The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Arcane Enhancements Best Suit Warframes? My List Of What I Currently Have And How I Plan On Using Them.

(PSN)CythonPsychoNaut

Question

Hey fellow Tennos, just curious to know from some experienced players what Arcanes you would run on the various frames. I apologize if this is a repeat of a past post but I couldn't find the info I was exactly looking for.

Basically, I have these Arcanes at the moment and this is how I am thinking of using them along with the old Arcane helmets (trying to get good use out of these) :

Avenger, Awakening, Barrier, Grace, Guardian, Pulse, Rage, Strike, Victory, Trickery.  I have a couple spare complete sets for some of these Arcanes and want to use them all on something...some are installed on Capes or Syandanas. At the moment Chroma is the only Frame with an Arcane Enhancement on his helmet. 

• Ash: Arcane Locust Helmet / Arcane Trickery on Syandana...I might run another trickery on helm.
  • Banshee: Arcane Reverb Helmet / Arcane Grace or Barrier on Cape
  • Chroma: Arcane Guardian on Helmet / Arcane Grace on Cape
  • Ember: Arcane Phoenix Helmet / Arcane Avenger or Grace on Cape
  • Equinox: Arcane Grace on Helmet / Arcane Avenger or Barrier on Cape...I play her in day form a lot with power 3 & 4 always on.
  • Excalibur: Arcane Pendragon Helmet / Arcane Strike on Syandana
  • Frost: Arcane Aurora or Squall / Arcane Avenger or Barrier on Cape
  • Hydroid: Arcane Avenger or Barrier on Cape...not sure if he is worth one on the helmet.?
  • Limbo: Maybe Arcane Grace on Helmet / Arcane Awakening on Syandana with good secondary? Really use him for exterminates to get some use out of him
  • Loki: Arcane Essence Helmet / Arcane Avenger or Grace on Cape...I mainly use Loki for spy, capture and rescue missions.
  • Mag: Arcane Coil or Gauss Helmet / Arcane Barrier on Cape
  • Mesa: Arcane Avenger on Helmet / Arcane Barrier or Grace on Cape
  • Mirage: Arcane Strike on Helmet / Arcane Awakening or Guardian on Syandana, Barrier or Grace on Cape
  • Nekros: Arcane Pulse on Helmet / Arcane Avenger or Barrier on Cape
  • Nova: Arcane Flux Helmet / Arcane Victory on Syandana
  • Nyx: Arcane Vespa Helmet / Arcane Victory on Syandana
  • Oberon: Arcane Guardian on Helmet? / Arcane Avenger, Barrier or Grace on Cape
  • Rhino: Arcane Vanguard Helmet / Arcane Avenger or Barrier on Cape
  • Saryn: Arcane Hemlock Helmet / Arcane Avenger or Barrier on Cape
  • Trinity: Arcane Aura or Meridian Helmet /  Arcane Strike on Syandana
  • Valkyr: Arcane Guardian on Helmet / Arcane Grace on Cape
  • Vauban: Arcane Esprit Helmet / Arcane Strike on Syandana
  • Volt: Arcane Pulse Helmet / Arcane Barrier on Cape
  • Zephyr: Arcane Grace on Helmet? / Arcane Rage on Syandana

These are my thoughts at the moment of how I would use the Arcane Helmets and Arcane Enhancements. I am trying to make do with the Arcane enhancements I currently have and to also get the most use out of them.

I have listed Syandana or Cape for my own reference because that is what I have currently put these enhancements on. For the Helmets listed with Arcane enhancements, these are spare sets that I am trying to get use out of too. Fortunately there is an Arcane Distiller now which makes removing Arcanes from Helmets possible and using else where.

The other Arcane I might add is Arcane Eruption but for now this is what I am trying to make use of.

20 answers to this question

Arcane Avenger buffs can stack on top of each other, leading to a +60% final crit chance to all weapons for a short amount of time. You may want to consider getting Arcane Avenger on both cosmetics so you can get absolutely stupid amounts of crits.

It's perfect for large-AoE weapons like the Synoid Simulor (which always do headshots, and therefore quadruple damage on top of the crits). I'm not sure if it has an effect on self-nuking Link+Kulstar builds, though; I don't have a Trinity so I have no idea if critical self-damage blasts are transferred through Link (since we don't seem to be able to crit against ourselves in terms of actual damage received).

Edited by SortaRandom

I'll list the arcanes in order - helmet first, then syandana.

Ash Prime - 2 Arcane Trickeries (helmet and syandana) - Got only one maxed Trickery, but 2 should work even better.

Loki Prime - Arcane Essence / Arcane Rage

Trinity - Arcane Aura / Arcane Avenger (might swap out Aura for something else when the Trinity skin comes out).

Hydroid - Arcane Eruption / Arcane Rage - Eruption used to be amazing on him before the Pilfering Swarm nerf, and it's still quite good.

Nekros - Arcane Pulse / Arcane Grace - Great with a Despoil build.

Ice Chroma - Arcane Grace / Arcane Avenger

Mesa - Arcane Grace / Arcane Avenger - Shooting Gallery and Shatter Shield. I don't have a spare Grace/Avenger set for her helmet so I run with a Grace syandana.

