Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parrying (Parry. Not Blocking, Parry)

(PSN)theelix

I don't care about the damage reduction. The problem I have right now is that parrying an enemy to open them up for a finisher is more painful, less rewarding, and much more risky than it used to be.

I'm not going to give a long thread, there's already one out about blocking in general. Probably has something about parry in there.

Blocking energy consumption seems to be proportionate to the damage given. This is hilarious. I go into a Tower 1 Exterminate with 300 energy by the first four enemies, trying to    PARRY    with   TIMED CHANNELING   with  NO CHANNEL MODS  or the PARRY MOD, I have 4 energy. A whole 4 energy. It looked like each melee strike was taking away over 10 energy.   

(On a side note, I'm pretty sure it's not tied to channeling efficiency. If it is. WOW. You have got to be kidding me. If the were taking over 10 energy on a build that has a 2 channeling cost I don't know what to say other than...

)

So, after you get to a point where you energy isn't proportionate to the damage being taken, you stop using energy. This does allow for THEORETICAL infinite parrying, but in higher levels the fact that you can't reflect that damage is going to murder you.

Parry window still hasn't become larger.

Please fix parrying.