The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Increasing Lag When Playing Online

Hecro

So here's the thing

I can stand perfectly alone loads and loads of time playing high-level missions without any performance trouble. However, when it gets to play with a friend (even being the host), I start having an increasing lag. It starts being bearable (each 3s a little freeze), but then it gets impossible to play with, even at a deffense round 15 (each 2s I get a 2s freeze), and it's increasing until I have to quit the match.

As soon as I leave Public/Only Friends/Only Invites, the game starts running perfectly again.

Is anyone else also experiencing this?

Edited by Hecro

What is your system specification? Sounds more like performance issue...

There only 1 people and less entity when your soloing...

Think about it, 1 people spamming ability and kohm

or 4 people spamming ability and kohm?

Your components will need to work harder for all these!

I'm using an i7 3.40 GHz as well as 16gb Ram and GeForce GTX660

This had never, ever, happened to me, but, last months it's been a quite recurrent problem.

And, whatever, my friends and I don't spam/use Kohm, and the problem is always increasing, independently of what are we taking with us. Proof is, helping a 3-newbie team it also happened...

I'm using an i7 3.40 GHz as well as 16gb Ram and GeForce GTX660

This had never, ever, happened to me, but, last months it's been a quite recurrent problem.

And, whatever, my friends and I don't spam/use Kohm, and the problem is always increasing, independently of what are we taking with us. Proof is, helping a 3-newbie team it also happened...

Check Nvidia control panel, are you running on power saving mode?(Adaptive thingy) set to Max performance.

Are you running your monitor to your GPU instead of the mobo? 

What's about the second line you wrote?

If you're using VGA / DVI, you can plug into the motherboard which does not connect to the GPU, and it will not use the GPU because it will just use your onboard cpu graphics.

I dont think its a problem if you're using HDMI, you should be connected to the GPU.

First of all, are you talking about lag (which is slowed down on-screen action for anything besides your char. FPS is pretty much stable/normal) or FPS drop/stutter/hiccup?

If it's about lag, I'm pretty sure it was your connection, somehow.

If it's about FPS drop, it's your rig/setup/config.

It's about FPS drop, but I can bear any explosions of every type when Soloing, so that's not the actual point.

The thing is an increasing lag when playing every type of mission that is not Solo. Explosions aren't the thing, I stopped at a corner without any enemies and the freezes kept going on.