Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polarization

Leriel

While this new system may look pretty awesome in the beginning, the problem I see is the system will eventually make people requesting for "slot system" (an assumption) , eg: 15 slots on primary weapon with full polarities and mods, making everything one shot one kill. Some people will start raging about how OP everything is and DE will probably balance things by making the enemies more bullet soaking and damaging. Even if there won't ever be a "slot system" due to request from players, polarization just makes killing enemies so easy, taking away the challenging factor which some of the players seek, I don't think Void mission or high level defense mission would suffice the need for challenge of the players. You could easily get a weapon to rank 30 again easily if you kept on grinding for a few hours so I don't see a problem with the "downside" of the polarization. Maybe DE could limit how many polarities we can implement into our equipments. No raging, butt hurt, sarcasm allowed here, thanks. Only positive/negative critics based on concrete proof are allowed.

I feel it should be only able to add 1 -3 polarities (every weapon should have a max of 3) so this enables customization but nothing to OP.

And rather than make the enemies more bullet spongy they should make them smarter, e.g. scorpions would hide behind a shield lancer and pull you in, then when you get up the shield lancer would slam you away so you couldn't get to the scorpion.

Or make them be better, give the shield lancer a larger shield for lvl 30+ so you cant shoot over it, instead you must go around him then at 40+ make it so he wont break aggro with you so he turns to face you with the shield at all times, so you must either turn him around so a friend can shoot him in the back or run up and over his shield.

Make the AI better not stronger.

I feel it should be only able to add 1 -3 polarities (every weapon should have a max of 3) so this enables customization but nothing to OP.

And rather than make the enemies more bullet spongy they should make them smarter, e.g. scorpions would hide behind a shield lancer and pull you in, then when you get up the shield lancer would slam you away so you couldn't get to the scorpion.

Or make them be better, give the shield lancer a larger shield for lvl 30+ so you cant shoot over it, instead you must go around him then at 40+ make it so he wont break aggro with you so he turns to face you with the shield at all times, so you must either turn him around so a friend can shoot him in the back or run up and over his shield.

Make the AI better not stronger.

I agree.

What's the difference between lv 20 and lv150 enemies? They are the same desingn, same weapons, same AI, only difference is, lv 150 have a lot more HP and deal a lot more DMG. I think this is a problem... I fail at wave 36 on defence map, not because they are smart, but rather they cannot be killes with my 4nd skill and they destroy the cryopod in 0.5 seconds if I don't use Snow Globe...

So.. if we want to beat high level enemies, we don't need a better strategy, we need a high level weapon with polarity slots and all mods rank 5 (like  Seration, electrical demage, armor piercing etc.).

PS: I like very much this game.. I play it from Closed Beta.. and I have 82 hours (in game stats) and some like 150 hours in Steam.

So, DE, I like your game very much, it's one of the few online games that I play almost every day, but I want to see 3 new things: new gamemodes (like clan battles), less farming (better AI for high level mobs and a high drop rate for materials), Dojo improvements (like cheap buildings for small clans, all of us want to have a Dojo... but we don't want to entering a very large clans.. we want your clan, small with friends) and, optimization. I can run other new games in 1920x1080 without problems, with high settings.. and Warframe... in 1280x720 with medium, w/o AA, and I have 8-61 FPS (in some missions I have 45-60, in others 8-15....).

I started a clan yesterday, I was exited as there are about 5 of us and we where going to build this dojo. We knew they cost alot, so what it was going to be small. Then I went to build a + section (For 3 reactors because having them in one area is nice) Ans saw the resource requirements... That's a lot foe a connector piece, then i saw 5 forma. I almost lost it, they want 100 platinum to build a CONNECTOR piece. There is almost no other way to get forma so I said there and then "Do NOT buy any we will find it on our own... some how" I will not be buying any because that is ridiculous.

But AI needs to be the next big change, they are getting better but they have a long way to go yet. 

Well, since you can only use a catalyst or reactor once, why not limit the Forma to just once as well? Even a single polarity added would be a huge advantage because it would free up more mod slots. This would also prevent people from constantly using it in order to polarize all slots on a weapon and then stack on all the damage mods. How ridiculous would it be to be able to one-shot a boss with a LATO or any other weapon?

I agree.

What's the difference between lv 20 and lv150 enemies? They are the same desingn, same weapons, same AI, only difference is, lv 150 have a lot more HP and deal a lot more DMG. I think this is a problem... I fail at wave 36 on defence map, not because they are smart, but rather they cannot be killes with my 4nd skill and they destroy the cryopod in 0.5 seconds if I don't use Snow Globe...

So.. if we want to beat high level enemies, we don't need a better strategy, we need a high level weapon with polarity slots and all mods rank 5 (like  Seration, electrical demage, armor piercing etc.).

PS: I like very much this game.. I play it from Closed Beta.. and I have 82 hours (in game stats) and some like 150 hours in Steam.

So, DE, I like your game very much, it's one of the few online games that I play almost every day, but I want to see 3 new things: new gamemodes (like clan battles), less farming (better AI for high level mobs and a high drop rate for materials), Dojo improvements (like cheap buildings for small clans, all of us want to have a Dojo... but we don't want to entering a very large clans.. we want your clan, small with friends) and, optimization. I can run other new games in 1920x1080 without problems, with high settings.. and Warframe... in 1280x720 with medium, w/o AA, and I have 8-61 FPS (in some missions I have 45-60, in others 8-15....).

AI and enemy design is probably best in another thread, but I agree that newer, higher level enemies should be introduced.

Shield Lancers could be replaced with heavier units that wield a large shield and maybe even a Brokk hammer as an example. Hell of a thing to have to fight but it would be a lot better than simply adding health and damage to the current enemies to ridiculous levels. My level 30 scindo should not have a problem cleaving through anything but the heaviest units, but the thing still takes several swings to clear a crowd Lancers from around me!

It's like the reverse of every other video game I've played where I can go back against earlier enemies that gave me a hard time and then wipe the floor with them... now I'm getting pasted by these guys that get harder, not because they're better, but only because they're a lot bigger!