Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ashs Bladestorm Devstream 60 (Thank You Scott)

xLordKogax

First off all I want to Thank Scott, and Rebecca.

Devstream 60 it proves that they hear us even though they havent acknowledged any particular person and told us 

"Hey we like your idea and we may observe it and it will be subject to change"

Im fine with that

This isnt about whose idea gets implemented here because Im sure this whole community has great concepts that i have been inspired from aswell and this thread has flourished.

I wanna get to the point but first I need to reiterate Devstream 60 and Scotts statement.

"Ashs Bladestorm can potentially be switched to this type of casting ability"

Rebecca the says after Geoff acknowledges the fact that he reads the threads.

EXALTED BLADE

The idea should be the same in a sense as Hysteria,Exalted Blade, and Peacemaker aswell will get these Retro active ability reworks.

My idea.

BLADESTORM

*Casting Bladestorm Ash becomes INVISIBLE dispersing a smoke bomb, Ash gains movement speed and parkour enhancement with a smokey trail.

*While not attacking Ash is INVISIBLE but may take damage.

*Attacks reveal Ash/Clones from INVISIBILITY.

*Attacks render Ash VISIBLE to enemies and Ash/Clones are rendered INVINCIBLE in animation while releasing choke clouds

*When Ash attacks and is revealed his invisibility goes away and releases a Burst of smoke like smokescreen that  chokes enemies in a Range (Depending on range mods) within a cone from the targeted enemies

*This will work like before enemies Marked glow Red and are choked by smoke.

*Ash attacks one enemy with his Clones and is chained like Exalted Blade/Hysteria

*Casting Shuriken Ash/Clones throw 2 shuriken each being 6 and Your damage scales like Exalted blade off Melee mods since Bladestorm is Melee. costs same energy

Clones disappear when not attacking and Ash goes invisible

I think Bladestorms Hidden Blades should be changed in order to make this look nicer and emphasize on the Ideas damage type (Finisher/Slash)

The camera is the same and the attacks are fast similar to this video.

Enemies that die are severed as a result of Bladestorm because (Finisher/Slash)

Range determines the choke cloud that disperses when Ash attacks

Enemies caught in range opens them to finishers and allies aswell.

Smoke screen is castable and has a duration of 8 secs (Duration mods dont apply) costs same energy.

Spin attacks in Bladestorm execute a special Omnislash animation with 3 clones+ Ash (Subject to change)

Teleport casted in Bladestorm is free-aimed and short ranged with same energy cost and disperses small choke cloud

This ability is a drain and has a Toggle like Hysteria and Exalted Blade.

I say it should also have a Stance Like EB but w.e Dev thinks is fine. each strike shouled emphasize a Slash effect like the slash Gif here and EB's Blade waves kinda but on the enemies Ash/Clones Strike simultaneously.

I dont need to talk much since im sure DE get the idea but I wanted to speak My vision of Bladestorm and let the Videos and Gifs speak more since video referencing is more easier to visualize. I have faith that DE will make a Great decision with Ashs Bladestorm and I want to Motivate them and My fellow members of all Platforms in this Community to read and share your ideas with this on coming Rework.

As they said not only Ashs Bladestorm but Hysteria and Peacemaker are getting this more interactive style of casting ability. Im very excited and proud that they hear our voices and I want to that You Geoff and all of DE for  hearing us and making this a Great game. I hope you enjoyed My ideas. :) 

ClbhZ7.gif

31221012.effect.gif

Watch video in 50 seconds Yoshimitsu does a BS 

New concept for Ash ability inspiration 34 seconds in his Ulti looks like a good Bladestorm

New Video Concept for BS

Bladestorm is his Ultimate and should feel Ultimate, not just a Panic button.

I hope You all appreciate My hard research and time spent gathering these concepts and influences from Games like Shinobi Ninja Gaiden Hiryu Strider gave me this vision League of Legends Champions Zed and Master Yi

Thank You Zounderth, Fulcrvm, and my buddy (PS4) GR13V4NC3, and Crackbeard for the advice and ideas

I also wanna thank DragonBlack175 for his support and concepts check his thread and show some love, we wouldnt make this possible without each other. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/525900-the-aspect-of-smoke-full-ash-rework-suggestion/page-3#entry5938777

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/541756-ashbladestorm-toggle-drain-mode/

Hope yall like 

xKogax

Edited by xLordKogax

OMG Thank you! Ash is my favorite frame, and this sounds like the best idea for him to date! Please let Ash get the loving he deserves!

