Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer! A Perfect Oportunity To Create An Awesome Enemy

Venarge

Ok, we finally got the grineer ships, and future updates will also provide us with grineer outposts with special "ice gear"

So what potential lies inside their existence? In my Op, they could become a great outstanding enemy. I will most likely do a thread about the others as well, but first, lets show the Grineer some love.

What are the grineer supposed to be?

They are basically a war driven race. They conquer, they destroy. The usual "war stuff"

I think, the grineer should provide from that image. Warriors/Soldiers usually get a decent training before being send into battle. They learn tactics to engage different kinds of enemies. They are battle hardened badasses flying through space.

So lets add this to their fighting style =)

Most of us should have encountered her, the scorpion. She is using a steel rope to catch you. Basically, this is a neat idea. But there are so many other possibilities for something like that. Why not let the grineer have units that have this gear, besides scorpion, that use it to gain an advantage over the player. What I am talking about is to extent the current gameplay into vertical spaces. The new Grineer CHAMELEON could shoot the ropes into walls, that pull them to certain places for a better view at their target. They could set traps with this kind of gear. They could have some kind of cloaking tech that makes them look a bit like the environment, and whenever a player walks nearby/under them, they attack. In the following pictures, I will show you some spots, the chameleon could use

2mbcop9rr1vr.png

9aurln8bck88.png

f6k3bdsjfb5.png

9ebqv4fljp22.png

41zhrbg91qme.png

rn8r6yyeywg.png

3zhmf69pkmf5.png

4girlaoi8m2.png

putci4rhrtk.png

2kdfd71we9tw.png

All these points COULD be places a Grineer chameleon Trooper would be able to use.

they could place units under the ceiling, making them attack from places you wouldnt expect, making them challenging, and not awkward like rollers for some people. Give Grineer smoke nades and nades that place glue at the floor to slow you down. Not slow mo like void stuff, but at least make you a bit slower. 

They have the image of a war driven race. They should provide form that when it comes to gameplay. These are just a few things I had in mind. If this thread is something people have interest in, I would drop some more ideas to improve their encounter experience =)

Thanks for reading guys

Not sure if its intentional, but i have had scorpions and those flamethrower guys working together several times against me, a scorpion pulls me through a doorway, and a flamethower guy sits next to the door and starts torching me while i get dragged through.

Imagine if this Chameleon of yours worked kind of the same way, the moment you step through a doorway he grabs you from the ceiling, draining your shields and preventing movement (but not shooting) and a bunch of Lancers pop out from behind cover at the same time.
It would help a bit against rushers :)

Thanks guys for the support.

The design for the chameleon would actually look like him:

Tyl_regor.png

His armor isnt the heavy one from the lancers and makes him more agile, and therefore, more fitting for the chameleon.

I suggest to give them some kind of gas mask or something to make them different. Maybe the gasmask could provide some kind of

neural stimulation to make them more effective.