Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Charge =/= "Stahlgewitter" very critical translation

antimab-EGT-

Hi,

I just realized that the artifact "Steel Charge" is translated with "Stahlgewitter",

I don't know if this is community translated or still a placeholder.

Anyhow the word "Stahlgewitter" is not only a bad translation it also stands for

a german neo-nazi band with critical content like glorification of "Nazi-Germany"

http://en.wikipedia....i/Stahlgewitter

There surely is a better translation without this bitter taste.

I don`t want to blame anyone, I just think its something worth mentioning.

Edited by antimab

I'd go with "Stahlsturm", but such words are tainted by the Nazi era, especially since "steel" in connection with "charge", "attack" and "fight" has a Nazi ring to it in German. Nevertheless, putting in the explicit name of a band such as Stahlgewitter is certainly not necessary.

Alternatives:

"Eisensturm" (Iron Storm)

"Nahkampf" (Melee)

"Klingensturm" (Blade Storm)

"Schwertsturm" (Sword Storm)

"Schwerteransturm" (Swords' charge)

"Klingenansturm" (Blades' charge)

Edited by Ced23Ric

I always only asociated the name with the book of the same name, 'In Stahlgewittern' (iirc, Storm of Steel) though that is also highly valued by people of fascist ideology (it's a good book though), didn't know about the band...

Anyway, from the new suggestions i'd probably prefer Stahlramme, as it sounds heavy and brutal while carrying no negative association.Though i'm only playing in english, so i guess i'm not the target audiance for the translation anyway. :D

Edited by Feindfeuer

I have never heard of this band, I must admit.

And I wouldn't assume the translator had anything bad in mind when inserting the term...

It's a shame this term is negatively burdened in such a way, as a native speaker I must say "Stahlgewitter", meaning Tempest of Steel, is a great way to insinuate the devastating, fearsome avalanche of steel that your foes are about to face when this Artifact is in play...

But as alternatives, there is some good suggestions in this thread. :)

No one accused someone of having done this on purpose with the third reich in mind.

As a German i can even understand how this could have happened.

One possible translation for charge is Sturm, which you also know as storm. You have the word thunderstorm which is called Gewittersturm or just Gewitter in German. And now you have Stahlgewitter, because Stahlgewittersturm sounds stupid.

Could easily be an innocent mishap. S#&$ happens.

Edited by Cathulhu