The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mistress Asimina (Art Gallery) Updated 4/4/2019

evergreenmind

Here's something i've been wanting to address for a while now:

Asimina is not cruel.

I know this sounds weird to point out, but i've gotten the feeling that's how people view her.

Mistress Asimina is efficient with what she does and only necessarily cold with her decisions. She is not heartless. She get's no pleasure from the hardships of others nor from causing them. Asimina only does what she feels needed to be done. But since it's sort of her thing not to show any real emotions, i suppose i understand the confusion. I'm sure a large chunk of Corpus representatives see her as a full-blown ice queen as well.

But if she were really that cruel, do you think Asmina would waste any time on using Darvo against the Tenno? If she really could use her own children as weapons and pawns, and if she would do that, do you honestly think Darvo would be her only child? You can't play chess with only one soldier.

If that truly were the case, she and Frohd would have an entire chessboards worth of offspring's, all scattered across the Corpus elite, doing whatever Mommy Dearest wants them to do. With Darvo being the runt of the litter, no less.

... and now i can't get the idea of Darvo with dozen's of older siblings out of my head ... FAK

MY POINT WAS = Aimina -/-> cruel. 

I always thought of Asiminia as a Krewella DeVille-Type, Just a not cruel, Maybe a bit kinder, But still sassy AF

EDIT: Oh and well she's not out to turn animals into fur coats, there's also that.

I was actually thinking about adding that she is not like Cruella de Vil but thought that the message was clear enough without it. 

But yes, very sassy. She's Frohd's sassy-Asi.

1) Asimina is not aware of Stalkers existence, as she knows very little about Tenno lore and history in general. If she were to run into him, her reaction would be to quickly leg it in the opposite direction in a graceful manner.

2) Since the Tenno are not known to be very vocal, or social outside their own peers Asimina has hard time relating to them. She appreciates aesthetically pleasing looking Tenno, either via proper Warframe or good combination of color work and cosmetics. Showing dedication to her, by completing her tasks as acting chivalrously around her will also get you on her good side.

3) ... Why would you wan to be a chef? Having a Tenno cook for you sounds very unhealthy. Do Tenno even know how to hold a frying pan?

Edited by evergreenmind

First, I need some profit to numb my soul crushing regret!

Second, Grineer Asimina looks like the sort of person who could be the Commanding officer and a controller of a Fomorion fleet

Regret of what? I ain't payin' unless you start talkin'

Something like that. Asimina would be the overseer of all Grineer communications and Information flow. Everything the Queens hear from outside fleets will go through her first. All levels of Grineer hierarchy are required to report their doings to her periodically. It's up to her and her private forces to make sure that the word flows in the empire and to keep an eye out for possible threats. 

She would still totes be Darvo's mother. Frohd Bek saw her once while boarding a ship during a negotiations and suddenly Billy Ocean started playing in the background.

Regret of what? I ain't payin' unless you start talkin'

Something like that. Asimina would be the overseer of all Grineer communications and Information flow. Everything the Queens hear from outside fleets will go through her first. All levels of Grineer hierarchy are required to report their doings to her periodically. It's up to her and her private forces to make sure that the word flows in the empire and to keep an eye out for possible threats. 

She would still totes be Darvo's mother. Frohd Bek saw her once while boarding a ship during a negotiations and suddenly Billy Ocean started playing in the background.

There is just one problem in that.  The grineer are for the most part all clones, so wouldn't she follow the same genetic imprint as the grineer heavy gunner, grineer balista, scorpion, sprag, ven'kra tel and Kala De thaym ?  Also all grineer females undergo combat training, so how would she have ended up in essentially the grineer propaganda machine ?

There is just one problem in that.  The grineer are for the most part all clones, so wouldn't she follow the same genetic imprint as the grineer heavy gunner, grineer balista, scorpion, sprag, ven'kra tel and Kala De thaym ?  Also all grineer females undergo combat training, so how would she have ended up in essentially the grineer propaganda machine ?

After the combat training and her tour of duty is complete, she take up the role of propaganda machine - even Kela extended her own term before she returned to the Grineer courts.

I did worry about the genetics- thing while sketching this, but i hoped that since this is for-the-fun made AU version, people wouldn't take it too seriously. And she needed to be recognizable.

And what Morec0 said. Though i was wondering if the emipre allows skipping most of the combat training if the clone exceeds in other fields. I mean, we do see Grineer in the sealabs that are nothing but heads, clearly they got out of the touring because they were smart enough.

Or maybe that's just a thing for male clones and females have no such choices, who knows.

It's an AU, let's not think it too hard.

I did worry about the genetics- thing while sketching this, but i hoped that since this is for-the-fun made AU version, people wouldn't take it too seriously. And she needed to be recognizable.

And what Morec0 said. Though i was wondering if the emipre allows skipping most of the combat training if the clone exceeds in other fields. I mean, we do see Grineer in the sealabs that are nothing but heads, clearly they got out of the touring because they were smart enough.

Or maybe that's just a thing for male clones and females have no such choices, who knows.

It's an AU, let's not think it too hard.

I'm sure they would if she had something physically wrong with her, physical deficiencies that made it too difficult to make use of her in the field coupled by the massive increase in brainpower and charisma that would make her useful for propaganda - but generally I do tend to think of characters in terms of "Strengths and Weaknesses to be balanced" so take that for what you will.

I'm sure they would if she had something physically wrong with her, physical deficiencies that made it too difficult to make use of her in the field coupled by the massive increase in brainpower and charisma that would make her useful for propaganda - but generally I do tend to think of characters in terms of "Strengths and Weaknesses to be balanced" so take that for what you will.

Sounds ok, i just find it hard to imagine her in combat, beating the credits out of anyone in front of her.

Guess i'm not in the Grineer- mindset yet.

Something extra:

I kinda want to make a 3D model for Mistress Asmina. However i don't have enough talent to make realistic models like in the game. Even if i could sculpt the model, photo-realistic texturing is way out of my league.

I could make a more cartoonish version with painted textures, but it wouldn't really fit. IDK. I made a model-sheet in case i do something.

Note how the outfit is slightly different. I've been making slight re-designing for her in-game outfit, mainly just adding details. Biggest change is the "tail" part. I made it slightly less organic looking. Might still change it more.

U3B9ESc.png

Also in my Tumblr: http://undergroundwubwubmaster.tumblr.com/post/134390560597/made-a-3d-model-sheet-for-asimina-i-kinda-sorta

Edited by evergreenmind