Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ashs Bladestorm Devstream 60 (Thank You Scott)

xLordKogax

lol we gotit by nowman, point dragonblack is mqking is that his ogher tewaeks could b amed as well. not all inclusve in BS, hving tgem gt full potential from exalted mode mades is seem like its for unskilled guys. Ninja game is all about utility and hard ! work...thatz why he doesnt evn poses CC countermeasures....but prolly he willsoon

exalted blade idea is not original and wont make sense onash

Oh boy.

Must I explain again?

Exalted Blade style casting as spoken about in Devstream 60 was stated by Geoff and even Rebecca made this comment and it will work for Ash if made to compliment Ashs abilities and Play style, Read My spoiler it will totally relieve any doubts you have.

Btw Hysteria was always similar to EB except without a Drain and Toggle. In Hysteria you can cast abilities like Ripline Paralysis and War Cry.

Think of Bladestorm as a Toggle Drain that allows you the Freedom to attack how you want and Cast all your abilities while in Bladestorm and cancel Bladestorm as well.

I only used what the Devs spoke about in the Stream and adapted it too Ash in the form of what they suggested.

As Geoff said "If you use your Imagination" I used My imagination and created EXALTED BLADE STORM xD

They said clearly Hysteria and Peacemaker will get this sort of Casting style as well watch the stream

Thats not up to Me anymore. I have conveyed My ideas and I can only Hope DE makes the right choice.

The only ability that really needed a rework Badly is Bladestorm but I doo agree his entire kit could use a QoL.

Shuriken could scale with melee mods (Bladestorm too)

Smoke Screen should stay up and choke enemies who enter (Same duration)

Teleport could have a free-aim short range smoke/dash teleport function

Bladestorm could synergize all in 1 like Exalted Blade.

Im sure everyone who has read my thread that knows how Koga feels about Ash knows my ideas by heart now.

Now we can only pray DE make Ash shine and represent use Real Ash Players

Shuriken could be rapid fire at a lesser cost when not sprinting

Smoke screen cloud should stay up for half of the duration of his invisibility or have smoke trail where ever he goes choking other nearby enemies.

Teleport could be used on a crowd to stun everybody in range like bladestorm does now just not as wide. The last person in telported to is open for finishers. Used in conjuction with smokescreen would drop another smoke cloud.

Bladestorm uses hidden blade combos and other powers get buffed with power cost reduction along with clones who cause bleed and finish dmg on targets. Hidden blades ignore shield and armor and clones occasional attacks add to combo multiplier. On initial cast many clones appear and attack everything around u swifty doing heavy bleed/finisher damage (depending on range) and disappear leaving mayb 2-4 clones out to attack others occasionally. Combo multiplier increases all damage, takes longer to restart and takes less to move up a level(1x to 1.5x)

Bladestorm shuriken would go Up to 4 shurikens instead of just 2 with punch through capability.

Bladestorm smokescreen would cast a wider cloud and smoketrail becomes wider. Combo multiplier does not restart while invisible. Clones gain armor and shield ignore briefly.

Bladestorm Teleport becomes miniature bladestorm with more range and one hit only on all targets in range.

Every hit adds to the combo multiplier (all powers) while in bladestorm. Hows that!! xD

Let me know if i need to explain something or if you don't get what im tryna say. O.o

Edited by (PS4)marcellusg90

Oh boy.

Must I explain again?

Exalted Blade style casting as spoken about in Devstream 60 was stated by Geoff and even Rebecca made this comment and it will work for Ash if made to compliment Ashs abilities and Play style, Read My spoiler it will totally relieve any doubts you have.

Btw Hysteria was always similar to EB except without a Drain and Toggle. In Hysteria you can cast abilities like Ripline Paralysis and War Cry.

Think of Bladestorm as a Toggle Drain that allows you the Freedom to attack how you want and Cast all your abilities while in Bladestorm and cancel Bladestorm as well.

