chance to suffer a random status proc every 5/3/2 seconds. Enemies will also suffer a stacking armor debuff, losing 10%/15%/20%  of their armor every 5/3/2 seconds.

Allies in range gain innate lifesteal and have receive a 11%/15%/20% Armor bonus every 5/3/2 seconds that they are within Rite's effect, capping out at a 100% Armour bonus. 

Hecate's other abilities also receive bonuses if cast within Uncanny Rite.

--Possession: Casting speed is increased. Host explodes upon death, proccing viral on all enemies within range.

--Dispel: instantly triggers random proc on all enemies within range.

--Mis/fortune: Allows friendly fire for enemies effected for the duration of the ability. Enemies are also stripped of their special abilities permanently.

Effected by Range, Duration, Efficiency, with % values effected by Strength.  

(Thanks for looking at my lil' idea! Obviously it's still WIP. Comments and criticism always welcome.)

Edited by (PS4)spider59234

The concept is not bad, though, the 1 could be an update to Nyx's Mind Control instead and the 3 might render Radial Disarm irrelevant.

I'd think not, with it only being a chance, and a toggle.  Consider the jam/explode chance of it be affected by power strength as well.  Also on the 3, if it were crit chance and status chance that are buffed it'd fit the luck/fortune theme a bit more than a flat damage boost, also synergize with the proc thing.

Also, passive could work if it were any status inflicted, as most of the ancient equivalents of those status effects were attributed to magic or magical mischief.

Good concept overall, can't wait to see how it develops.

The concept is not bad, though, the 1 could be an update to Nyx's Mind Control instead and the 3 might render Radial Disarm irrelevant.

I sort of like mind control's concept as is, I think a simple buff to AI aggressiveness would be enough.

I'd think not, with it only being a chance, and a toggle.  Consider the jam/explode chance of it be affected by power strength as well.  Also on the 3, if it were crit chance and status chance that are buffed it'd fit the luck/fortune theme a bit more than a flat damage boost, also synergize with the proc thing.

Also, passive could work if it were any status inflicted, as most of the ancient equivalents of those status effects were attributed to magic or magical mischief.

Good concept overall, can't wait to see how it develops.

Agreed on all fronts and edited accordingly.

Keep in mind that Radial Disarm's disarm effect will always have a much larger range than Hecate's and it is applied instantly across all enemies in that range. For Hecate, It's more about keeping enemies (bombards...) from getting to close with high damage weapons.

Seems really neat, but just a tad underpowered, imo. I just feel like the Ulti could use a bit more to it.

Agreed, I thought I'd start with a low base and work up according to feedback. I added more functionality to Uncanny Rite, tell me what you think.

Thanks for the feedback all, it has proven to be very helpful.