The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Strange Tearing Effects At The Bottom Of The Screen.

Vismooth

Since around update 17 something weird has started happening with the game: strangely, i've been noticing that 1/5 of the screen (the bottom part, to be exact) had tearing effects all over the place, it wasn't bound to any certain object or texture, it was just constant screen tearing. I'm actually used to play without any v-sync enabled, as i usually don't even notice it's effects and the input delay it puts on is just unbearable for me to play with. But this time it looks like a whole part of the screen was getting torn apart. More than that, i noticed that the game's framerate got locked at 60, despite my settings in Nvidia Inspector, it simply ignores any settings applied. Moreover, it ignores the recently introduced IN-GAME framerate settings, when i try to set it above 60, it still remains the same. Although setting it to 60 (and it stays around 58 fps for some reason) seems to have reduced the amount of overall screen tearing.

Playing with dx11 and dx10 modes enabled, multi-treaded rendering and 64-mode are also on.
Tried redownloading, reinstalling the game, messing around with the settings, verifying and optimizing the cache, but nothing worked.

Since around update 17 something weird has started happening with the game: strangely, i've been noticing that 1/5 of the screen (the bottom part, to be exact) had tearing effects all over the place, it wasn't bound to any certain object or texture, it was just constant screen tearing. I'm actually used to play without any v-sync enabled, as i usually don't even notice it's effects and the input delay it puts on is just unbearable for me to play with. But this time it looks like a whole part of the screen was getting torn apart. More than that, i noticed that the game's framerate got locked at 60, despite my settings in Nvidia Inspector, it simply ignores any settings applied. Moreover, it ignores the recently introduced IN-GAME framerate settings, when i try to set it above 60, it still remains the same. Although setting it to 60 (and it stays around 58 fps for some reason) seems to have reduced the amount of overall screen tearing.

Playing with dx11 and dx10 modes enabled, multi-treaded rendering and 64-mode are also on.

Tried redownloading, reinstalling the game, messing around with the settings, verifying and optimizing the cache, but nothing worked.

I have the exact same problem after I have installed win 10 on my pc. Tried a lot of things to fix it and no luck. The only thing that seems to stop the tearing is to turn on vsync