The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Return Sacrifices For Syndicates?

(PSN)nysudyrgh

Hello fellow Tenno

In preparation for the arrival of the glorious Synoid Simulor, I started farming standing for Cephalon Suda. While doing this I drained Red Veil's standing, eventually nearing a de-rank. Then I remembered reading that once a sacrifice has been made you'd never have to make it again. And so I continued farming standing for Suda. I am now back to Revered and came from Exalted. It's ready to rank up again but asks for a new Ember Helmet, which I already gave in the past.

Was the sacrifice change reverted or have I stumbled across a bug? I don't mind getting a new helmet but I figured I'd ask first because I was thinking of ranking the others too so that I may freely switch between all six Syndicates. But I will give up on this if return sacrifices are back.

Thank you for reading. Cheers

Edited by (PS4)nysudyrgh

I did wonder if this would happen. I made sure I never deranked because of it. If you pay the tribute after the patch then you no longer have to pay the tribute again. I assume you paid it before the patch was implemented and anything before the patch most likely didn't count as the game did not see them being "spent".

I would still suggest that you file a support ticket to see if they can fix the main cause of the problem as it probably affects a lot of accounts.

I recently started ranking up Steel Meridian because I decided to take up a fourth syndicate instead of trying to trade for they stuff. I started at the lowest rank and got rep up until I hit the first rank past neutral. I checked some old patch notes and it did say you didn't have to repay it, so I purposely lowered the level back to neutral to check, and I didn't have to pay to rank up again. I just have to get enough rep with Steel Meridian.

I.e. you should sent a support ticket because I think it's a bug. The change was stated in this thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/420448-warframe-sanctuary/?hl=%2Bsyndicate+%2Bsacrifice.

Syndicates no longer require multiple sacrifices if players drop from a higher tier to a lower one.  Players will only need to make one sacrifice ever when moving between tiers.

Also, this:

This may not be helpful, but I would recommend ranking Suda up wearing Arbiters sigil and rank Red Veil up wearing Steel's sigil.

If you only use the Suda sigil and the Steel Meridian sigil you can level 4 syndicates with a little bit of managing.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Syndicates

Scroll down to the Tips and look at the efficiency list.

I just now ran into this issue as well on Xbox. I have been rank 5 in Steel Meridian, Arbiters of Hexis, and Cephalon Suda... I have been selling their mods for a while now. I was thinking about trying to level The Perrin Sequence, both as a change of pace and also to get their syandana, so I have been slowly doing so...

The wiki it reads: 

"Since Update 16, Syndicates no longer require multiple sacrifices if players drop from a higher tier to a lower one. Players will only need to make one sacrifice ever when moving between tiers."

...So I figured it would be no big deal. Steel Meridian and Arbiters are now at rank 4. Incidentally, I had forgotten to change all of my sigils, and I noticed that Arbiters was sitting at 99,000/99,000. That's fine, but when I press Y for the 'next title' screen, the sacrifice requirement shows up once again, and I am told that I don't have the required sacrifice to earn the title (I don't have a constructed Loki Prime helm). To be clear, I have already payed this sacrifice once before. The wiki is less than helpful for further information regarding this issue, though I acknowledge this is understandable for a community-driven wiki site. One of the comments suggests that this is a bug and is unintentional, and thus here I am. A search of the most recent console patch notes for the query "sacrifice" returns no results, and I assuming that this is the sort of thing that would show up in the notes.

I can only think of three things:

1. I, and several other players, have encountered a glitch. 

2. The sacrifices were changed and the wiki is now behind in its information, or was wrong outright.

3. The wiki was partially correct in that lower levels do not require repeated sacrifices, though higher ranks do (I do not care to test this myself).

Should I too open a support ticket? I would not have willingly dropped from rank 5 to rank 4 in two of my three syndicates if I had known that I would have to pay 1,000,000+ credits & prime parts & materials & crafting time in order to reverse even a preliminary change.

I am wondering if anyone has any further information regarding this issue. Even if someone has dropped down and then ranked up *without* having to repay the sacrifice, that would be useful information. Thanks.

Edit: When I started writing this LifeNine's post wasn't visible to me, thanks for helping us out

Edited by (XB1)Teh Sushi Chef

So it was not reverted ... I did not rank Red Veil up to Exalted until after U16 so that's not it. I'll give up another Ember helmet and de-rank it again for science. If the problem persists then I'll open up a ticket. Thanks for your input fellas!

you don't have to pay!!!

I've deranked Steel Meridian so many times, that i've built about 5 extra rhino prime helms, only to notice that they don't take a second reward!!!

I suggest you do follow the recommendation and use Steel Meridian main, and gain Suda rep via Syndicate missions or do sigil swapping (Suda Rep is the Most lazy way IMO but takes a while)

Thank you for all the info guys. I have opened a support ticket, but the site says that they are swamped with requests, so I don't expect to hear back for a while. I made sure to reference the wiki article, this thread, and the link graciously posted by LifeNine (thank you). Whatever the response is, I will come back here and post it for clarity's sake. 

One other bit of information that I forgot to post here: I had not started playing Warframe until after the Tubemen of Regor/ Vay Hek splash screen was there during the loading sequence, so I am assuming that it was at least after U16.

Edited by (XB1)Teh Sushi Chef

you don't have to pay!!!

I've deranked Steel Meridian so many times, that i've built about 5 extra rhino prime helms, only to notice that they don't take a second reward!!!

I suggest you do follow the recommendation and use Steel Meridian main, and gain Suda rep via Syndicate missions or do sigil swapping (Suda Rep is the Most lazy way IMO but takes a while)

I do, I rank Hexis and Suda through the Oracle Sigil (Drains half of the Standing gained from Veil) and Meridian and Veil through the Champion Sigil. (Has no negative effect on any of my maxed Syndicates) The issue here is that we keep paying sacrifices even if we shouldn't. I want to know if the problem persists after sacrificing another helmet. Veil wil always lose Standing if I rank Suda and Hexis, so unless I keep grinding Standing for Veil just so it can dissappear again, I need this sacrifice thing fixed.

I do, I rank Hexis and Suda through the Oracle Sigil (Drains half of the Standing gained from Veil) and Meridian and Veil through the Champion Sigil. (Has no negative effect on any of my maxed Syndicates) The issue here is that we keep paying sacrifices even if we shouldn't. I want to know if the problem persists after sacrificing another helmet. Veil wil always lose Standing if I rank Suda and Hexis, so unless I keep grinding Standing for Veil just so it can dissappear again, I need this sacrifice thing fixed.

I don't know about you, but I haven't payed my Rhino helm fees to steel Meridian. Maybe send a support or something.

I recommend wearing Steel meridian and Suda sigils exclusively. (with more main onto Steel Meridian) trust me, you'll always net positive with this method.

I've done the same thing with Red Veil, Loka, Perrin, and Steel Meridian. Main RV, side into Loka, and i'll get residual points into the other 2 syndicates without affecting the other very much. I've gotten lazy about the sigils at one point, and am now sticking with Red veil, and gaining Loka/perrin rep via Syndicate missions.