All this hard work and conjuring up concepts and I only recieved one comment? o_0

This community clearly doesnt give a crap about Ash I see =/

That or do My ideas suck that bad? xP

Great ideas man! i had the same idea for the Shuriken Burst concept, nice to see you have a ref picture for that too. 

can i add something? i was thinking with the new Parkour, Ash could benefit from his teleport ability where, hes able to aim at walls then teleport and auto wall latch on that wall XD. maybe i've said this before lol i can't remember.

I really think Steve should see this, i mean he is an Ash fan himself. It prooves that theres still a lot of creative stuff you can still do with Ash ;)

I think Synergy abilites should have been THE recurring concept for all warframes, i'm surprised that DE is kinda stumbled upon it with Excalibur's rework. Now don't just stop there with Synergy with the 4 warframe abilities. How about Synergy BETWEEN WARFRAME abilities? it is a Co op game right? XD 

NINJA MASTER RACE!

Bad ! concept and the synergy is amazing I want the smoke cloud to spread :D

A cool augment for the smoke in his 2nd ability could make them choke or something

Actually the Choke Cloud is the idea it should automatically do, like a Passive effect all the clouds spoken about above is intended to stun/choke and open up Finisher kills

Smoke Shadow is suppose to Benefit from these live Clouds Granting allies entry to Smoke Shadow makes the augment alot more useful instead of DE having to trash this mod lets make it useful in Coop right?

If Ash isnt a CC based Frame then why did DE give him a Coop Augment for?

Lets make this synergy happen, its not hard to implement

Edited by xLordKogax

I wont fully agree with your ideas, that much off smokeclouds is a bit overkill in regard to turn him from dps into cc. My idea for his shuriken would be let them be like they are (damagd mods would be nice, what u metioned though) but giving it also a charge mechanic which result into one big shuriken (like the ones by naruto, u know?) which will punchtrough and do more damage (maybe the more enemies it hits?), but will no longer have auto-aim, instaed a bigger hitbox.

The second and third ability changes you mentioned are fine.

In my opinion his bladestormdamage is truly high enough, but i agree, its boring.

My idea for this would be to turn bladestorm from onecast ability to a recastability while performing. Meaning that you no longer have to aim exactly on a target, instead ash strikes all enemies in a cone afront from him, after that combo ash shrouds again and turns into pure smoke until you aim again and recast it, bladestorm will have then a duration, the faster u aim the more u can kill (maybe also the faster u aim the shorter will be the animation). Should be bit like excaliburs slash dash....but faster and better working.....also it would be cool if ash can execute two targets at the same time when they stand close to eachother.

Wow!

I cant believe I read thru all that without falling asleep 0_0

Koga you are seriously one of the few people I see takes Ash seriously.

I dont really play Ash but he is abit clunky for a Ninja, Ninjas should be Stealthy, Lethal, and most importantly Fast!

You generated all his abilities and fused Your concepts and honestly if read correctly You describe specifically and in detail how Ash should function with a Perfect Rework as Excalibro *My personal Fav*

The choke clouds tho +1

Fantastic

I wont fully agree with your ideas, that much off smokeclouds is a bit overkill in regard to turn him from dps into cc. My idea for his shuriken would be let them be like they are (damagd mods would be nice, what u metioned though) but giving it also a charge mechanic which result into one big shuriken (like the ones by naruto, u know?) which will punchtrough and do more damage (maybe the more enemies it hits?), but will no longer have auto-aim, instaed a bigger hitbox.

The second and third ability changes you mentioned are fine.

In my opinion his bladestormdamage is truly high enough, but i agree, its boring.

My idea for this would be to turn bladestorm from onecast ability to a recastability while performing. Meaning that you no longer have to aim exactly on a target, instead ash strikes all enemies in a cone afront from him, after that combo ash shrouds again and turns into pure smoke until you aim again and recast it, bladestorm will have then a duration, the faster u aim the more u can kill (maybe also the faster u aim the shorter will be the animation). Should be bit like excaliburs slash dash....but faster and better working.....also it would be cool if ash can execute two targets at the same time when they stand close to eachother.

Charged ability for Shuriken was my 1st concept soo i created another logic

Channeled Shuriken causes a Shuriken Burst of 6/9/12 shuriken within a 5/10/15 meter radius max and deals half the damage a regular Shuriken deals for balance since the idea is that Shuriken Burst acts as a Stun mechanic for Finisher damage.

I respect the fact you have your opinions and view regarding Ash and his style, but I play Ash soo much I feel I am becoming a Master Ash.

His whole kit revolves around Finisher/Slash/Stealth soo i wanted to Emphasize alot more on that but granting allies to share his lethality in the form of Finisher Crowd Control spread throughout his whole Kit.