These are combinations that work quite well in my experience. The rest of my frames have an Arcane Rage equipped for the Arcane revive. Rage, to me, is the best overall arcane in terms of usability.

I'm not a big fan of Excalibur, but if I had a maxed Arcane Strike syandana, I'd equip it alongside the Arcane Pendragon; should work quite well.

I use Awakening on my Ember because I'm almost always using the Atomos. Pair with a DR Vectis Prime for a primary to proc the arcane frequently. :P

I overlooked the Atomos and just leveled it in the beginning. After this weekend and 3 forma later at the moment, I must say it is pretty damn good. I am enjoying it and gonna give your way a try.

Thanks.

When it comes to using an Arcane Enhancement with an old Arcane Helmet, I look at what Arcane Enhancements can work well if only applied to the Syandana. For my Rhino with Vangaurd, I gave him Awakening on the Syandana which works great with fast reloading secondaries like the Hikou Prime, or could just add Reload mods for that 60% damage buff. For my Excalibur I have two ways of playing him. One is a basic buff to all of his stats, empowering all of his abilities without taking away from any of them, and gave my Obsidian Helmet and Obsidian Yomo Syandana Trickery, but the other setup uses the Arcane Pendragon Helmet with 60% Efficiency and +200% Power Strength (or will when I get another Transient Fortitude and max it) and combined that with Arcane Strike which can activate very frequently, especially when you have a Sentinel with you. Chroma and Valkyr are pretty obvious.

Also, this I feel needs to be said. When an Arcane Enhancement is triggered while another is already active, it doesn't stack, but instead over writes the buff. Two Avengers that proc will always give a flat out +30% crit chance buff, but the timer will be reset, and that is ofcourse assuming they are both at max rank. If you have an Avenger effect that is proc'd, and Grace procs, you lose your Avenger buff until it is proc'd again, and if it procs while the effect from Grace is still active, the Grace effect will now be overwritten.

If you have an Avenger effect that is proc'd, and Grace procs, you lose your Avenger buff until it is proc'd again, and if it procs while the effect from Grace is still active, the Grace effect will now be overwritten.

Interesting...I didn't know this. I see on my Chroma (Guardian on helm and Grace on Cape) proc'ing all the time. The 2 timers running next to each other of the effect been proc'd until timer runs out.

I was not aware that the effects were been over written by the other enhancement proc'ing...I also tried to find more info on this but could not find any info regarding different enhancements proc'ing while another is active.

Edited by (PS4)mitchies_316

Interesting...I didn't know this. I see on my Chroma (Guardian on helm and Grace on Cape) proc'ing all the time. The 2 timers running next to each other of the effect been proc'd until timer runs out.

I was not aware that the effects were been over written by the other enhancement proc'ing...I also tried to find more info on this but could not find any info regarding different enhancements proc'ing while another is active.

They only get overwritten if the Arcanes are of the same type.

They only get overwritten if the Arcanes are of the same type.

Can you confirm if its not just a visual thing? The wiki has for the longest time said, one the page for Arcane Enhancement, under Effects, second sentence, top line, "The effects do not stack", with the fourth sentence saying that bit on the same enhancement being triggered? There is a good chance that the timer at the top for the duration is without any effect, like when you use a negative duration Saryn build with Regenerative Molt, the timer on Regenerative Molt will remain even if your Molt ability expired by its one second timer and not being destroyed by enemy attacks, and even though the timer is still there for Regenerative Molt, you do not gain any health from it.

my zephyr is pushing for two arcane barriers while running rejuv for the sake of grace doesnt really do much 24% of hp isn hardly worthy of an arcane slot

I'm not finding the love for Barrier at the moment...maybe stack 2 as suggested but unfortunately I only have one set at the moment. I agree, Grace can be temperamental when it procs.

Can you confirm if its not just a visual thing? The wiki has for the longest time said, one the page for Arcane Enhancement, under Effects, second sentence, top line, "The effects do not stack", with the fourth sentence saying that bit on the same enhancement being triggered? There is a good chance that the timer at the top for the duration is without any effect, like when you use a negative duration Saryn build with Regenerative Molt, the timer on Regenerative Molt will remain even if your Molt ability expired by its one second timer and not being destroyed by enemy attacks, and even though the timer is still there for Regenerative Molt, you do not gain any health from it.

I finally got around to testing it today. Using Ash Prime with Arcane Grace and Arcane Trickery, I allowed myself to get health damage until my Grace procced, and then I used my Bladestorm to proc Trickery. Trickery procced while Grace was active and I saw my health regenerating while I was invisible. My tests confirmed that two different arcanes can be active at the same time - it's not a visual bug.

I finally got around to testing it today. Using Ash Prime with Arcane Grace and Arcane Trickery, I allowed myself to get health damage until my Grace procced, and then I used my Bladestorm to proc Trickery. Trickery procced while Grace was active and I saw my health regenerating while I was invisible. My tests confirmed that two different arcanes can be active at the same time - it's not a visual bug.

Good to know mate...I tried to test as well with Grace and Rage last night and saw them proc'ing together all the time.