Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Coptering And Multi Shot Changes Are Not Equivalent

BraverLeech37

Firstly, Nullifier bubbles don't make abilities useless, they make it so abilities do not affect that area. Which means, yes you can still use your abilities to stop enemies from doing stuff. They also only work if the bubble is up, you can, in fact, remove the bubble, cast an ability and affect them and everything that was covered by them. Secondly, bombards also exist in the raid where there are no Nullifiers to be seen considering they are a corpus enemy. Thirdly, aiming at an enemy is not the same as when you basically swipe your Soma or other top tier weapon across a group of enemies to turn them all into minced meats. Do not conflate two different things as the same thing.

I edited my post to include ancient healers as well. 

Nullifier bubbles kinda do make abilities useless considering their big range. Yes, you will affect some enemies, but the bubble can hide a whole swarm of them.

Bombards in the raid can one-shot you. The only way to counteract them is with CC and blessing trin. The meta of Warframe is to kill them/incapacitate before they can kill you. Enemy power creep is just as bad as our own due to sponginess and damage output. 

I never said anything about "swiping." Don't put words inside my mouth. When you are shooting at something, you have to aim at it. 

I'm sure they didn't but are you telling me that the entire reason that they are doing this is because of one syndicate weapon? Now who's being dense. I don't recall being rude to you either.

Teach me your ways please, I have never seen a level 80 anything turn to liquid yet.

They DESIGNED the weapon WITH THE CHANGES IN MIND. The changes are not BECAUSE of the Vay Hek.

I edited my post to include ancient healers as well. 

Nullifier bubbles kinda do make abilities useless considering their big range. Yes, you will affect some enemies, but the bubble can hide a whole swarm of them.

Bombards in the raid can one-shot you. The only way to counteract them is with CC and blessing trin. The meta of Warframe is to kill them/incapacitate before they can kill you. Enemy power creep is just as bad as our own due to sponginess and damage output. 

I never said anything about "swiping." Don't put words inside my mouth. When you are shooting at something, you have to aim at it. 

I was implying swiping when saying, "aiming in a general direction of enemies." It was a tongue-in-cheek way of putting the fact that Warframe is by an large an easy game and I was exaggerating to make this point. Little skill is involved, especially because any skill you could possibly have is make null and void by the fact that they throw what feels like 50-60 enemies at you at any given time to, "make things hard," which they have to do because weapons kill enemies too quickly and CC can perma lock down pretty much everything, and this unfortunately isn't made harder by nullifiers or supposedly how strong bombards are, when personally I have no idea because i'm always crowd controlling them and everyone in the room because otherwise the amount of enemies make thing like, "cover," useless.

Oh and I'll go back and look at the ancient healer thing.

***EDIT***

I don't recall Ancients in the void giving DR, but yes in infested mission they don't really add anything from my experiences. Honestly my problem is with both Disruptor Ancients and Parasitic Eximus draining you so fast and before you notice them. They need to be taken back a bit or reworked.

Edited by silkygoodness

The standard four corrosive projections with viral damage on one of those super over powered guns, like ya know, Soma Prime, Boltor Prime, Torid, Amprex, Formerly the Synoid Gammacor(RIP), and a few others that escape me atm.

So this is something that needs done because a few people can achieve that? It's well within everyone's reach for sure, but very very few run that setup. So it is not out of control, even if it was and they never lifted the level ceiling higher and kept the new guns stats in check then it wouldn't be a terrible thing. I say that because if you run with a squad that is using that setup then it is of your own volition. You don't have to play with people using it. Are you just aggravated that those people go farther than you? Please help me understand why you think that people want you to be concerned with how they choose to play? Last thing, over powered is a pretty opinionated term and it's the viral you speak of that gets the damage going that high, not the gun. They do help with dps, but the only way around that is running around with guns that are as strong as a bratton. That is what you're proposing right?

So this is something that needs done because a few people can achieve that? It's well within everyone's reach for sure, but very very few run that setup. So it is not out of control, even if it was and they never lifted the level ceiling higher and kept the new guns stats in check then it wouldn't be a terrible thing. I say that because if you run with a squad that is using that setup then it is of your own volition. You don't have to play with people using it. Are you just aggravated that those people go farther than you? Please help me understand why you think that people want you to be concerned with how they choose to play? Last thing, over powered is a pretty opinionated term and it's the viral you speak of that gets the damage going that high, not the gun. They do help with dps, but the only way around that is running around with guns that are as strong as a bratton. That is what you're proposing right?

I'm saying corosive projection and the current damage output of guns is an issue, viral just adds to the problem. Corrosive projection is a way to bypass a combat problem entirely with no added effort. Sure a difference between starter weapons and higher MR weapons is something that should exist, however the level numbers are some kind of cryptic set of symbols as opposed to an actual way to determine difficulty. Especially when the raid and devs say level 80+ is supposed to be super hard but then it turns out to be the same as everything else. I suppose the problem is far more complicated than weapon damage, but multishot just makes this worse. Sure getting rid of it will just replace it with something else, but this game's enemies and damage system need another facelift. A damage 3.0 if you will. Remove crit mods, put in a specific slot for a damage type, make weapons scale with their rank and make crits and headshots the same thing. That is a good place to start to remove a lot of the forced mods because as it stands you have no real choice in mods. Every build is base damage+multishot+elemental/crit. I feel pidgeon holded and over half the mods in this game are being ignored and we don't get unique mods added because no one has room for them.

I'm saying corosive projection and the current damage output of guns is an issue, viral just adds to the problem. Corrosive projection is a way to bypass a combat problem entirely with no added effort. Sure a difference between starter weapons and higher MR weapons is something that should exist, however the level numbers are some kind of cryptic set of symbols as opposed to an actual way to determine difficulty. Especially when the raid and devs say level 80+ is supposed to be super hard but then it turns out to be the same as everything else. I suppose the problem is far more complicated than weapon damage, but multishot just makes this worse. Sure getting rid of it will just replace it with something else, but this game's enemies and damage system need another facelift. A damage 3.0 if you will. Remove crit mods, put in a specific slot for a damage type, make weapons scale with their rank and make crits and headshots the same thing. That is a good place to start to remove a lot of the forced mods because as it stands you have no real choice in mods. Every build is base damage+multishot+elemental/crit. I feel pidgeon holded and over half the mods in this game are being ignored and we don't get unique mods added because no one has room for them.

I personally don't agree with your view on the raid, ever tried it with either a bunch of players that don't know what they're doing or just a few that do but nobody brought crowd control? Instant failure, everything else I agree with though. I'm not saying that the raid is too tough, you're right to say it's easy. What I am saying is that if it is made harder then it will be completely out of reach for most players.

I'm sure they didn't but are you telling me that the entire reason that they are doing this is because of one syndicate weapon? Now who's being dense. I don't recall being rude to you either.

Teach me your ways please, I have never seen a level 80 anything turn to liquid yet.

Idk my dread at least like 75% of the time one hit a level 80 heavy gunner in a nightmare raid Edited by j0shh4nxd

I personally don't agree with your view on the raid, ever tried it with either a bunch of players that don't know what they're doing or just a few that do but nobody brought crowd control? Instant failure, everything else I agree with though. I'm not saying that the raid is too tough, you're right to say it's easy. What I am saying is that if it is made harder then it will be completely out of reach for most players.

The raid is an example. The entire game need a difficulty curve rework. The early game can be incredibly challenging, yet the "end game," is quite possibly the easiest part of the game. I'm not saying the game should be hard, but I am saying it should by no means be as easy as it is, and have that difficulty properly executed to allow skill to be a fa tor when the game is hard.