Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Character Stuck Moving Forward

Ravestick

I had this issue ever since the beginning of my adventure with Warframe - 3 weeks now. I reinstalled my windows/drivers just so I could enjoy warframe more however it did nothing to help. I read quite a lot of "character stuck moving forward" threads but none of them had had a solution that'd work for me.
Details: After pressing w it stays pressed in the game window(can't type w in chat or in other programs like firefox) and my character keeps on moving forward(yes, even after alt+tabbing in and out). It stops after pressing s, however moving backwards is impossible for a while(that's as long as you kept the key pressed +/- 10%).
For now its not that huge of an issue since I'm playing excalibur but I'd like to get into archwing missions and having my frame constanly fly forward would be a huge drop in my combat effectiveness.
Sticky keys are also turned off. I'm running a win 8.1 with all the updates on an acer aspire v3 from late 2013. Launched the game from steam every time I played.

that issue happens if u are staggered while moving in that direction u are stuck at, at least for me, I only noticed it when this happens, or when u die moving in that direction, after reviving/respawning/getting revived, u get forced to that direction, is fixed by restarting the game, nothing else fixes it as far as i know :/

and it has nothing to do with your PC or windows, it is the game itself

EDIT: also try changing the keyboard like the guy above me said, maybe the cause of it, usually when I get this issue I can use the key W fine on any other app, if u don`t, probably keyboard issue

Edited by Bizzaro21

Different keyboard is out of question, I don't have that on me atm. Forgot to mention that this doesn't happen in games other than warframe - at least it hadn't before the reinstall, atm warframe is the only game I have installed
EDIT: the misperformance of the W key when typing occurs only when playing warframe, and only when the character is stuck moving forward

Edited by Ravestick

1. Long time windows bug that keeps a direction keys pressed and until you release it.  In your case release W and then tap it once

2. Remap your direction keys to the cursors to test and see if it is the W key.  Might simply be your keyboard needs a clean, but do NOT take a hoover to it or you will lose keys.  Has to be taken apart and brushed out

3. Did you sidegrade to windows 8? possible driver issue

Edited by 0Pinger

Not a windows bug then, tapping it once does nothing after release
The problem doesn't occur with arrow keys, I'll try remapping my keys so that I'll avoid a faulty w key. Turns out it's my keyboard since it works normally with ESDF mapping... So I'll have to screw my laptop apart and clean it after all...
went from 8 to 8.1 and reinstalled all the drivers in accordance to that change, driver issue is out of question

Thanks for the help, topic is green to close

• 3 months later...

This happened to me, right on login. I'm not saying it's the case for everyone, but for me I did happen to have a Logitech Gamepad (F310) plugged into my PC, and I had it too close to a few other things that depressed either the thumbstick or the D-Pad. Problem solved! Check for any gamepads or other controllers plugged in, if you have them.

• 5 years later...