I only used what the Devs spoke about in the Stream and adapted it too Ash in the form of what they suggested.

As Geoff said "If you use your Imagination" I used My imagination and created EXALTED BLADE STORM xD

They said clearly Hysteria and Peacemaker will get this sort of Casting style as well watch the stream

i ghink you got it allwrong, they were talking bout slash dash imrpvement wherebyhou cast has somesort of mechnic that allows next cast to be lesser energy costly. not exalted blade or hysteria

Shuriken could be rapid fire at a lesser cost when not sprinting

Smoke screen cloud should stay up for half of the duration of his invisibility or have smoke trail where ever he goes choking other nearby enemies.

Teleport could be used on a crowd to stun everybody in range like bladestorm does now just not as wide. The last person in telported to is open for finishers. Used in conjuction with smokescreen would drop another smoke cloud.

Bladestorm uses hidden blade combos and other powers get buffed with power cost reduction along with clones who cause bleed and finish dmg on targets. Hidden blades ignore shield and armor and clones occasional attacks add to combo multiplier. On initial cast many clones appear and attack everything around u swifty doing heavy bleed/finisher damage (depending on range) and disappear leaving mayb 2-4 clones out to attack others occasionally. Combo multiplier increases all damage, takes longer to restart and takes less to move up a level(1x to 1.5x)

Bladestorm shuriken would go Up to 4 shurikens instead of just 2 with punch through capability.

Bladestorm smokescreen would cast a wider cloud and smoketrail becomes wider. Combo multiplier does not restart while invisible. Clones gain armor and shield ignore briefly.

Bladestorm Teleport becomes miniature bladestorm with more range and one hit only on all targets in range.

Every hit adds to the combo multiplier (all powers) while in bladestorm. Hows that!! xD

Not bad, seems like you used My concept and made some rearrangements.

Well the shuriken I mentioned in Bladestorm projects 6 shurikens from Ash/Clones (2) soo each clone projects 2 and Ash as well that makes 6 Shurikens.

Everything You mentioned is basically what I suggested and it isnt bad.

The concept i made is Balanced while Ash doesnt attack you are rendered invisibile but can take damage. When you attack you are revealed with a burst of smoke clouds that choke near by enemies and your attacks render Ash Invincible as Before when You attack in Bladestorms current animation.

The animations need new designs IMHO they are very Lack luster and You dont go thru this cutscene mode you see everything Ash does and have full control of him. Your Clones only appear while you attack and they strike the same enemies Ash does dealing the same damage as before.

This adds tons more damage to One enemy and kills them alot quicker imagine Lvl100 Bombards etc. will take tons more damage and less Strikes to take them down

i ghink you got it allwrong, they were talking bout slash dash imrpvement wherebyhou cast has somesort of mechnic that allows next cast to be lesser energy costly. not exalted blade or hysteria

You are seriously wrong my friend Ill prove you wrong right now I have watched that Video over 10 times man

Watch  34:30 minutes to 34:48 You will here Geoff say this and then Rebecca replies EXALTED BLADE

Unless if there gonna make Bladestorm like Slash Dash thats a Horrible Idea x_x but if you listen and watch you hear that even Peacemaker will get this type of Interactive ability instead of Fire and Forget

Edited by xLordKogax

why did you edit out the other skill reworks? maan......

now its all out his ultimate? tbh it just needs tweaking. Now there wont be any synergy just cause of the current goal youre  aiming for...

There is. Think about it. Its actually the same idea evolved into Bladestorm actually. Imagine a Bladestorm thats similar in function like Exalted Blade wher you cast and the ability is a Toggled/Drain allowing you to cast your 1, 2, and 3 within Bladestorm. I actually made the Shuriken better, imagine casting Shuriken while in Bladestorm Ash/Clones project 2 Shuriken each, that makes it 6 shuriken. Smoke Screen in BS works as CC further increasing your chance to link your Finishers, and Teleport provides greater mobility as well as a small CC linking you to enemies and chain more finisher kills.

