Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Top 5 Leaderboard player: breaking down the combat, and suggestions to improve it.

t3st

T3st, you're so right that i now see the game like an ugly button masher.

i agree with all you posted, especially with your insight on the melee system, I'm a rabid MonHun player (more than 1200hs)

and i know that if this game had half the combat system of that one it would rock, since once you acquire the gear you want you

start playing for style and tricks, there's so many things we could do in this game; it's really sad that gameplay is reduced to 'just shoot til its dead'

i sincerely hope they revisit the melee system taking into acount your suggestions, this game would benefit so much from it.

i agree with all you posted, especially with your insight on the melee system, I'm a rabid MonHun player (more than 1200hs)

and i know that if this game had half the combat system of that one it would rock, since once you acquire the gear you want you

start playing for style and tricks, there's so many things we could do in this game; it's really sad that gameplay is reduced to 'just shoot til its dead'

i sincerely hope they revisit the melee system taking into acount your suggestions, this game would benefit so much from it.

Love me some MH, too. Tri is one of the best designed games in existence. Capcom really needs to bring Monster Hunter online to the west, and do a MUCH better job of marketing the entire MH series. It's basically Dark Souls coop done right, with greatly expanded depth/difficulty where people can fight the same bosses for weeks without getting bored. Complete travesty how overlooked it is over here.

I'd like to point out that the first two people in the leaderboards are not legitimately first and second rank, they had used an exploit in the system to achieve their place.

So, honestly, t3st is the 1st and highest legitimate player in the game. That's pretty awesome.

What is also awesome is your post. It seems to brng everything that everyone wants, and has been discussed for some time, together, in a clean, organized way and from a perspective of someone who has dedicated a lot of time to this game.

I wholeheartedly agree with what you have said. +1

Love me some MH, too. Tri is one of the best designed games in existence. Capcom really needs to bring Monster Hunter online to the west, and do a MUCH better job of marketing the entire MH series. It's basically Dark Souls coop done right, with greatly expanded depth/difficulty where people can fight the same bosses for weeks without getting bored. Complete travesty how overlooked it is over here.

I agree with you there, i remember fighting white fatalis in MH2G for weeks, damn dragon.

That game created a genre of its own, it's not an rpg, it's not a hack and slash; and it always baffles me how something so addictive and new has gone under the radar, i think it has to do with the concept that games should be 'more forgiving' and 'less hardcore', concept which i hope DE will disregard.

if DE could take some pointers from those games, at least a few, this game will have people playing for years, they're half way there, they just need to rework the melee system so it's more skill based and less a gear check and add bosses with actual mechanics that can't be overpowered by simply stacking AP on a gorgon.

Edited by Eisen

Everything what you think should be improved, should also improved in my opinion.

But how they should be improved is another thing.

The main thing is the energy and powers.

Using one power affects the others, because they all use the same resource, the energy.

Now it's like the more you use a pistol, the less you get ammo for rocket launcher and vice versa.

Why don't each power have their own energy pools?

This would encourage the use of all of your powers and actually use different powers depending on the situation...

...Instead of using the most usefull power every time.

The other thing is the combination of guns and melee.

The risk/reward ratio isn't in balance at the moment.

Give those who take a risk going melee something.

Or decrease the amount of ammo you get for your guns so you'd have to use melee time to time to save ammo!

here is my few thoughts

i dont know men, i not in top, but i do hades solo with only melee weapon (ofcorse i shoot some, cameras, and creeps who far, to lazy to chase them)))... i kill creep in 1 some times 2 melee hit...

if charged attack will depend on my melee attack i can`t even calculate my damage))) if you buff melee more, then give me creeps lvl 70-80... coz its now kinde borring)

about roles to side - move in some direction (wsad) and push duble shift, will roll in direction you move...

Edited by EvilAndrew