Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Trader Is An Abandoned Idea

Speedingbus

While I dread to think what the consequences for wading into the flaming Hellmaw that is this thread in order to leave my two cents in the Soul Well That Lies Beyond, here it goes...

I love the idea of Baro, a merchant who comes by to take away all those useless prime weapon/frame parts you no longer need, and are too lazy to make into complete sets to sell for plat. It keeps the inflation of items in the market down, and that's a good thing. I also love the weapons he sells (Prisma, Wraith, etc.) and the sentinels are cool too.

HOWEVER

He introduces a rather annoying problem. Either he makes everyone who purchases his weapons, mods, and other useful items becomes horribly, horribly overpowered (for a significant investment, of course), or the game becomes balanced around the small selection of items we only have the option of purchasing once a fortnight. Yes you CAN buy and sell to other players, for a lot of plat. More than one should be expected to pay just to be viable. Now if that's the money you have to shill out to become "XxHax0rK1ngxX The All Powerful Destroyer God", than sure. That's fairly reasonable. Then the question of "does this ruin the game" comes up and... the issue begins to snowball from there. Quite rapidly in fact.

TL;DR He's cool, and I like him, but he's flawed from a balance perspective.

Oh look the typical response from people who hate DE but for some reason still play this game and frequent the forums...

Anyways, you do realize DE is still human right? How much can they add when the traders appears every 2 weeks, plus weapons/sentinels coming out every so often, plus working on balancing, plus working on new content, plus working on new accessories...you see where I'm going with this?  

Troll harder please find the word hate or even implied hate for DE in OP. Also DE is a multi million dollar company not a human being.

I don't care about DE so much as a company other than it has Warframe, which I assume you like as well considering you're actually shedding tears over small things in it.

I'm also pretty sure he's given us something new almost every single time he's come? Or am I wrong in that? Or are you complaining because he hasn't given you anything "new" that you like? 

Sigh if you bothered to pay attention I am talking about primed mods no where in my OP was I complaining about cosmetics.

9/4 Rehashed Jolt Mod

8/21 Rehashed Primed Point Blank

8/7 Rehashed Primed Heavy Trauma Primed Slip Magazine

7/24 Zero Primed Mods

7/10 Rehashed Primed Reach

I just covered the past two months of mods void trader has previous already handed out. This is because DE no longer cares about the void trader there's no RNG making him repeatedly hand out the same stuff from a huge range of possibilities.  

I personally love the void trader. No idea what people are *@##$ing about.

I sell my 1500 sicarus blueprint level crud to him and get some stuff in return. Sometimes I resell for plat a few months later, sometimes he brings something I can play with for a few days, sometimes he brings actually useful stuff. All in all, I haven't seen a bad void trader yet. Even with the two machetes, two useless weapons in the game, I thought it was really cool and for the 2 days it took me to get them to 30 I took myself through the star chart again with an unranked set of weapons just for S#&$s and giggles.

Urgh, no.

The concept is great. It works great. The economy is great.

If you missed it, you can always pay Digital Extremes and get a few thousand platinum, then you buy the mod from a player who has it without having to wait months to see it again.

Win-win situation. If you don't have the money to get platinum... well, YOU REALLY don't even need that mod to play the game. Primed mods are merely a way to overpower things, the basic mods work just fine.

I agree 100 percent, the majority of players feel that they DESERVE a new weapon every time the void trade comes. They are ungrateful, you guys got great things for the last couple of void trader appearances.

Prism Skana, Prism Grakata, Prime Pistol Gambit, Prism Dual Cleavers, Prism Tetra and the Prism Shade. That is amazing and the fact that certain players like the OP are ungrateful is baffling to me. Bottom line stop acting like spoiled little children, DE is showing us players a lot of love. And if you want previous Prime mods I agree OP can buy platinum and buy them off of other players or he can wait for the mods he needs to return.

Edited by (XB1)ForEv3rYung

Wait, so there are players out there who actually expected every single mod to receive a Prime version? Or better yet, expected power creep such as Prime Streamline, etc.?

I had a crazy idea once, which was: 

If we were to solve power creep issues, instead of culling the culprits, we instead make more and more power creep until the system collapses and we all go back to step one, thus allowing us to make the game more balanced. 

Yes, a crazy, illogical idea, but I thought it was funny. 

I think players became of the expectation that Baro was supposed to bring Primed Power Creep with each visit. Its best that it is not that way.

Haha yup you're exactly right, and when people don't get the power creep they want straight to the forums to cry about how Baro is a disappointment and make these threads I'd say be happy DE has given us any of this stuff in the first place but I feel like these threads should just be locked it doesn't help having them here

I heard they are going to involve him with Lotus for Lore reasons. So there's always that maybe that's why he's not getting so much love.

And also RNG *insert that stalker meme here*

Involve how exactly? i'll be damned if imma call that mofo space dad~

I told you all prime mods were stupid from the beginning. They should be removed (for everyone! RAWR!).  I'd be cool if he'd stay 24/7 but moved between the relays.

Considering they like to grandfather things in, I doubt it would happen unfortunately~

totally agree it's not what he gives, it's the prices.

Indeed

Only thing I would want is cosmetics or more importantly pyra.