The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Galatine A Viable Weapon?

DoritosandDewGG

Question

18 answers to this question

Even though I eliminated it once as soon as Melee 2.0 came in, I crafted it again and, well.

Whoa, it's amazing. As a melee solo player is my best choice for Volt and Excal, both the frames I take in high level missions.

i actually really like it. U17 gave a new mod (seismic wave) that adds 200% slam damage, using this on the galatine with the tempo royal stance is amazing, as there are 2 different combos that integrate slams into them. also the regular ground slams are now very useful.

I'm fairly sure that when modded right, it can surpass the single-hit damage of the Scindo P. However DPS-wise, I'm not sure.

Scindo Prime is actually harder per hit (same weapon class and dominant damage types, but has slightly higher base damage), but the Galatine can out-dps it with a Cleaving Whirlwind (using same mods) due to the little extra reach on the base model (so you can hit more and more easily) and the slightly faster attack speed.

Edited by MrBubbleSS

Galatine is great vs infested. Take a cleaving whirlwind on a defense mission and go ham. If you like the greatsword idea then go for it, who cares what other people say when all most of them do is compare every weapon to the meta?

Equip these mods (melee only build):

p7rVGc1.png

Proceed to spin-to-win with the Broken Bull combo and become a true Tenno blender. Damage output is pretty crazy against single targets and off the charts against groups.

This is a really good build. Mine has only a few differences.

I personally would use a Virulent Scourge in place of the Voltaic Strike and replace the Fever Strike with a Killing Blow to double (2.1x) my damage when channeling. The damage difference isn't too great, but I do believe it would result a little higher with the 5 energy cost per devastating hit.

I also have a different mod in the slot of Fury (I just use Berzerker), but I forgot what it was (and I'm at work, so I can't check). If I was to guess though, I'd say it's a True Steel to make Berzerker proc more and increase overall-DPS.

I'm also pretty sure I have 1 Forma in it (a Madurai for Primed Reach).

Edited by MrBubbleSS

Back in the old days of Melee 1.0 when Charge attacks weren't just for Glaives. The Galatine was king, after 2.0 hit the Galatine was De-throned by the Dakra Prime and Dragon Nikana.

The Galatine is so under appreciated these days, it is better than the Scindo but worse than the scindo prime, that is why everyone is hoping for the Galatine Prime once charge attacks are re-introduced