*Shuriken Stunning enemies

*Smoke Screen Choking enemies

*Teleport cloud chokes enemy

*Bladestorm Marked enemies are choked aswell as a result of Ash/Clones dispersing choke clouds.

Note: I have heard Ash has CC in the forms of Smoke screen (A cheap CC) and Bladestorm (Enemies being attacked is CC?) 

Implementing a better crowd control that focuses on Ashs playstyle Archtype would compliment and benefit him in Cooperative plays

I dont think DE want there only NINJA to be considered a Mastery fodder obsolete Solo player Frame.

This isnt Tenchu, Metal Gear Solid, or Splinter Cell

This is an Online game and although we may choose to solo play or coop this games more about teamplay which brings Me to provide Ash with the much needed Love for his Allies.

Thank You for your ideas tho.

I hope i was able to some what clarify my concept some what better

I would agree, your ideas are pretty cool, but givving all of his ability a cc effect is a bit much in my eyes, because ash is one of these nukes in this game, with low cc but high damage. I also having fun playing ash and he really need some fixes in terms of how he works, but i repeat my self, he is one of these nukes.

I really dont want to say that all ur work u have put into this resulted into something stupid, truly it isnt, but in my eyes its too much ;)

*shuriken - damage

*smoke screen - cc

*teleport - cc

*bladestorm - high damage and enemies are cced while attacked

That would be enough cc for a nuke though, just my opinion.

Remember Ash maybe a Nuke but still falls short when Bladestorming you can Fail a Mission even if You are still alive and killing the Cryopod will be destroyed and Your allies can go down.

Bladestorms choke clouds provides Real Crowd Control to all Marked enemies 

Teleport grants a better stun when teleporting instead of enemies escaping you

Smoke screen provides real CC instead of a small stagger and makes Smoke Shadow actually a better Functional augment

Shuriken provides something more then 2 petty blades that deal low dmg at higher lvls and granting a stun

Synergy is best implemented with the Frames Archtype

Stealth/Slash/Finisher Damage s what I consider Ash and what people claim he has CC, this is a Mediocre CC and doesnt actually provide a Real Crowd Control Mechanic

I agree with everything in this post except probably the smoke bomb timer increase because I really believe long stealth is Loki's cup of tea however a 2 seconds or 5 seconds buff to each won't be so bad. Ash abilities could take on the elemental damage done from the new parkour elemental mods since there are four for each element at the time. The teleport should be turned into more of a dash.......................................this rework will make ash more of a team player also................because am sure a ton of people are tired loosing a mission or a team mate because they couldn't quit the bladestorm.   

I agree with everything in this post except probably the smoke bomb timer increase because I really believe long stealth is Loki's cup of tea however a 2 seconds or 5 seconds buff to each won't be so bad. Ash abilities could take on the elemental damage done from the new parkour elemental mods since there are four for each element at the time. The teleport should be turned into more of a dash.......................................this rework will make ash more of a team player also................because am sure a ton of people are tired loosing a mission or a team mate because they couldn't quit the bladestorm.   

I meant that Shuriken and Bladestorm should benefit from Elemental Melee/Secondary damage mods not Parkour mods xP

This way Shuriken still does a good amount of damage even in higher levels.

Damage im not soo worried about since Ash does enough i am relying more on Ash sharing the damage with allies and contribute in coop play.

I know some folks will claim Ash shouldnt recieve CC but a Ninja should be capable of trapping its targets.

Ninjas are capable of many things and in this circumstance Ash is offering Finishers to allies throughout his whole kit

Had to up vote your ideas! I agree Ash doesn't need a rework. He just needs some tweaks. Ash was my first and most used warframe. I agree with all your ideas. Also give him some sort of passive like excalibur or mesa.

Edited by Zephryss

Had to up vote your ideas! I agree Ash doesn't need a rework. He just needs some tweaks. Ash was my first and most used warframe. I agree with all your ideas. Also give him some sort of passive like excalibur or mesa.

Glad you appreciate my concept

Its not easy convincing people to see your ideas worth being implemented you know.

I see the threads recieved more views and less comments.

People must not care about Ash or rather see him ruined I guess

BTW his passives basically the Choke Cloud right? or maybe thats the function it should have been doing from the start?

