Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Money Sinks - Make Credits Useful!

ProtoZealott

This game, as an MMO, is in desperate need of a money sink. Now real quick for those unfamilair with the term, it's simply a form of outlet for currency. There are many ways to encorporate it (many games do so through enhancing, enchanting, and or small fee's along the way), but the end result is to make money useful, and have players spend it so they don't stockpile ludicrous amounts. Now anyone whose played the game for a while has accrued a vast amount of wealth, and no real reason to have it. Heck in about 2 weeks I'm sitting at 300k with nothing to spend it on, let alone the people that have been around since the start and have 20+ million.

Here are a few ideas I propose to make people value the money at the end of the mission again:

Credit Purchaseable Fusion Cores. Universally useful and desireable, while still making the grind for mods important since this is an enhancement material, not an actual ability and or perk. They could be priced at around 50k-250k each in the shop, giving something to invest your bank in.

Equipment Salvaging. With the addition of prime items, it means that items simply become outdated, and thus the formas and catalyst you spent on the item become worthless. However, what if you could pay a fee, ranging from say 200k-1mil, and break down an item. Doing this gives back some of the materials (maybe half?) it costs to make, as well as a catalyst and any formas you may of spent on it (of course if you spent none, you would only get materials back).

Lottery: Fairly straight forward, you pay an amount of money for a ticket, say 10k-100k (maybe even different tickets, Bronze/silver/gold) and have a shot at a random item. Ranging from a crap ammo box to a bp, to even a forma or key.

There's also the option of making keys purchaseable for an absurd amount of credits, say like 2 million a piece. Not sure how well that would be received though.

If anyone else has any ideas for a viable useful outlet for currency feel free to post it in this thread, or simply give your opinion why something is a good or bad idea. Any form of constructive criticism or suggestion can only be beneficial! Likewise for the counter point that these ideas would cost the company business, I have to disagree, as I feel that more people would be inclined to throw down a few bucks, knowing that their money goes a long way in a game they enjoy, versus the few people who would spend a lot as it is now.

DE could make global research funding goals, similar to the MOA alerts, where people donate sums of money towards the global goal of unlocking a new weapon blue print on the market, a new feature, etc. 

The value would need to be enormous, however, so I am not too sure on how that would be handled.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

Hey Zealot, I feel the same way. But considering the direction they took in U8 and made even less things able to be traded with credits, I figured maybe we're just not thinking out of the box enough.

Please join my petition to rename credits as Glue! Or well Fuel, or Mass, or VSWBALBTTY. That's still being voted on.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/53438-petition-rename-credits-to-energy-or-fuel/

I'm especially for the buyable fusion cores, since it wouldnt give you a new mode but it lets upgrade your current ones.

Though the pricing for it should be:

Common - 5000

Uncommon - 10000 - 15000

Rare - 20000 - 40000

Also there should be an option to buy like 10s of each maybe with a 5% discount.

Edited by Shrooms

@Azure_Kyte, some global challenges would be cool, but not really sure if just a large donation would be the best choice, unless players donating got rewards. Maybe if the challenge was random, and people who donated got the blue prints, based on how much is donated to the research. Otherwise I can't help but feel that most players would not even bother helping, so it would just be a small portion of the players helping.

@unmog, an amusing read, but in the end unless glue or energy is stored in tiny boxes and everyone has it everywhere it doesn't make much sense. Although I suppose it could sort of fit as energy as a universally valueable material, but personally I prefer it as credits. Would just rather see a use to it.

@Shrooms, Those are waaaay to cheap. The reason I say 50-250k is because of how easy it is to make money later on in the game. Know someone who made 500k in 3 level 3 void runs... This is meant as an end game use for money, not really meant to be able to buy them early on. Although the buying in bulk would be nice, giving a reason to save up for a small discount.

Edited by ProtoZealott

Just think about how many fusion cores do u need for a higher upgrade on a rare.

From commons -> 20 or more, so 100k for just 1 upgrade, and im pretty sure for higher lvls you need more (also the xtra money for the upgrade) so you are about at 160k for 1upgrade

I think these prices should be fair, also its like u do a mission and earn an xtra fusion core :)

And if this gets implemented there could be platinum for credits ( u pay platinum to get credits )

as if the dojobuilding/researching isn't demanding enough =/

There's no real credit sink aside from ... ammo boxes and health restore etc.

Not that these are either but...

I would suggest adding independent traveling corpus merchants(with an s) who trade resources for credits. When they appear and what resources they have to offer could depend on rng or just planet unlocks.

I think if weapon and warframe presets are implemented, it should costs 1k credit to create a preset.

Edited by Stygi

as if the dojobuilding/researching isn't demanding enough =/

The credit requirements for Dojo rooms isn't actually all that expensive for even a single person. I'm sitting on a million credits right now, and I don't even abuse Void rewards for those 20-70k credit bonuses.

