The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rngesus Platinum Sacrifice

-Sandman

So for the benefit of the casual player and the lazy farmers, why don't we have a RNG Booster for platinum where you can select certain items from the drop table and increase it's drop rate up to a point? 

If that is too complicated, then simply let the booster increase the percentage of the rarest drops. 

EDIT:

It don't see this as reducing overall sales for DE if the percentages are balanced properly

Edited by SandmanTT

You're playing with forces you can't possibly hope to control.

Players will still complain about the booster making little difference. Even with a 90% chance of getting what you want, RNG will still find a way to give you that 10% you don't want at least five times in a row with most of it being forma.

I totally would pay 50 platinum for a 50% chance at getting a Ash Systems.

I would imagine the price of this would be have to be a fair bit more than the usual 40p for a 3 day booster for it to be economically feasible. Remember the platinum sales due to prime item trading makes up a good portion of DE revenue. 

I would imagine the price of this would be have to be a fair bit more than the usual 40p for a 3 day booster for it to be economically feasible. Remember the platinum sales due to prime item trading makes up a good portion of DE revenue. 

That would be 50 platinum per run.

Please don't give DE any more bad ideas. The drop rates for certain items are already abysmal. If anything they should work on not having such a weigthed RNG system and try to make it more equally distributed while still maintaining their platinum income.

It is quite a good indication that something is wrong with RNG in this game when ideas like this pop up on the forums. I would rather have DE fix the system than have the players paying for a fair chance of items.

The idea only serves to try to find some middle ground between the ridiculous grinding required and also the ridiculous prices of high demand / "rare" items, while still allowing people to actually PLAY the game. 

EDIT: In a team mechanic it would have to be worked out for only the booster holder to benefit in the same way that credit or affinity works, and also in a similiar way to how greedy pull was changed. 

Edited by SandmanTT

I support this idea. Either that or they balance out the drops because finding lets say 4 neurodes in a run and 0 for the next 5 or more runs wouldent be fun at all for me really :/ Ofc as C0gnitave mentions I would wonder how it would work as a team mechanic. Maybe only usable in solo? Or a way to work around it. As Sancti mentioned also "If anything they should work on not having such a weigthed RNG system and try to make it more equally distributed while still maintaining their platinum income" as I said it would be nice for them to equally distribute it.