I sorta consider the Choke clouds spread throughout Smoke Screen Teleport and Bladestorm Compliment his Archtype and provide End Game mechanic (Crowd Control)

Edited by xLordKogax

Thing is people just gave up because ash has 0 synergy in team and literally no utility. So, people don't even bother playing him. He was very popular once. Right now in warframe, utility is greater than damage. Ash really needs the tweaks you mentioned. Do correct me if I am wrong.
Edited by Zephryss

Thing is people just gave up because ash has 0 synergy in team and literally no utility. So, people don't even bother playing him. He was very popular once. Right now in warframe, utility is greater than damage. Ash really needs the tweaks you mentioned. Do correct me if I am wrong.

No actually correct Me if I am wrong cuz some folks dont quiet agree with my concept.

Some say he doesnt need CC hes a Damage Dealer. Some say He doesnt need a rework, then make a thread or comment on other Ash rework threads that arent really fine tuned or brainstormed like mines.

Theres gotta be something My ideas missing that people are ignoring it

Thank You for your support tho

I appreciate it 

Your concept in my eyes is actually awesome, I agree like some people here, damage is all good but this game has so many damn enemies in one room you have to just hit 4. It tends to become boring and monotomous, having this rework, probably even with your concept , would be so delightful.

Ash deserves it, he was so highly anticipated for Prime Access, so wy not for the rework, people should know that he is fully capable. What i feel Ash is missing is not only synergy but a theme. Ninja is a theme, but in the warframe universe? it almost makes no sense

Just some ninja in a suit.

Having an actual theme, would make DE realise his potential

Plus i had to point out, below:

This is acyually pretty decent!

And Great work on the Concepts you made, and all the references, Thumbs up from me!

The only thing that needs a rework is the crotch shot in Bladestorm animation before he lovingly wraps his legs around the enemy's neck.

That's like if Saryn did something similar but smothered her enemy's face in her bosom before killing them.

I might be joking, I'm not sure.  I might also be implying Ash is homoerotic but again I'm not sure.

Sorry for derailing, carry on.

Your concept in my eyes is actually awesome, I agree like some people here, damage is all good but this game has so many damn enemies in one room you have to just hit 4. It tends to become boring and monotomous, having this rework, probably even with your concept , would be so delightful.

Ash deserves it, he was so highly anticipated for Prime Access, so wy not for the rework, people should know that he is fully capable. What i feel Ash is missing is not only synergy but a theme. Ninja is a theme, but in the warframe universe? it almost makes no sense

Just some ninja in a suit.

Having an actual theme, would make DE realise his potential

Plus i had to point out, below:

This is acyually pretty decent!

And Great work on the Concepts you made, and all the references, Thumbs up from me!

I Master Ash, I wouldn't just make a Thread about him not Mastering and Knowing his Function and seeing what he is Missing, Thank You soo much for liking and understanding My concept.

I have a Great Theme for Ash, well he already has it.

STEALTH/SLASH/FINISHER Damage Warframe! xD

Some of the best ideas for Ash I have seen.  +1

This is because xLordKogax actually uses Ash!

(unlike the dozens of dreadful 'fix ash' posts we have seen lately that have unfortunately drowned out good ideas like this one)

Keep up the positivity!

ASH2ASH.

Yes there's a few out there I read all the threads and try to show everyone love.

Some people don't know how to reciprocate it back and this is why Ash is falling behind and at the moment will not progress because the majority of the community Hates him and the few who love him are a tough crowd with there own opinions and views on how to utilize him.

But just Try to take 5 minutes out of Your busy Time folks and Read My thread thoroughly.

Dont skim thru it and say "Baaah make Ash OP thread, Disapprove"

This type of mentality causes friction with tthe Warframe and Thread  along with the Community.

Im all for Good ideas and the communities response.

After all we are here to have fun and enjoy our favorite Warframes.

I approve of ALL Warframes being Carefully Reworked and made Excellent.

No Warframe should be a Knock off of another.

Ash having less duration then Loki?

Fine, give him more Utility!

His original Name was going to be Smoke.

Let that Smoke assist him in forms of Utility/CC/Finisher

Share his Powers with his Team.

He shouldn't be solely Focused on Solo.

This isnt Tenchu, Metall gear or Splinter Cell.

We play in Teams all the Time and he needs to be able to Assist in Combat

Shuriken provides CC

Smoke Screen provides CC

Teleport provides a small CC

Bladestorm provides Ultimate CC

Whats not to Like?

Im curious about that u are calling urself a "master" ash...does this have any deeper sense?

Well but anyway, DE only would even think about concepts that arent broken or even a bit too op. Giving ash 4 abilitys each with CC is kinda more or even some CC-based frames have and dont forget he will keep doing good damage. I dont want to say that ur ideas are bad, they are quite nice and giving ash the aspect he really needs, everyone would have fun playin ur concept, because its so strong and thats the reason why i dont think that DE would do it exactly that way u have recommended.