The proposed idea is to Make Bladestorm interactive and give the player freedom while in Bladestorm.

The whole community doesnt agree with Ash being fully reworked as we do and since DE mentioned on the Devstream Ashs Bladestorm will be reworked I wanted to focus My concept on that while taking everything i created before and implementing it with in Bladestorm.

Working Mechanically similar to Exalted Blade/Hysteria innovates and allows player freedom of choice and corrects alot of the issues BS had before like terrible Cutscene animations and bad camera angles, possibly even fixing the falling through the map bug and the Invincible floater bugs xD

I hope you like the propesed Ideas and this can be something innovative and fun.

Thank You for Your concern and support LAWD :)

There is. Think about it. Its actually the same idea evolved into Bladestorm actually. Imagine a Bladestorm thats similar in function like Exalted Blade wher you cast and the ability is a Toggled/Drain allowing you to cast your 1, 2, and 3 within Bladestorm. I actually made the Shuriken better, imagine casting Shuriken while in Bladestorm Ash/Clones project 2 Shuriken each, that makes it 6 shuriken. Smoke Screen in BS works as CC further increasing your chance to link your Finishers, and Teleport provides greater mobility as well as a small CC linking you to enemies and chain more finisher kills.

The proposed idea is to Make Bladestorm interactive and give the player freedom while in Bladestorm.

The whole community doesnt agree with Ash being fully reworked as we do and since DE mentioned on the Devstream Ashs Bladestorm will be reworked I wanted to focus My concept on that while taking everything i created before and implementing it with in Bladestorm.

Working Mechanically similar to Exalted Blade/Hysteria innovates and allows player freedom of choice and corrects alot of the issues BS had before like terrible Cutscene animations and bad camera angles, possibly even fixing the falling through the map bug and the Invincible floater bugs xD

I hope you like the propesed Ideas and this can be something innovative and fun.

Thank You for Your concern and support LAWD :)

Well wait im confused....so his other abilities only get better when ur in BS?! that doesnt make any sense, his whole kit need tweaks, its a great suggestion for his BS but its not enough imo....?!?!

Well wait im confused....so his other abilities only get better when ur in BS?! that doesnt make any sense, his whole kit need tweaks, its a great suggestion for his BS but its not enough imo....?!?!

i wanted to get to that, but would be annoyin for me topoint out everything. Koga your idea is cool but  forpeople to get the full potential out of Ash they have to spam 4 juat for his other skills to get better. If im not mistaken thats what youve implied.

Im pretty sure Geoff didnt mean the exalted/hysteria toggle but the slidepunch thing from Atlas. ive rewatched and followed the conversation.

With all respect man, the ideas before were much better and skill based

i wanted to get to that, but would be annoyin for me topoint out everything. Koga your idea is cool but  forpeople to get the full potential out of Ash they have to spam 4 juat for his other skills to get better. If im not mistaken thats what youve implied.

Im pretty sure Geoff didnt mean the exalted/hysteria toggle but the slidepunch thing from Atlas. ive rewatched and followed the conversation.

With all respect man, the ideas before were much better and skill based

I gotta say, i understood it the same way (but english ist not my first language, so dont give S#&$ about).

I like the current suggestion for BS more than the old one, but the rest of his kit...yee

Someone should post this topic in DE Steve twitter just to he know because most time he don't know ... 

Then Help Me xD

Matter fact I have more Ideas but I need help with writting and organizing im not the best writer but i have some crazy ideas and concepts.

tumblr_no0ls0hCa11rnk8peo4_540.gif

The combos and visuals i have down packed, but the whole idea revolves around the new Energy Drain Toggle ultimates like Hysteria and Exalted Blade. Although it may sound like "Another Toggle ability" it can work great for Ashs Bladestorm and the ideas I have grant more freedom of choice and is interactive at the same time. I hope you read my concepts details, I also have an idea for how Ash/Clones should look like while in Bladestorm too. Just for Visuals ofcoarse nothing mandatory but I think it would look cool and emphasize more on his Ultimate

Love the concept #1 because it makes Ash's ultimate much more interactive (I personally like the playstyles Exalted Blade and Hysteria bring to Warframe) but most importantly #2 because I think it fits Ash's theme much better than his current ultimate.  The way the new skill sounds to me will make you feel like much more of a ninja! 

