Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Female Grappling Grineer.....

Nourie

Alright...i think there design is decent.Of all the grinner there the ones i would more then likely pork if i was forced to do a grineer. Aside from that,WOW!My lord how badly they need to be adjusted.For starters,They can grab you any were they want to grab you if your in the proximity of there grab hooks,and it doesn't matter if your behind walls,on an upper platform,ect. Regardless of were you are,if your in the range of those hooks they can grab you. One of the bigger problems that i have noticed is that half the time they don't even fully grab you and pull you towards them!They will basically tap grab you,and by that i mean hook u very quickly just enough to stagger you down to falling, thus enabling you to be whaled on and bombarded by the grinner!I think that that's the general  point of there existence,to create more of a challenge,and on that note i like it.I just think its a bit stacked in the favor of the house,or "op" as many say,because they can do it so frequently and at any spot,at any time regardless of any map constraints or anything.I think that if they are to remain this way we should at least have the ability to perhaps counter act this ability.Maybe a flash comes up in and in that time you can deflect there grapple hook back at them with the sword block..that would be much more balanced.To many, this may seem to be a petty issue,but its not.Unless you have a rare mod like handbreak,or a tank character,your pretty much sol once your in a room with 50 grapple constantly downing you from random areas in the room,half of which should be out of proximity.Just figured id throw my two cents on the forum about this,and to you Steve ,and the rest of the developers,consider me successfully trolled,because these new grineer u have added enrage the hell out of me MORE, then roller mines EVER have or could! x3

Paragraphs are your friend, a giant chunk of text is very hard to read and I don't quite get what you're talking about.

Are you complaining about how they're able to grab you so easily? Or are you happy that they've been added because it adds a degree of challenge back to the game?

Very true,sorry about the huge chunk of text.

I'm confused how you could'nt understand what i was saying from what i stated but i guess i can simplify it. Basically what im saying is the the grapplers and what they do as an attack is fine.The problem is that they can do it any were ,any time,even if there not in sight,even if it glitches you into something.

Most of the enemies in this game you can find ways to work around around there abilities at a close range. With these grineer ,if more then 3 are around you at any distant range ,your getting knocked and staggered at such a rate that there's basically nothing you do.They shouldn't be able to grab you on a lower platform 10 miles away,thus clipping you into a wall,ultimately resulting in you not being able to complete your mission,or an unfair death.

When it comes to the scorpions (Thats their name) I usually have a great response to them, that's called a bullet to the face. 

Yes, all enemies tend to have a method to combat them. For this enemy it's literally just being quick and observant, if you're too slow then she's going fishing for yo' &#!.

When it comes to the scorpions (Thats their name) I usually have a great response to them, that's called a bullet to the face. 

Yes, all enemies tend to have a method to combat them. For this enemy it's literally just being quick and observant, if you're too slow then she's going fishing for yo' &#!.

Point is they can do it through walls and floors where you can't see them. So how do you react to something you can't see?

I was waiting for a comment like that.

Honestly your right.That is the best way to combat her.Then again thats the best way to combat any enemy in any game.

Essentially what your saying is dont suck,which i agree,people should stirve to be as good as they can be.I consider myself to be a pretty good player in this game,and have not had any complaints or issues in this game unitl "scorpians" appeared.

The attack is op regardless,and it causes many glitches.

I've yet to be dragged through a wall, and anytime I've been dragged awkwardly they've had some form of LOS on me (Line of Sight). Chances are they're seeing you through the gaps in a rail or something like that.

But as I've not experienced these issues, or had many major problems with dealing with them/giving me any major grief then I don't see a major problem with them.

I've yet to be dragged through a wall, and anytime I've been dragged awkwardly they've had some form of LOS on me (Line of Sight). Chances are they're seeing you through the gaps in a rail or something like that.

But as I've not experienced these issues, or had many major problems with dealing with them/giving me any major grief then I don't see a major problem with them.

It makes sense that you don't see any issues with them,seeing as you've never experienced what i or many others have. Considering these things are happening to some of us,investigation and adjustments should be taken into consideration,hence the reason i made this post.

I've walked into a room and was on a platform where they had been directly under me, no way they couldve seen me or i them. Yet they grappled me and tripped me even still. Also had one jump in the air and grapple me into mid air. Another one grappled me through a closed/locked down door. I haven't had to bad a time with it but it has happened Edited by Ecotox