Im curious about that u are calling urself a "master" ash...does this have any deeper sense?

Well but anyway, DE only would even think about concepts that arent broken or even a bit too op. Giving ash 4 abilitys each with CC is kinda more or even some CC-based frames have and dont forget he will keep doing good damage. I dont want to say that ur ideas are bad, they are quite nice and giving ash the aspect he really needs, everyone would have fun playin ur concept, because its so strong and thats the reason why i dont think that DE would do it exactly that way u have recommended.

What I mean by Ash Master I mean by I have him Mastered in 3 Different Playstyles for the 3 different Loadouts DE has Provided Me.

I have Illustrated a Discipline and Implemented Elemental Parkour Mods and a Style that Signifies My Arts.

I call it.

Tenno Art: School of Fire Walker

11990836_976861019027112_1841920900_o.jp

12001801_976861395693741_1640342905_o.jp

Tenno Art: School of Toxic Flight

11993094_976862572360290_587134366_o.jpg

11993932_976863582360189_546794975_o.jpg

Tenno Art: School of Lightning Dash

11995453_976863939026820_22938425_o.jpg?

11990253_976864102360137_961868583_o.jpg

Each Tenno Art has a Play style and build that compliment the respective Elemental Parkour 2.0 mod of My liking.

I left out Ice Spring but I worked with What DE has given Me which is 3 Warframe build load outs and 3 Warframe Color load outs which disappoint me cuz i could have made Ice spring but some times I switch these builds to accomodate the play style Im running and just experimenting with different mods to attain a different result.

Also this is kinda sad and I felt i should share with My fellow community.

Asking randoms questions about Ash You find good answers and it makes this Thread pretty Relevant.

I understand My rework may seem Very Over Powered but in reality it gives exactly what Ash needs

CC not Damage, abit of Damage for Shuriken adding Secondary weapon mods and Bladestorm recieveing Melee Finisher Damage and Slash damage Mods from Your Melee would Make sense no?

Edited by xLordKogax

Like I was saying I have asked a few good folks iin Random squads what there opinion is on Ash

My replies were quiet good response for This Thread.

11995445_976866925693188_1161691100_o.jp

The best response I recieved from this Fine GentleTenno was a Great reply and also quiet a Sad Truth about Ash.

Because END GAME is About TEAM COMPOSITION and ASH has NOTING TO OFFER?

This is a Sad Truth and I think DE should let Ash befall a fate of the Mediocre Solo Artist for Edgy Fanboys.

This makes us Ash fans look inferior and seem like Noobs.

I have and Play every Frame and run them quiet Well.

I just Choose Ash, he is My Favorite and I feel this Rework makes him Viable for END GAME COMPOSITION

I love how he Illustrated that.xD

12001743_976869952359552_1975980207_o.jp

ASH is good for solo play, but team wise, his role can be played better by others?

This is the Main reason that Fuels my Thread and why i write these concepts.

I dont want to make him just a Massive Damage Dealer and Kill more then My team.

I want synergy throughout his kit and share the benefits of Ash's Lethal Elusiveness through Smoke Shadows and Choke Clouds (CC)

This is not a Greedy concept rather a Concept for Mainly Team play and a Final Rework that can be balanced out in areas that may be too OP but nonetheless a great concept.

Bladestorms Choke Cloud doesnt necessarily need to open enemies to Finishers (Its be nice tho)

The Choke cloud stunning enemies altho is a Great Idea this way you dont need to worry about enemies destroying You Cryopod or Capturing a Tower your defending Etc...

I can explain why each concept is good without being totally or extremely OP and CC is VERY important in Warframe due to the Hordes of enemies we face, one or two Shurikens are obsolete when I can use My Hikou Prime with Concealed Explosives and destroy eximus bombard and nullifiers with it swiftly 

Smoke screen provides a gimped CC thats not very useful only to get a few kills or cast Bladestorm, and its over shadowed by Loki's duration

Teleport becomes situational and sometimes even forgotten due to its unreliability and enemies being able to escape your grasp

Bladestorm is Effective only because its Finisher/Slash damage and your basically an Invincible Tanky Assassin with a Down side on the Bugs and Horrible animation we are forced to watch and the chance enemies have to make you Fail your mission even tho Ash is Alive.

I dont think we would mind watching a Cutscene if its Epic and effective with a Toggle to end it, also Toggle will offer us advantage to use Trickerys proc at its start.

Makes sense no?

Edited by xLordKogax