Nice work keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...

So practicly .... the OP ... wants infinite, invulnerable, Blade Storm, that also targets many many many more targets, with less energy consumption!

Why are people sooo exaggerated, and make assumptions?

I bet that You didnt even read the concept all the way thru. I clearly stated that while NOT ATTACKING  Ash is rendered INVISIBLE but can still take DAMAGE, while Ash is ATTACKING He is revealed from invisibility and is rendered INVINCIBLE while attacking.

Reading is Fundamental My friend ;) 

I like this idea a lot, I've seen alot of suggestions since I first saw posts about Ash right before his prime came out. Before that I was mostly convinced I was the only one who played this frame in the entire game. I main Ash and I can safely say that he's best as a assassin damage dealer and not a stealth support. I'd like to see some aspect of his skill set that would help his teammates also either hide or kill more effectively, and your idea does that a little. I've played extensively both the Teleport/SS style and the bladestorm style of play and the bladestorm method is far superior, if less engaging. 

I'll skip my normal explanation of his abilities and their usefulness, it seems yall got the concept. Since you only really went into a lot of detail on his 4th, I'll talk about 1-3 first. 

1st ability) Shuriken should have innate armor reduction that is simply increased by the augment.

2nd ability)

It would be good if his smoke bomb had enough usefulness to make it worth modding for. Using https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/549509-can-we-make-ashs-smokescreen-an-actual-smoke-screen/'>BattledOne's suggestion, I'd suggest that it would only give the entire team invisibility with the augment, but it makes targets inside the cloud take increased melee damage, so that using bladestorm on targets within the cloud would be more effective. I would also suggest that targets inside the cloud have reduced accuracy, providing some soft CC without distracting from the main focus of dealing damage. I would NOT suggest opening them up to finisher attacks (in current game mechanics would require a hard stun), as it's too similar to radial blind and is not as good as team invisibility/damage reduction. Perhaps casting bladestorm while invisible could use less energy for even greater utility. 

3rd ability) Teleport is already useful as a way to jump to a heavy target and then use a channeled finisher with life strike to both execute a tough mob and get a heal. However, I still rarely use it in crowds (mobs are almost never alone) as it leaves me standing still in the open to be murdered. If it were to drop even a small short duration smoke bomb, say 25% range and duration, it would be an extremely useful skill. 

4th ability) This has been talked about to death lately, and OP's very complicated solution is good, but I think DE is planning to change it to be like a much more powerful version of Atlas' first skill, but I can't be sure. If it is, I hope it's basically my teleport + an automatic quick finisher chained together like Atlas' landslide, but we can only hope. I would personally throw away the clones in OP's suggestion, as they were basically a patch added after his release to make killing 18 targets not take quite so long. I think they look silly are aren't needed, but to each his own. A stance like exalted blade where Ash is invisible when not attacking is a fantastic idea, but there would have to be some sort of short timer after he finishes his attack (1-5sec I'd imagine) before he went invis again for balance. 

Thanks for the topic, I think now that Sayrn and Rhino have been looked at, one of the oldest frames in the game, Ash, could really use these changes. 

I like this idea a lot, I've seen alot of suggestions since I first saw posts about Ash right before his prime came out. Before that I was mostly convinced I was the only one who played this frame in the entire game. I main Ash and I can safely say that he's best as a assassin damage dealer and not a stealth support. I'd like to see some aspect of his skill set that would help his teammates also either hide or kill more effectively, and your idea does that a little. I've played extensively both the Teleport/SS style and the bladestorm style of play and the bladestorm method is far superior, if less engaging. 

