Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Dojo Suggestion] Resource Calculation Per Clan

TsMHicks

So I have been reading the forums all day today to see DE's response is to all the U8 issues (loot tables, etc). I notice some discussions about dojo room/etc creation resource requirements are unbearably high for "smaller" clans. The thread I posted this in got removed or my post got removed, idk which, so Ill repost here and hopefully some discussions.

So as of now Forma resource is so rare that it basically requires people to purchase from market and can been seen so far as a money grabbing instance (I personally dont think this is the issue, i think it is just bad lootables atm, but thats not here or there) and ALOT of Forma is required in the Dojo. Resource drop % has gone down significantly, but the amount dropped has gone up so you in the end might get the same amount of resources it just doesnt seem like that because of the droprate % (not sure on that, dev can i get a verification please?)

So back to the main topic (DOJOS). A large clan (30+) can easily build out a completed dojo in about a week - 2 weeks (if not less) depending on prior resource hoarding till U8 and platinum holders (for formas). So the issue begins with smaller clans like mine which is only around 10 people/max 13. Just for a simple cross connector piece it takes 120k nano spores alone for just 1 / 5 resource types needed. In a large clan thats nothing and literally takes no time to get when farming in groups. But for small clans just to get 120k nano spores could easily take 1.5-2+weeks to farm (thats if we are on all day everyday for 2weeks, but as u know LIFE takes that gaming time away haha) and that is just for 1 item in a Dojo. It would take MONTHS to farm to get the resources needed to complete a Dojo, which means instead of enjoying other aspects of Warframe, we are stuck farming constantly and I can tell you that will KILL Warframe if it becomes FarmingSimulatorFacebook1000.

I am definitely NOT asking for DE to hold my hand because I don't want that. So I proposed this on the thread/post that got deleted. Every player in Warframe that is in a clan has "Clan" friends list which shows and keeps the # of people active/non-active in that said clan. Instead of hardcoding required resource values (maybe besides Formas since that is a stream of revenue for DE) for dojo items, why not dynamically change them based on # of people in a clan? The algorithm would be very simple as you SHOULD have a "friends" list table in your DB inwhich you can point to. As I said, dynamically changes so the more people that comes into the clan the more resources it will take to build the "next" piece for the dojo. Same when people leave, but it gets less.

Here is the code logic:

Is Player in Clan?  If (yes)     {      how many?      {        do            <insert algorithm>        while (player in clan = yes)          }     }  else     <nothing>
Edited by TsMHicks

Solution:

Base creation costs would be comparable to your average blueprint, bronco, gram, etc, 300 rubedo, 200 alloy plate, 1 galium, orokin cell, 1 forma... blablabla. Per every new clan member in the clan a 1% increase would be added (with clans upwards in the 1000s oh players in the clan, it wouldn't be fair to give each clan member the burden of more than 1% cost) so it would be Possible to even build the Dojo. Right now, I'm getting the feeling that they're S#&amp;&#036;in' on the little guys, my clan is very small sized, and its probably going to stay small, so for now, our dojo... will never be created... ever. TOO costly.

I agree with the suggestion of making resource requirements smaller for small clans (<30 tenno).  Perhaps 3 "tiers" of differing construction costs based on member size?:

1-10 = One tenth of current costs

11-30 = One fourth of current costs

31+ = Current costs

I wonder if DE's vision for clans intended for having more smaller clans or larger clans.  If their vision was for larger clans, then the current high costs would certainly be an encouragement for that.

I have a small clan too.  Were only about 15 people and really only 5 of us are active enough to really help build.  I really like the idea of lower cost for smaller clans because with the whole dojo thing right now, its VERY hard to recruit players.  All the players want to join large clans to get the new dojo content, and smaller clans such as mine.  Were never going to see the new content for months and months.

With only 5 really active players, getting Forma is so hard.  I havent seen one drop yet, and havent gotten one as a reward for any missions I have been doing.

I have a small clan too.  Were only about 15 people and really only 5 of us are active enough to really help build.  I really like the idea of lower cost for smaller clans because with the whole dojo thing right now, its VERY hard to recruit players.  All the players want to join large clans to get the new dojo content, and smaller clans such as mine.  Were never going to see the new content for months and months.

With only 5 really active players, getting Forma is so hard.  I havent seen one drop yet, and havent gotten one as a reward for any missions I have been doing.

This... I have the same situation... i would be good if they change it :D

I like this idea.  Even if the amounts are lowered by 5%, that would be a very nice break for us small clans.  As it stands, my clan i about 7 people (including myself) big and with a potiential of another 2 more or so coming later this week.  I felt so relieved when we got a few more people to help out and our building proress went from 39% to 68% within one day.   So yeah, minor scale back for smaller clans, would be perfect.