The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Annoying Buzz Noise When In Game

TwiztedDerp

So I have been trying to figure this one out, only happens when in Warframe, but I get this annoying buzz noise from my PC, seems to be with the graphics card, does anyone else get this, and does anyone have a fix for it?  I have tried messing around with VSync settings and no improvement there.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

I had this for a while. What was happening was when my CPU fan cranked into high gear, it started vibrating my case, which was rattling my expansion slot covers against my PC case. I just pulled them out, wrapped them in electrical tape and stick them back in. I still get rattling from time to time but honestly I just punch my PC case a few times and it knocks it back into place.

I do not have a Corsair CX series power supply....I have  Thermaltake 850w modular, its a beast....its like a static noise coming from my case when I go into game.....when I exit  out, the static goes away.....If I alt tab out of game the noise is not present either.....its really strange and annoying

That might be coil whine. I had the same with my GTX 970.

It's very noticeable in Wf if you have your frames unlocked because they run so high. 

Is it anything like these?

If it is those there's not a lot you can do to get rid of it apart from capping your frames or "burn the card in". Ie let it run something intensive for a day or so and it might get rid of it. The second video has a lot of info about it.

If your mobo has an on-board graphics chip thing though you should take your GPU out, run a game off your Mobo and see if it makes the noise. 

Edited by DecapitatingJim

Not quite as high pitched but sorta like that......I did cap my frames to 50 and its not as bad......if i cap my frames any lower it affects performance....

Is it similar to the last video by any chance? That one was pretty much the same as I got.

If lowering your frames helped then it most likely will be coil whine. Try running some benchmarks or take your GPU out to pinpoint it. 

If it's coil whine then there's a much easier way to check than messing with settings or taking apart one's PC. Just plug your headphones in elsewhere. Coil whine typically only causes problems if your ports for audio equipment are poorly shielded against noise. For me it was as simple as plugging them into the back of my tower (into the motherboard) rather than he front as most case manufacturers skimp on that feature.

Yup, just like the one in the last video is it.....

That would be coil whine then. 

If it's coil whine then there's a much easier way to check than messing with settings or taking apart one's PC. Just plug your headphones in elsewhere. Coil whine typically only causes problems if your ports for audio equipment are poorly shielded against noise. For me it was as simple as plugging them into the back of my tower (into the motherboard) rather than he front as most case manufacturers skimp on that feature.

Uh...Coil whine is a physical noise, it has nothing to do with where the headphones are plugged in. 

Uh...Coil whine is a physical noise, it has nothing to do with where the headphones are plugged in.

You're right, but it can also send a buzzing noise through analogue headphones if they're sensitive enough and plugged in to an unshielded port. Though USB headsets and low fidelity headphones don't have this issue.