The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For Making Nullifiers A Field Boss Instead Of A Normal Unit

SullyTheStalker

I've made this suggestion in the past while focusing more on why Nullifiers fit the field boss bill.  This time, I going to discuss how this idea could be executed.

Nullifiers as they are now are more of a pest that has a high capability of interrupting the fast-paced action typical of warframe.  This is all well and good for field bosses, not normal units.  So if the change is made and Nullies become the corpus equivalent of manics, their current basic mechanics would be suitable, and only a few buffs here and there to non-bubble durability would have to be made to bring it up to snuff.

Here's how it could play out in a mission:

The alarms for the entire ship/base go off, alerting the corpus to your presence.  After you continue wreaking havoc for a minute or two, a different alarm goes off.

"BEEE-OooooooowwWWEEEEE~~~!"

"High void energy concentration detected throughout the premises.  All staff take necessary precautions; Tenno-Nullifier unit deploying."

Various Corpus units start backing off, and the Nullifier comes out to fight.

Any other ideas?

- Sully The Stalker

Edited by SullyTheStalker

This sounds awesome, if you ask me, I'll say unlike manics which are super fast, nullifiers should be like some kind of super badass heavy unit, something that even us, tennos, would fear, not like those pathetic heavies that this game have, you know, some kind of corpus rambo

Buff the current Nulifier's stats a bit, give it an Opticor instead of a Lanka, and make it as big as a tech. Finish 'er off by making them spawn like manics and at the end of high defense waves-- blammo son. +1

If people are so hard pressed to keep normal nullifiers around... for whatever reason... just make them spawn with smaller bubbles while being exactly the same as they are currently