Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feedback] Hate/scythe

matrixEXO

OK, first of all, it's mostly my opinion since it is my first ever Heavy. Secondly, I don't think it's a scythe but a pickaxe. Lastly, this is a feedback on it's design and animation and not so much in the damage. So, let's get started.

The Hate seems to be a very slow swing-speed weapon. Every swing is so slow that I had to add the Fury to actually make it work. This includes the Charged attack's swing. (Possibly me only?). What is more interesting is when you slide-attack. Coupling the slow swing speed with a major delay in the slide attack makes for a really bad slide-attack weapon. (The delay of about 1.5s is bad if you intend to slide-attack into melee). Charged attack is an interesting move but much of it is being put into that weird twirling that does nothing to show him charging his attack. Additionally, there is a semi-delay after charge-attacking which means another waiting. (Delay is not as bad as slide attack). The wallrun-attack is equally as bad with the swing animation being slow and sluggish. Also, it has a delay at the end of the animation. (Delay is about the same as Charged attack). The range as a "Scythe" is too short and the design itself is too short for a "Scythe".

My suggestion to fix this is broken into 3 parts. First up is universal. The following two is a design change in it's usability where only one needs to be done to correct the issues with the "Scythe".

Universal changes for the better:

The charged attack can be better if the Tenno could just swing it in a circle three times horizontally, dealing DoT-like damage over the course of the charge, with a wider and more powerful final swing. This would both aesthetically fit the design of a scythe as well as add a new level of depth into the Scythe not just as a melee weapon but as a weapon type called Scythe.

Design Change 1:

Remove the delays within the scythe's attacks itself. This would make it more potent as well as useful given it's short range while keeping it's aesthetic and ranges. Increase the swing speed of the weapon by 0.25. This would make it feel smoother, given how it looks and is supposed to have that image of a fast small weapon.

Design Change 2:

Change the whole model of the "Scythe" to a longer one, having a Tenno-sized length handle. Additionally, the range ought to be increased by 2x but the "Scythe" would now have an "effective attack range" where enemies hit within the effective attack range takes 100% of the damage possible to be dealt with all the mods and base stats and any closer in would only deal about 50% or less with no armor penetration damages applied even for charged attacks. The "effective attack range" width would be roughly the new Scythe's blade itself which also means that while the range is increased, the best area of damage is extended to the further half of the damage effect. Adding Reach will increase the total range but the "effective attack range" will not change and will always be at the outer area, joined with the end itself.

Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions on improvements? Final words: This Hate isn't a "Scythe" but a pickaxe.

Edited by matrixEXO

If you think this is slow, try the Scindo, you won't like it at all. The swing speed is actually pretty fast in my opinion, as I used it right after I played with the Scindo.

Right. I think I should to find out myself. BTW, the reason why I find it slow is because it's bloody small. It's actually having less metal disposition than the Scindo. If you swing a smaller lighter weapon, you expect a faster, quicker swing. It looks small and light enough compared to whatever heavies so I expected it to perform as good a speed as it's design. What I'm saying is that the speed does not match the design of the weapon.

Edited by matrixEXO

since this is your first heavy weapon, yes it will feel slow, but compared to the other heavy weapons, its faster, as for the scythe part, i do agree that it doesn't really look that much of a scythe, it felt more like a mini scythe or an axe

since this is your first heavy weapon, yes it will feel slow, but compared to the other heavy weapons, its faster, as for the scythe part, i do agree that it doesn't really look that much of a scythe, it felt more like a mini scythe or an axe

I see. thanks for the heads-up on what would be my doom when I start leveling those weapons for my collection.