Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Weapon Modding Principles

D.Cosmos

Question

Hey, guys!

Just created a simple weapon modding guide on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=514738676

Take a look! Object me, if I'm wrong on some aspects. I might learn a thing or two.

I hope the guide will be useful to the Warframe community.

p.s. I hope this is the right forum section to post those kind of things.

3 answers to this question

-for corpus, note toxin damage will ignore shields unless it's proto shields

-for infested, note that ancients absolutely hate corrosive damage, resulting with corrosive to deal with them and heat for the lighter units

-for the weapons strengths, you want to avoid the basic slash, impact, puncture mods (unless it's the ones from an event) because a +90% elemental damage mod would give a better bonus. A better example of playing to the weapon's strength would be using point strike and vital sense on a rifle with a high crit chance such as on the dread and soma

-for modding against weaknesses, reach would not be best for something like th ichors because range increase depends on the base range of the weapon, making reach more optimal for weapons like atterax and orthos, which already have great range

Edit: should also mention that for corrupted, usually corrosive and wither heat or cold is preferred (cold to handle shields) unless your squad has 4 corrosive projections or a warframe capable of removing 100% armor

Edited by VengefulFenrir

Thnx! I will mention this in the comment section (refering to you, of course), because the point of the guide was to provide a more simple overview. Wikia is for more advanced stuff. Not sure I can agree on range, though, because, just judging from the experience, it was harder for me to play with daggers or swords against enemies without the Range Mod, whereas I didn't need Range mod with weapons like Orthos Prime, because it was fast and long enough to hit ospreys and drones RELATIVELY easily.

Though I would say Range is not the TOP-priority mod.

Edited by D.Cosmos