Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some concerns

DirtyIrishman

Honestly I'd rather have lower drop rates, at least when I'm farming mats I have an objective, something to do to keep me playing. When I'm just waiting around for the stuff I have in my craft queue that leaves me no incentive to actually stay logged in and play the game. I've already dropped about $20 on the game buying platinum, so it's not like I'm totally opposed to paying money and supporting the game, my issue is just waiting for something I already spent the time farming to get. Let's say I've been trying to get something like the Plasma Sword, rare chance to drop from an Alert, so I spend two weeks trying to get the alert that has it to appear, finally it does and I then spend the next day or so farming the materials, so I've already spent over two weeks to get this sword, not I have to wait 12 more hours before I can even use it after all the work I already went through to get it.

What about farming for mods?

Or more Blueprints?

There's stuff you can do while you wait for the build.

The wait may be set in stone for build times, but, imagine if they replaced it iwth the need to farm more and you got even more unlucky with drops? It could potentially extend the time massive amounts.

I have not read every post but pretty close to it on this thread. Hopefully I am not repeating anyone.

Build times should be non-existant if it takes this long to farm something. Making Plat so expensive and new frames so hard to craft just discourages me from playing all together. For $20 USD I got ASH and a refill on my revives. That is a bit rediculous. I should be paying at most $5 for a gun and $10 for a frame. They need to balance this soon. Its not like there is a gripping story keeping your attention to the repetative gameplay. You need goals in a game and at this point the only one really is getting new frames and clearing all the planets. Other than that there is no real goal.

I have not read every post but pretty close to it on this thread. Hopefully I am not repeating anyone.

Build times should be non-existant if it takes this long to farm something. Making Plat so expensive and new frames so hard to craft just discourages me from playing all together. For $20 USD I got ASH and a refill on my revives. That is a bit rediculous. I should be paying at most $5 for a gun and $10 for a frame. They need to balance this soon. Its not like there is a gripping story keeping your attention to the repetative gameplay. You need goals in a game and at this point the only one really is getting new frames and clearing all the planets. Other than that there is no real goal.

It takes very little relative time to actually farm the mats for a frame (relative to other grind based games) and then 3 days to build it.

See this post about that subject: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/5253-some-concerns/page__st__20#entry39558

And this one: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/5253-some-concerns/page__st__20#entry39697

As for the rest, I replied to you here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/4915-bosses-not-dropping-warframe-materials-enough/page__st__20#entry40305

I said the same thing on another topic though. I see some people saying they grinded the parts easily and others like myself are struggling so hard. I don't see why it is so touchy with people and they jump to devs defense on this when the best solution is varied items on boss drops so I can at least change what I'm doing. How can anyone disagree with the fact that grind or not 100-150 runs on the same level for some people not just myself is simply not fun. I am happy for those that got the items quick but that doesn't mean it is the same for everyone. I am so tired of doing Neptune and not getting my control module. I still say the build times are a bit lame. They serve no real purpose but to have you put down the game for half a day to 3 days while you wait on a frame. I'm not sure the reasoning behind having the build time. Not like its a "realistic" game or anything for it to not be instant.

I said the same thing on another topic though. I see some people saying they grinded the parts easily and others like myself are struggling so hard. I don't see why it is so touchy with people and they jump to devs defense on this when the best solution is varied items on boss drops so I can at least change what I'm doing. How can anyone disagree with the fact that grind or not 100-150 runs on the same level for some people not just myself is simply not fun. I am happy for those that got the items quick but that doesn't mean it is the same for everyone. I am so tired of doing Neptune and not getting my control module. I still say the build times are a bit lame. They serve no real purpose but to have you put down the game for half a day to 3 days while you wait on a frame. I'm not sure the reasoning behind having the build time. Not like its a "realistic" game or anything for it to not be instant.

The problem with spreading out the drops to other bosses if you won't have a dedicated area to find the exact component you need, and might farm it for days only getting other rare components. At least now, IF you get the drop, it's exactly what you require.

Until more content is added, we can't really overlap the drop areas. Unless we start letting them drop form other things, like this idea: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/4248-a-very-simple-way-to-enhance-play-add-a-very-rare-chance-to-find-rare-items-in-lockerscrates/

Maybe add some mini bosses or something. I'm not saying double up on drops from a single boss just add more bosses.

Right, but then who would fight the main bosses if we had mini-bosses who were easier to get drops from? you wouldn't bother spreading your farm out, you'd just go for the easier option every time...

I do, for my part, find the craft times a little bit frustrating - but not nearly frustrating enough to burn my precious plat on when I could be spending it on slots and catalysts. And it occurs to me that every dollar someone is impatient enough to spend on rushing construction or buying a frame/weapon outright is a dollar that the devs do not need to recoup from the community in some other way, eg, in a way that effects me. If anybody is seriously ADD enough that they'd rather drop fourty bucks for instant gratification so that I can keep playing this game for free - well, I like playing this game for free.

It feels fine to me, I was able to get each part for both the ember and rhino in like the first week i started playing. It's not that hard, just don't constantly grind the bosses. Do like 10 runs, stop and play some other missions, then try the boss again. Build time seems fine to me too, having a 3 day wait period isn't all that bad, gives you time to work on a couple other things.

Ok so not mini bosses just more bosses. Your contorting my point. Its quite simple. More places to get the same item so its not repeating the same boss. Thats not difficult to grasp stop twisting it.

I'm not contorting! Mini-bosses was a specific idea for this that wouldn't work. It's very different to more boses.

More full level bosses would be fine, absolutley.

Eh. The actual drop rates I have different feelings on, I think. It took me days of grinding to get my Ember. The rng was kinder with mag blueprints, I got those within a few hours. I've only ever gotten one Orokin Reactor and zero catalysts off of event drops and I'm still praying for an energy siphon card and plasma sword blueprint. I want to try these things, I'm imagining strategies in my head that I want to explore, and I'm not being allowed to do that and that's getting really frustrating. I've commented in other threads that only shallower players really appreciate just being handed power upgrades while smarter players tend to prefer being given more versatile options to strategize around. I endeavor to be the second kind of player - and so am less inclined to thank the rng for its generosity than feel exasperated that it held the tools I wanted out of my reach for weeks first.

I must have the absolute worst luck in the world then, because since starting this thread I still have no got a single piece for the Ash frame to drop, farming the boss in Uranus at least 5 times each day before I get too bored to continue any longer. He's dropped plenty of mats and mods, no blueprints.

ok folks lets talk here, as one of you said above this IS an early stage closed beta!!! things will be changed that means things will change report problems dont outright complain about everything! plat prices will either go down or the ammount it takes to buy items will go down either way we are still in early stage. my experience in other games closed betas is that once this is done they will do 1 of 2 things. 1) wipe all client data and force a restart on all of us, however this doesnt seem like the option they would go with as it would alienate all of us that have bought plat or put in day after day into find gamebreaking bugs and such. That leaves option 2) game opens to the public all bright and shiny and those of us that helped to get it to that stage get a little present. now if that is the way it goes i can only speculate what that present might be but i bet it'll be somthing nice, so be patient and just keep reporting those bugs :3 *thumbs up*

Um.. They will do a restart, however, all of the total Platinum you've bought will be refunded to you, so you can spend it again after the restart