Dojo rooms cost between 50,000 and 100,000 credits. I could fund 10 of the largest dojo rooms credit-costs by myself. To say nothing of the fact that the price can be split between clan mates.

OP is in the clear for wanting more valid ways to spend credits. I would also love several of the ideas he's postured, especially a lottery-type purchase and the ability to buy fusion cores.

DE could make global research funding goals, similar to the MOA alerts, where people donate sums of money towards the global goal of unlocking a new weapon blue print on the market, a new feature, etc. 

The value would need to be enormous, however, so I am not too sure on how that would be handled.

Possible to be handled in a stage/tier process. This was... discussed during the post-MOA event livestream. Example would be:

100m donated - Unlocked Burston Prime

250m donated - Unlocked ??? (Boar Prime)

500m donated - Unlocked ??? (Lex Prime)

1000m donated - Unlocked ??? (Catacomb Key / Void Key)

2000m donated - Unlocked ??? (Increased percentages of Catacomb runs dropping Frame BP and parts)

What do you guys think? Would this ever be done?

I think that in this 4 player co-op game, aka, not MMO, we do not need any more rescources taken from us, there's plenty of expensive things already. Everything already costs some credits at least, if you have too many credits you probably just play too much, there's no need for a credit sink.

The devs should focus more on improving the mess that was the implementation of this update first and maybe get some more gameplay value in the game before considering making us spend even more resources.

Just think about how many fusion cores do u need for a higher upgrade on a rare.

From commons -> 20 or more, so 100k for just 1 upgrade, and im pretty sure for higher lvls you need more (also the xtra money for the upgrade) so you are about at 160k for 1upgrade

I think these prices should be fair, also its like u do a mission and earn an xtra fusion core :)

And if this gets implemented there could be platinum for credits ( u pay platinum to get credits )

It's supposed to take a while to max out mods though. 

Agreed , we need ways to spend money.

Holding a vast of credit ,but can't do a thing is painful.

I like that idea of fusion core and lottery.

And your idea inspire mine.

Maybe ,they could allow clans to sent their own alert/operation ?

Since we are kind of bounty hunter, if a clan is strong enough to afford the payment,they should be able to deliver the prize.

Assume there is a critical situation that requires more than a clan with 900+ tennos , but it has a exclusive technology(prize)

and only one clan can get it,

Then,the big clans needs post their bounty with reward( like:money or those weapon needs to be researched)

Doing so, even a small clan or a single player(without a clan) can accept the bounty and get the weapon and credit once they get the job done.

And the big clan will get that unique technology to do further research.

I believe there can be many kinds of situation requires more than one clan.

Thought it was a good idea.

They should create non combat factions, "Corporations" that we could invest in for "favor" or "reputation".. Kind of like in EvE with contacts, when you earn enough favor or rep for a corp, they offer you mods, items, maybe even BP's or specialized exclusive weapons..

You could invest in as many corporations as you wish, and the kicker would be that the corporations success (and determination of further costs of "buy-in investments) would be completely random..

So say you spend 100k credits into Static Shock Co. and each "buy-in" currently costs 10k. Thats 10 points of favor (1 per buy in).. However a day goes by and Static Shock Co. has seen great growth and now it's buy ins costs 50k for 1 point of favor each. And for every say 50 points of favor, you are given a "special" mission that is "solo" only where the reward may be as I say earlier mods, items, BPs, or even exclusive weapons upon completion..

Money sink, has rewards, has a random element, and has longevity..

Possible to be handled in a stage/tier process. This was... discussed during the post-MOA event livestream. Example would be:

100m donated - Unlocked Burston Prime

250m donated - Unlocked ??? (Boar Prime)

500m donated - Unlocked ??? (Lex Prime)

1000m donated - Unlocked ??? (Catacomb Key / Void Key)

2000m donated - Unlocked ??? (Increased percentages of Catacomb runs dropping Frame BP and parts)

What do you guys think? Would this ever be done?

Prime is a suffix for the original orokin era weapons/frames, which means that it was THE original tenno equipment which non-prime tenno stuff is based on. Burston, lex and boar dont seem like tenno weapons, so we will proly see no primes there. Vandals on the other hand... ;3

This sounds like people have too much money from playing a beta too much. Ofcourse we will hit walls, the game is still in main creation phase. Another thing is, I think its annoying to have content and equipment only available to those who play an ungodly amount of hours everyday. Now if you come out with hard content I will gladly spend a ungodly amount of hours to get past it. Now once I get past it, that's when a nice piece of equipment should be received. That way it isn't time played but also skill. People shouldn't be rewarded for farming tons of gold. You do that, then you create a credit buying issue between players and farmers. Money system should never provide you with gear that you wouldn't be able get through just getting past the hardest missions. If you were to do that, you would reward people for time played, not skill. That is not a game.

Edited by East_Side_Ops