I'll skip my normal explanation of his abilities and their usefulness, it seems yall got the concept. Since you only really went into a lot of detail on his 4th, I'll talk about 1-3 first. 

1st ability) Shuriken should have innate armor reduction that is simply increased by the augment.

2nd ability)

It would be good if his smoke bomb had enough usefulness to make it worth modding for. Using BattledOne's suggestion, I'd suggest that it would only give the entire team invisibility with the augment, but it makes targets inside the cloud take increased melee damage, so that using bladestorm on targets within the cloud would be more effective. I would also suggest that targets inside the cloud have reduced accuracy, providing some soft CC without distracting from the main focus of dealing damage. I would NOT suggest opening them up to finisher attacks (in current game mechanics would require a hard stun), as it's too similar to radial blind and is not as good as team invisibility/damage reduction. Perhaps casting bladestorm while invisible could use less energy for even greater utility. 

3rd ability) Teleport is already useful as a way to jump to a heavy target and then use a channeled finisher with life strike to both execute a tough mob and get a heal. However, I still rarely use it in crowds (mobs are almost never alone) as it leaves me standing still in the open to be murdered. If it were to drop even a small short duration smoke bomb, say 25% range and duration, it would be an extremely useful skill. 

4th ability) This has been talked about to death lately, and OP's very complicated solution is good, but I think DE is planning to change it to be like a much more powerful version of Atlas' first skill, but I can't be sure. If it is, I hope it's basically my teleport + an automatic quick finisher chained together like Atlas' landslide, but we can only hope. I would personally throw away the clones in OP's suggestion, as they were basically a patch added after his release to make killing 18 targets not take quite so long. I think they look silly are aren't needed, but to each his own. A stance like exalted blade where Ash is invisible when not attacking is a fantastic idea, but there would have to be some sort of short timer after he finishes his attack (1-5sec I'd imagine) before he went invis again for balance. 

Thanks for the topic, I think now that Sayrn and Rhino have been looked at, one of the oldest frames in the game, Ash, could really use these changes. 

+1 , i really liked the idea about passive , make ash invisible while not attacking is awesome ...

I don't support your idea. Way too complicated with those 10+ effects that you listed for a mediocre ultimate.

So you basically want Blade Storm to...

1) Turn Ash invisible during the duration.

Doesn't Smoke Screen already do this? lol

2) Release "choke cloud" when using Teleport and Smoke Screen, and when attacking.

Smoke Screen already "choke" them. More redundancy here and it really doesn't make sense for a teleporting Ash to release "choke cloud." When Ash teleports from one spot to another, his body turns to smoke, which doesn't expand through a wide area. It's not like he is dropping smoke bombs, now is he? If anything, I think Smoke Screen needs to be changed to be more useful, rather than using similar ideas for his ultimate.

3) Open enemies up for finisher.

Teleport already does this. yawn...

4) To start doing slashes?

" I think Bladestorms Hidden Blades should be changed in order to make this look nicer and emphasize on the Ideas damage type (Finisher/Slash) "

If I understand you correctly, then you want hidden blades to have slashing animations. Do you know why those so-called "hidden blades"

are designed the way they are, thin and double-edged? The function of such design is to stab. I'll be damned if an assassin like Ash started slashing with his hidden blades like the Maplestory gif that you showed. Your suggestion would ruin his design, just like how the clones did. The concept of Ash is to hop, teleport on an enemy, stab, hop off, teleport,... rinse and repeat.

Yeah, so the more I think about your idea, the more it doesn't make sense. Like what's the point of freeaim teleport for Blade Storm, beside the fact that the community are begging for it for no real good reason? Is Teleport not good enough to close the gap? I think simplicity is better. Even making Blade Storm similar to Atlas' #1 sounds like a better idea. You need to think about Ash as a whole package, not just putting a bunch of random ideas together for an ultimate.