Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is This Build Okay For Loki Sort Of A Hybrid Build

InfinityFlamez

14 answers to this question

Yeah its a good build, but if i had to remove a mod it'd be fleeting expertise and just keep streamline maxed, loki is a really efficient frame so I wouldn't waste a slot for more efficiency since FE has a malus in duration. What you should put on it it's totally your choice!

And flow is optional as well, for loki prime though I totally recommend since he has one of the largest energy pool along with nova prime and volt prime.

Edited by (PS4)EvilFlowerChild

this is my build, if you don't have a mod (quick thinking) use wiki to see where to farm it, also if you can get Primed flow / Primed continuity it will be better (primed flow first for more energy pool and survivability as you have QT on)

367921400.jpg

That is my build spot on, except I use primed versions of Flow and Continuity, and Patagium for added mobility.

Great build. Nice to see someone else prioritizing efficiency.

IMO quick thinking and flow are only useful if you plan on face tanking, which Loki isn't built for, so I'd stay away from those unless thats your playstyle.

I would swap your r4 streamline and fleeting for a max streamline and r3 fleeting to exchange a little efficiency for duration, and maybe swap vitality or stretch for an augment.

Hybrid Loki works just fine - max range is not *really* needed for Disarm outside of defence and Raids. For other mission types, and even those if there's backup CC, you can drop range a bit - just not too far!

What I would use:

2 range mods: Stretch and OE

2 efficiency mods: (R3-4)FE and Streamline

2-3 duration mods; (Primed) Continuity, Constitution and a low-midrank Narrow Minded

1-2 ehp mods: Redirection/Vit, or (P)Flow and QT

If you have Primed Continuity, you can drop Constitution and use Flow+QT to survive a stray shot. If you don't have PCont, use the regular version and install Constitution, and use only one of Redirection or Vitality - squishier, but Invis stays cheap enough to keep active constantly.

The ID augment fits well into one of the ehp mod slots.

Don't drop Fleeting Expertise - yeah it makes invis longer, but disarm becomes too costly to cast as needed.

Edit: I finally got the builder to load (crappy internet) and yeah, that's basically what I'd recommend, exactly. 40m disarm is perfect as most enemies don't start firing until around 35-30 meters away, meaning you have a decent amount of cushion in your coverage.

Edited by Darzk

Short Answer: Yes. That seems like a wonderful well-rounded Loki Build.

Long Answer: There are many different ways you can pitch a Loki build. I personally stick to three basic ones. One like yours, a well rounded build for all situations, another focused on stealth/speed, and a final on disarm/range.

For stealth: http://goo.gl/KvrOLg - Obviously if you don't have the primed mods you can substitute those for the non-primed variant. For rage and fast deflection, you can switch those out for whatever you find lacking, fast deflection for vitality/vigor/redirection or rage for some other mod. Rush is there for the speed aspect, but can be switched out for almost any other exilus mod and only have a positive effect on the build.

For range:http://goo.gl/XCOli2 - Again, same thing with primed mods. Exilus mod can be whatever, however I find rush especially helpful while running around disarming. Fast deflection can be swapped out for any other survivability mod of choice, natural talent is helpful because you wont have too much duration on this build, but can also be swapped out.

For just a helpful team/in-between build: http://goo.gl/EvznIM -  In my experience, balanced builds can really go in any direction; as long as you don't use corrupted mods(+ one stat in exchange for lacking another). Safe-guard switch can be swapped out for any other mod of your choice, however I find this as an incredibly helpful mod if running with teammates. If you pair safe-guard switch with a duration build, you can make a teammate invulnerable for easily 15 seconds or more.

Hope this helps! Have fun Tenno!

Osw1t42.png

Here is the Loki build I use (well, Loki Prime). If you want even more range, you could slap on the Arcane Swindle helmet, but it's not necessary. Irradiated Disarm provides amazing CC, and is spammable due to the high efficiency of the build. The duration gives about 13.8 seconds of invisibility at a 15 power cost - and with Energy Siphon on the build, you recover 8.28 energy over the duration. By alternating between invis and CC (and tossing out the occasional Decoy) you can stay damage free for the most part...but in those cases where a stray Bombard rocket heads your way, there's Quick Thinking + Primed Flow. High efficiency makes sure you have plenty of fuel for QT. There's also plenty of wiggle room in the build, so tailor it to your preference.