Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Global Matchmaking Option?

AlphaSierraMike

Speaking as a Soloer from Oceania, it's a ghost town at most times, especially in PvP. The only thing that matters when I join a session is whether they have a decent enough connection, anything below 350 is fine by me. Most of the time I have to fall back on going to NA West or Asia, and the lag isn't that bad at all, usually 250 ping, ish, I would guess.

There's already a ping limit to matchmaking, and that's pretty much all matchmaking needs.

Some might say "having the regions make it so that you get matched up with people you can communicate with" or something along that line. There's not going to be a single guaranteed language that people would use in a region, getting the right language is pretty much a crapshoot anyway, heck, I got into a match in NA West where people spoke Spanish, where it's predominantly English. Besides, ping would fix that problem if people set their limit to something low enough so it doesn't match make anything outside their country.

So the region matchmaking just further restricts the amount of matches you can get into with little to no benefit.

But just so the chat box won't overload with messages for LF Draco, keep regional chats. I would prefer not seeing a T4 host flying by with a tsunami of LF Draco messages.