The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Guide/overview] Warframe Meta (Team Builds) As Of 17.4.5

_Rue_

Question

Here's the post:

http://warframechronicles.blogspot.com/2015/09/guide-current-meta-as-of-1745.html

Expect the following:

A brief overview of the preferred team composition for each of the popular Maps/Game Modes in Warframe along with some build suggestions/notes.

Expect the meta Team Builds for the following:

Trials/Raids - Law of Retribution

EXP Farm - Draco

Defense - Non-Infested

Farming (Resources)

Farming (Credits)

Farming R5 Cores - Triton

ODD (Orokin Derelict Defense)

Thanks for reading!

The Meta exists in most games across various genres. There is nothing bad about the meta.

The meta is a great beginning to give newbies direction or help them get to another level in their game.

Also remember that the game mechanics and elements decide the meta. If you think there's something wrong with the meta, instead of flaming the meta, think of the root cause and work toward solutions.

Meta FAQs

What is "Meta"?

Meta, as it is used here is short for "Meta Game." It's a strategy that people use because of the current state of the game mechanics and Game elements. In PVP games meta-gaming refers to thinking or being aware of current trends and using this knowledge to gain an advantage. Since Warframe is mostly PVE it is the awareness of the strategies people are using for specific game modes/types. You can even think of metas as comfort zones. Certain things are easier done a specific way, sometimes even safer.

Do I have to play the meta?

No. Feel free to play with friends however you wish to. Please make sure extend the same courtesy to others. People won't force you to play meta, and you shouldn't force people to play outside the meta. People can even take the meta and transcend it potentially creating something great. Take note that what was is currently avant garde can potentially become the new meta depending on how effective it is.

Who Came up with the meta?

The players. It's simply the best (most efficient) way to do something. Game mechanics and elements drive players to use specific builds, hence metas.

Do Metas change?

Yes. With the change in weapons and powers, the meta will change.

Are there mission types without metas?

Yes. Extermination, Capture, Sabotage are some mission types with no metas. If you consider all non endless mission types meta-less then you can include Mobile defense in this list (although people sometimes need a frost as a crutch).

Why is there even a meta?

There is a meta because there are game mechanics and elements that are predictable. There will always be a meta. There will always be a chunk of your  population who will seek the most efficient way of doing things and there will always be a chunk of your gaming population that will seek the comfort of a meta.

Why are metas per mission type or even map?

Metas gravitate toward efficiency as individuals gravitate towards efficiency. What is the Meta in one mission type may not be as effective in a different mission type. A Peacemaker Mesa may be meta for Draco and non Infested Defense missions, but she is not part of the Trial/Raid meta and using her there will make her non-meta hence a risk.

Edited by _Rue_

12 answers to this question

My only question to this is:

Do we even need more people needing meta builds for every occasion now if you think of it? Because I loved to take my Volt for a walk in an ODD park with pubs before and this'll just change everything to "H ODD LF Banshee(w/ build) Equinox(w/ build) Speed Nova(w/ build) EV Trin(w/ build)".

Edited by ViroVeteruscy

Sorry to say but I can't agree with this. Meta builds as a whole are... So saddening to see.

And especially with Nekros. I disagree with that completely. If you want to die of boredom then yeah, max range and efficiency build. But why no despoil? Just slap Equilibrium on there as well, set up a macro, and spam 3 all day.

But who wants to play Nekros like that?

Duration+strength+efficiency. You can desecrate anyways and you get your armor reduction(if applicable), as well as your buffed shadows. (At base they already deal 150% damage and have 100% health, scaling with power strength.)

Play the game to have fun, let the farming come with that. Don't squeeze it out in a soul crushing way...

Then again, this is just my two cents...

I am the biggest Nekros fanboy so seeing people play him only for desecrate makes me extraordinarily disappointed.

Edited by Rheoidegen

now the people making groups will be more anal on group compositions GREAT oh and it gives DE a low down on balances needed GJ :P

just what we need is more players yelling at people for not using the frames they want you to use. Want to know why i am only playing 5 minutes a week on warframe? that article is the pure gist of it.

oh and that 'article' came at a HORRID time for mesa :P

Edited by OvAeons

only the tryhardiest of tryhards will actually care about this

This comment or this thread, or even the post that was linked to this thread? Both?

To be honest I wouldn't want my game experience to be full of people yelling at me to use the most meta and awesome efficient very patent build for my everyday work. That's like telling me to trace an image when I just want to make my own sketch.

Sorry to say but I can't agree with this. Meta builds as a whole are... So saddening to see.

And especially with Nekros. I disagree with that completely. If you want to die of boredom then yeah, max range and efficiency build. But why no despoil? Just slap Equilibrium on there as well, set up a macro, and spam 3 all day.

But who wants to play Nekros like that?

Duration+strength+efficiency. You can desecrate anyways and you get your armor reduction(if applicable), as well as your buffed shadows. (At base they already deal 150% damage and have 100% health, scaling with power strength.)

Play the game to have fun, let the farming come with that. Don't squeeze it out in a soul crushing way...

Then again, this is just my two cents...

I am the biggest Nekros fanboy so seeing people play him only for desecrate makes me extraordinarily disappointed.

What build do you use on Nekros?

Guys, I understand that some people don't like the metas. Unfortunately, you're not the majority, check the recruiting tab of your chat.

This guide is for those who need it, and not for people who don't.

You are entitled to your opinion, but others are also entitled to theirs. If people want to play meta, then so be it.

Can you play outside of the meta? Yeah. Grab friends, Clannies, Alliance buddies, etc and play with them.

Go ahead, no one is forcing you to. If you do not like these, you are free to play however you wish to.

Just please get off your high horse do not impose your will on others.

Respect and you will be respected.