Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Red Veil Room Obvious 1-Dimensional Flame Sprites

Pate8

I've never noticed before / I can't tell if this is a recent change, but the Red Veil room has a lot of flames that simply rotate their direction towards the player's camera orientation and this is very unsightly.

Edited by Pate8

I've never noticed before / I can't tell if this is a recent change, but the Red Veil room has a lot of flames that simply rotate their direction towards the player's camera orientation and this is very unsightly.

This is actually a very oldschool technique of optimizing things like grass and fire and wisps of smoke and is prevalent in most pre-2007 FPS games. The reason why it's so noticable in Warframe is because it's a 3rd Person Shooter and you can move the camera's position around further as opposed to FPS's turn in place style.

The only way they could fix this is give the fire "sprites" (that's what they're called in most cases) an above and angled transition, probably for both 45 and 90 degrees or a 3-way transition for 30/60/90. 

In the end it seems like it's too much work for such a small detail, and would probably be at the bottom of DE's list of visual improvements to be made :\

I think this is *intentional* as they aren't supposed to be real flames (Fire Marshall has a fit When New Loka had their BBQ), just an image of one.